9 dollar side of fries or broccoli at New Boathouse restaurant

We plan on getting an ADR for November, We can't wait and are truly looking forward to the Boathouse.

Menu and prices don't appeal to me, and at this time, they don't accept DDP. We'll probably stop in for a drink to see the place though.

Not surprising if it's as fancy as everyone says it is. Some restaurants aren't always budget friendly.
I've been to a few steak houses that have side items that are that price or more (some are $10-14) and it's just a special occasion restaurant for me.

Probably not us. The fancy restaurants are too expensive and not worth it to us. The nicest one I can compare to is Cali Grill. The atmosphere is nice and so is the view but the quality of food is no better than a Logan's or Texas Roadhouse. I will pay top dollar for steak or sides if it is from a Ruth's Chris or St. Elmo's but not any Disney restaurant. I would like to try V&A some time just to compare but haven't had time to.

Probably not us. The fancy restaurants are too expensive and not worth it to us. The nicest one I can compare to is Cali Grill. The atmosphere is nice and so is the view but the quality of food is no better than a Logan's or Texas Roadhouse. I will pay top dollar for steak or sides if it is from a Ruth's Chris or St. Elmo's but not any Disney restaurant. I would like to try V&A some time just to compare but haven't had time to.

Agree. What remains to be seen is whether Boathouse is of this quality. I would think at this price point, and with no DDP, you'd won't find many young children there. That could be a positive attribute for some guests. :earsboy:

Agree. What remains to be seen is whether Boathouse is of this quality. I would think at this price point, and with no DDP, you'd won't find many young children there. That could be a positive attribute for some guests. :earsboy:

I agree, I will wait for the reviews and see what people are saying. I'm not saying I wouldn't ever eat here, I'm just not willing to drop that kind of money on average food. I hope it is very good.

I would love to try this but we are pretty booked and already planned on Shula's our last night..but now curious if I should try this..hmm. It's certainly not for everyone but DH and I truly love a good restaurant and dropped over $400 on a dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak in Las Vegas , so these prices don't seem unreasonable given the ambiance/dining experience. I can appreciate that while we are using the DDP , that it is not used. We typically go to Steakhouse 55 in Disneyland which is similar in pricing.

Like any restaurant or experience it's not necessary to appeal to every audience which is why there are so many choices :)

We just had lunch there yesterday. There were some misprints in some of the menus that were posted online. The asparagus side is $12 and you don't have to order a side, so if $12 isn't in your budget for asparagus, don't order it. They have lower priced lunch-type items as well. There are 3 of us (2 adult and 1 child) and we each had a full meal there; drink, appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee and our bill came to $158. This was our main meal of the day. I've paid much more at Narcoosee's, Cali Grill, Monsieur Paul, etc. IMHO, the food at Boathouse was much better than much of what I've eaten at Disney signatures. This is not a Disney owned restaurant. I had the salmon which was excellent and it came with a nice side salad. My son's tacos came with fries, so no need to order a side there either. There is plenty to order there that will not entirely break the bank. If you want to go nuts and order from the raw bar and steaks, you can, but it really isn't necessary to still enjoy a meal there.

My DH and I thought the food and service were both excellent! I would urge people not to judge this restaurant based on a misprint on the cost of asparagus!

We're going for the steak and shellfish when we're there in November cause breaking the bank is part of the fun of being on vacation! Keep the reviews coming!
Oh, and do people seem to be observing the dress code? I've read it is smart casual which is a step higher than the business casual required at the signatures.

Last edited:
Oh, and do people seem to be observing the dress code? I've read it is smart casual which is a step higher than the business casual required at the signatures.

No they're not enforcing it. According to the review I posted above there's no dress code, but I bet you'll see a slightly nicer dressed crowd there given the $$$$.

According to the new Boathouse menu: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=648, a side of fries are 9.00. Asparagus hollandaise is 14.00!! these are sides! Do you know how much raw produce you could buy for that amount of money. Anyone planning on trying this restaurant, seems to be out of my price range.

It's priced more than fair for what the quality of food appears to be and based off initial reviews that have posted in the past day.
The menu, asides from soups/salads, is actually much cheaper than Disney's signatures that accept dining plans. Yachtsman and Narcoossee's were $6 to $12 more per entree on steaks, chops, tuna and scallop options.

Also, those sides are marketed as for 2-3 people. So a $12 side is really $4 if you're looking per person.

Last edited:
For sides that serve 2-3 at a steakhouse, that seems "Disney high." Basically a few bucks more than it would be at home, but not really outrageous. All of my opinion on the price is based on the food being high quality, which remains to be seen (there's a lot of "Disney mediocre" out there, as well--restaurants that are okay, but we mostly go to for the fun theme).

I am pretty happy it doesn't take the DDP, because it seems like it would be easier to get ADRs without booking far in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter