999 Meals, But There's Room for 1,000 - An April 2016 Dining Report - Complete/New DR Link - 10/16

Yum, your meal at Artist's Point looks delicious! I especially like the sound of that pappardelle your DH got. Sorry it was too mushroom-y for you! Your scallops looked great too! Oh and that cobbler...yum! Definitely going to check this out at some point!

Joining in! Oh man, those scallops look amazing, so I can't wait to hear about the ones later on in the trip! I'm pretty sure I could eat them every day.

DH and I are getting APs this coming year since we have three trips planned. Do you like the Tables in Wonderland card? I'm thinking we should do it!

The Goofy picture is so sweet! Casey's expression says it all :goodvibes
What is it with kids and pasta? That is usually a winner no matter what. Your seafood choices at AP looked really good. I never can miss the mushroom soup but I have a feeling that it is not the same for you :rotfl2:

Here is my catch up post!

Room service - I love room service! I know if you are staying a few days it can kinda be gross to eat where you are going to sleep later, but i just love the idea of it don't ask me why

Skippers Canteen! - YUM, this looks really good to me, i hope they keeps some of the more adventures items on the menu so when we get a chance to go we can try all these yummy looking things! It is a little depressing it looks so empty.... (maybe unpopular opinion coming) I thought BOG was fine, nothing bad, but not the best every (the atmosphere was great) and you cant get in there, but this place looks different and fun... but its half empty!

Artist Point - YUM, i mean i am not sure what else to say, but this meal looks great, i love scallops and they look great! Jason's meal also looks good! The cobbler looks good too, even if cobbler is not something i usually order for desert!

Wilderness lodger - this is on my list of places i would like to stay, how were the buses? did you do boat to monorail to get to Epcot or bus? Sorry i know non food related questions :P

I'm just signing on now! How did I miss that you had a new dining report up? Looks great so far. I would have skipped the run too. Eating is much more my style than running.

I always love your dining reports! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks so much. I can't wait to eat more ; )

Following along, love your reports, can't wait to read more!
Welcome Kari with the best name ever :)

Enjoying your report so far! We just returned from our 10 day trip and had similar dining options. I look forward to reading your thoughts :goodvibes

I went out of my comfort zone this trip and tried lots of yummy adult beverages - I usually stick to champagne/prosecco, but could not resist the Sunken Treasure while laying around Stormalong Bay! And hello La Vie En Rose - where have you been all my life?!? We immediately went to the liquor store once we got back to NYC and bought all ingredients and along with the handy Vitamix brought a little Epcot home!!! :worship:
Welcome back!!! Are you doing a trip report? Please send me the link if you are. I'd love to hear wall about it and especially all the adult beverages!!!!!! What have you conjured up at home? We've tried the avocado margarita but thats about it

Sorry?????:confused3

❤️http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/kastoney/media/15636471-bdf3-4b50-9e08-d8a5fe058743.jpg.html

I love that she closes her eyes and enjoys the moment, the hug, from Goofy. So sweet.
Girl loves her some character. When she was smaller even above rides all she wanted to do was hug someone. Didn't matter who. May be 3 years since her first trip but that has never changed.

Following along...I love food and I love Disney :)
What do you know? I love food and I love Disney too :-)

Yum, your meal at Artist's Point looks delicious! I especially like the sound of that pappardelle your DH got. Sorry it was too mushroom-y for you! Your scallops looked great too! Oh and that cobbler...yum! Definitely going to check this out at some point!
I can't believe you've never been to the point. You should definitely check it out sometime. Definitely up your food alley.

Joining in! Oh man, those scallops look amazing, so I can't wait to hear about the ones later on in the trip! I'm pretty sure I could eat them every day.

DH and I are getting APs this coming year since we have three trips planned. Do you like the Tables in Wonderland card? I'm thinking we should do it!
Dem scallops were pretty darn amazing. And you got yourself a date for enjoying them daily.

Congrats on the annual passes. We've found if you go more than twice a year they are worth it. Speaking of worth it, we love, love, love the tables in wonderland card. It would largely depend on how you eat, but as a table service and adult beverage loving family it is perfect for us.

The Goofy picture is so sweet! Casey's expression says it all :goodvibes
What is it with kids and pasta? That is usually a winner no matter what. Your seafood choices at AP looked really good. I never can miss the mushroom soup but I have a feeling that it is not the same for you :rotfl2:
I have no idea what it is with pasta. Though if you ask Casey it's because she is part Italian :P

Room service - I love room service! I know if you are staying a few days it can kinda be gross to eat where you are going to sleep later, but i just love the idea of it don't ask me why
Gross, smoss. Eating where I sleep is pure perfection to me. Can't get better than someone bringing me food in my bed :-)

Skippers Canteen! - YUM, this looks really good to me, i hope they keeps some of the more adventures items on the menu so when we get a chance to go we can try all these yummy looking things! It is a little depressing it looks so empty.... (maybe unpopular opinion coming) I thought BOG was fine, nothing bad, but not the best every (the atmosphere was great) and you cant get in there, but this place looks different and fun... but its half empty!
Yeah why BoG is packed and Skippers is near empty is a big ole ? for me. I'm sure its largely due to the whole ADR thing, but its such a better experience all the way around.

Wilderness lodger - this is on my list of places i would like to stay, how were the buses? did you do boat to monorail to get to Epcot or bus? Sorry i know non food related questions :P
Of course everyones experience is different but for us transportation at WL has always been great. I think on this trip we only had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus once. Plus with the boat to MK, you really can't beat the options. Now we had a half empty resort this time, but even on prior trips its always been smooth.

Since you are pondering lodging, are you all going again soon?

I'm just signing on now! How did I miss that you had a new dining report up? Looks great so far. I would have skipped the run too. Eating is much more my style than running.
Welcome Misha! Unfortunately for us both running is coming up next, but eating is right around the corner

Running on Empty

The next "morning" Jason was up for his 10K at some ungodly hour when it was still dark outside while Casey and I indulged in some beauty sleep. Not to much to report on the race front other he ran, there were star wars people, and they served no alcohol. Or at least that is all I took away from the occasion.

Ladies and gentleman, he is not a crook

Jason got back to the room after 8 and there were two things on my mind, food and bloody mary, not necessarily in that order. We got a last minute reservation at The Wave, which on paper would check both boxes, so off to the new to us restaurant at the Contemporary we went.

After a quick boat ride and the requisite photo shoot....

...we were seated quickly and all decided to try the buffet.

The Wave was a bit crowded today with both race participants and dapper day peeps so I didn't photograph the buffet, but it was quite extensive. Here are some looks at my two plates.

Starting at 12 and going clockwise we have Key Lime Eggs Benedict, Crispy Bacon (shocker there, but the crispy was a pleasant buffet surprise), Smoked Salmon, Fruit (don't judge), breakfast potatoes, and bacon and cheddar grits. As those who have followed me before know I'm not usually a buffet fan, but this food may have turned my sour buffet heart. Starting with the eggs benedict these were perfectly poached (and major props for doing this on a buffet) and were made all the better by the key lime hollandaise. I'd had something similar at Grand Floridian Cafe last year and this far eclipsed it. The breakfast potatoes were delicious, creamy, and cheesy (aka the potato trinity) and were similar to the ones at Akershus, but even better. Speaking of creamy, cheesy, and delicious the grits were the same. While there wasn't a lot of bacon flavor, they melted this south of the Mason/Dixon but not quite Southern girls heart.

For my second plate I went with repeats of some favorites and added in their sweet potato pancakes and a mickey waffle for good measure.

The pancakes were delicious in their own right, but up in the far corner of my plate was some honey pecan butter that took them to the next level. The sweet potato flavor was very detectable in the pancakes, as was some cinnamon, and they both paired wonderfully with the sweet nutty butter.

And lest anyone think the food distracted me from my real mission, meet The Wave's bloody mary.

This is what they call the Bay Lake Bloody Mary (fitting since I'd just cruised over it) which is St. Augustine Distillery Florida Cane Vodka and Bloody Mary mix garnished with Chorizo, Cheddar, and Olives and it was bloody mary vodka perfection. First, the vodka was definitely better than the usual Disney rail varietal, but it also had a good but not overpowering spice to it and the real winner an old bay (speaking to my almost Maryland heart) rim. This was $2 more than the usual disney bloody mary and worth every penny.

I didn't capture Jason's plate as it was largely the same as mine, just with more fruit (yek), but I did get a good before, during, and after of Casey's plate.

She clearly had her race later that morning on her mind!

Overall, The Wave was a great buffet choice (note they have a regular menu as well) that we will certainly try again. While buffets are not typically our style this one was well done, just hate that I always feel compelled to eat way too much. Value wise this is much cheaper than other options (just over $20 per adult) and well worth it. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $13.20.

Up next, run Casey run.....

Last edited:
I Am Woman Hear Me Roar

Hope you don't mind indulging me some non-food photos from Casey's Star Wars race. In case you couldn't tell from the outfit she picked out she was super excited for her very long 200M 4-6 year old Star Wars Dark Side race, despite never seeing a Star Wars Movie before. But she was somehow able to capture the feeling perfectly.

Jason had finish line duty and I captured her about half way through the race. Here is the video I took, n
otice she was about half way in the pack.

Then we have my most favorite picture of our entire trip. First, this face captures my determined little girl to a tee. But second, I just love all the older boys that she is leaving in her dust.

Then we have the finish line, where my baby finished an amazing 4th. We were pretty impressed.

And in true lacking no self confidence Casey form, she was even more proud of herself.

I think we all know I'm not one much for exercise, but I loved how much Casey enjoyed this. She got the running bug for sure and she and Jason are planning some small races this summer (including one where they apparently get doused with ice cream toppings) and possibly the princess next year.

After the race she was pumped to show off her costume and metal so to MGM she and I went (Jason took a much needed nap after his early "morning' jaunt). After a quick ride on her favorite shooting lady ride (aka the great movie ride) we headed to the launch bay. Unfortunately the line for Chewbacca was almost 45 minutes long so she made do with a few other furry friends....

...And a slightly less furry Mama

Up next, we hoop it on up

Welcome back!!! Are you doing a trip report? Please send me the link if you are. I'd love to hear wall about it and especially all the adult beverages!!!!!! What have you conjured up at home? We've tried the avocado margarita but thats about it

We made the La Vie En Rose last weekend. It is super delish! I had the avocado margarita this trip for the first time and it was also yum. We also bought the ingredients for the Sunken Treasure, but I did not make yet. I also found the MaKenzie's Black Cherry Cider and that is also delish - I think it was just a Flower and Garden Show special - but super refreshing and a nice change.

Of course now I am dreaming of a Bloody Mary - is it the weekend yet!?!

I did not do a Trip Report. Part of me really wants to try one - but the other part of me is chicken :-) I love reading them though so maybe I will try this weekend.

I should also say my DD who just turned 6 during the trip has now fallen in love with Star Wars - and her daddy bounded at Launch Bay. She would love your daughter's dress! And how awesome - 4th place!!!!! Love it!

Last edited:
I will definitely put Artist's Point on my list for next time!

Wow that breakfast at the Wave looks pretty darn good for 20 bucks a person. I wanted to eat there one day but got side-tracked as usual. The sweet potato pancakes look delicious and that pecan butter...mmmm

Go Casey Go! Wow she's good! That's some awesome pictures there! She looks so determined while running and proud when getting her medals! Awesome job Casey!

Casey did such a great job!! And, bonus, she looked absolutely adorable!!! I can see why it's your favorite picture. I'm generally not a fan of buffets either but I may need to make an exception to try The Wave! I consistently hear good things about it for all meals, but especially breakfast.

Way to go Casey! I love the picture of her racing, she looks so determined to leave those boys in the dust (which she is!). I love her outfit. Too cute!

Go Casey! 4th place is amazing! And she looks so happy and proud!

The key lime eggs Benedict intrigue me, as it's not a combination I would normally think of. And I'm impressed the bacon was crispy. My one experience with Disney bacon was not a good one.

Wow congrats to Casey, 4th place is absolutely incredible and she looks so adorable too :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter