9/7/13 Fantastical Eastern Caribbean Adventure

Tami0220

Chip & Dale Fanatic
Never started a meet thread before, so dont know if this is how I do it. I know it's a long way out, but getting excited.

Well it looks like I successfully created a meet link. This will be our 2nd DCL. It will be just my DH and myself. Our first cruise was the Panama cruise bringing the Wonder to LA. Looking forward to talking to others and counting down the days together.

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

Hi, Tami. Good job getting this thread started early!
We just booked this cruise (pushed the DCL Dream cruise we planned for 2012to Fantasy in 2013 in favor of going on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas in 2012.) We won't move it again though because we definately want to try out these new ships before the kids get too old to appreciate the awesome kids clubs!
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We've been on the Magic and the Wonder and have enjoyed them both.
It's me (Kyrie), my DH (Marc), and our kids Jacob, Max, Ella, and Zoe on the cruise. At the time of sailing, our kids will be 8, 7, 4, and 2. We are excited about the cabins we chose. We got connecting verandah rooms looking right off the back of the ship (aft.) As I understand it, even a verandah partition can be removed so we can make one big verandah--and they're oversized anyway. I can picture really enjoying my coffee out there in the morning...and maybe wine in the evening with the kids tucked into their beds?! Now this IS a fantasy!

Welcome! So far I guess it's just me and you. We are way near the front of the ship. How awesome about removing the verandah partition. We had a verandah for our first cruise. Mimosas, coffee and pastries every morning. What a way to go. Look forward to meeting you as the time goes by. The waiting kills me.....

opps- ended up booking a different sailing and can't figure out how to delete this post all together. Don't mind me! ;o)

We're onboard!

It'll be me (Danielle), my husband James and our daughter Georgiana. She'll turn two onboard. :goodvibes

We're in a Cat 6B and I'm sure with the little one, we'll be spending some extra time in the room, so the verandah is going to come in handy for sure.

This will be my and dh's 4th Disney cruise and dd's first. We've done a 4-night on the Wonder, a 7-night Western on the Magic and a 12-night Baltic on the Magic. Looking forward to exploring everything new on the Fantasy.

Can't wait!

Hi there! Only 502 days until the Sept 2013 Fantasy Cruise. I come online to DIS to get my Disney fix for the day. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise and cannot wait!

DM-Ann, DH-Paul, DS-Ethan (12y), DS-Zachary (13y)
Disney Season Passholder for 20yrs-Have been to each park so many times, that I could give tours.
Favorite Disney Hotel--Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Restaurant in Disney--Epcot's Japan
Favorite Parade in Disney--Halloween w/the Headless Horseman
Favortie Time of year in Disney--Christmas, sitting in Epcot, listening to the Christmas story.

Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Dream 2011
Disney Fantasy Sept. 2013

DBF(DH by that time) and I will be on our honeymoon on this cruise! It will be his 2nd(our wedding on the Dream being his first) and my 7th! In looking at what to do for a honeymoon, we both wanted a relaxing experience(rules out theme parks) and exceptional service and manageable cost(in other words, easy to plan out exactly what is needed). The Fantasy fit the bill! Plus I've been on all 3 other ships so it was an easy choice!

So I just paid the down payment yesterday! I'm soo excited it's been years since I've taken a caribbean cruise.... and things have definitely changed since then.

Going this time it'll be myself (Jaymee) and my DBF (Chris) and I'll be 23 at the time while he'll be 28... We're timidly celebrating 4 years together on this cruise, and I'm kinda hoping that (that is if he doesn't do it before the cruise) this might be the romantic moment he's been waiting for to propose!:love:

Just so you know I LOVE Disney (even if it's conforming to society), we both love The Lion King, and if you ever look at us (and sometimes our relationship too) you'll notice a Beauty and the Beast thing going on... haha! Anyway this will be our first cruise on DCL and I'm really excited since even though I'm an adult there are still sometimes I wanna act like a kid, and Disney does it best when bringing out the kid in us! I know that I'm going to ride the aquaduck as many times as I can, but also indulge in a couple grown up stuff like a few beers as well... this is gonna be a lot of fun guys! party:

Just got off the Fantasy second official voyage and booked this next cruise while on board. The Fantasy was spectacular and we loved it more than the Dream -- even though they are sister ships. We booked a Cat 8 for the 4 of us -- me, DW, DD(18), DD(13).

Just got off the Fantasy second official voyage and booked this next cruise while on board. The Fantasy was spectacular and we loved it more than the Dream -- even though they are sister ships. We booked a Cat 8 for the 4 of us -- me, DW, DD(18), DD(13).

Do you have any tips, tricks, or a trip report to enlighten those of us who haven't been on this marvelous ship yet? :listen:

Do you have any tips, tricks, or a trip report to enlighten those of us who haven't been on this marvelous ship yet? :listen:

The Disney Fantasy is a spectacular ship. We are looking forward to doing the Eastern Caribbean. We upgraded at the port from a 9D to a 5A which made my DW happy. We had a blast touring the ship and at the Sail Away party. We met our servers and they could not have been any nicer. My DD's are 16 & 12 did not take part of the clubs but they seemed very nice. We did Sting Ray city excursion on Grand Cayman, did not get off the ship in Costa Maya and only walked into Cozumel for a couple of hours. We had fun watching the fireworks and dancing on Pirate nights. DW and I ate at PALO one night and it was delicious.

The Disney Fantasy is a spectacular ship. We are looking forward to doing the Eastern Caribbean. We upgraded at the port from a 9D to a 5A which made my DW happy. We had a blast touring the ship and at the Sail Away party. We met our servers and they could not have been any nicer. My DD's are 16 & 12 did not take part of the clubs but they seemed very nice. We did Sting Ray city excursion on Grand Cayman, did not get off the ship in Costa Maya and only walked into Cozumel for a couple of hours. We had fun watching the fireworks and dancing on Pirate nights. DW and I ate at PALO one night and it was delicious.

Oh that sounds soo lovely, DBF and I are in a cat 7A, we're actually quite content with having the verandah even if it has limited space- I looked at the pics and it is one of the bigger and more open Nav. Verandahs on the ship- room 8662. I know I want to do an excursion in each of the ports, and especially snorkeling and the Stingray Adventure on CC, We're actually not to into the alternative dining since we get pretty decent food for free in the MDRs. Also do they sell some pretty decent Pirate stuff in the gift shops? And Ear hats? I always get an Ear Hat when I go to Disneyland! It's like tradition... I saw some cool Pirate ones online that I wanna get for Pirates in the Caribbean Night, but if they have them on the ship I'll wait till then. Anyway thanks for your review!

Hi everyone! We just moved our dummy date that we booked on our wedding cruise last September to this date! We are really hoping to be able to do this one as long as we can get the kids out of school and off of work! It will be me (Shannon), DH(Mike), DD (Jade) 11, DD (Savannah) 9, DS (David) 12, and DS (Andy) 9. We haven't told the kids yet. They keep asking to go back on the Dream but I am soooooo excited to see the Fantasy! Hope to talk to y'all real soon! Have a good day!:cool1:

I have recently joined the DISboard and I am having great fun reading all the different threads. I love Disney and I try and get to Florida every year to get my Disney fix. I have been on 2 Disney cruises, our first was in April 2008 doing the 7 night western on the Magic and our second was September 2011 which was a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas on the Dream. My mission in life is to go on the Wonder and the Fantasy.
Soooo I am pleased to say that last weekend I booked this cruise so I will be able to take the Fantasy off my list. I am very excited about this cruise even though it is over a year away.
I will be with my husband and my youngest daughter and her boyfriend who will both be 20 at the time of the cruise. We have 2 adjoing 5c cabins which is what we have had in the past and we will be mid ship.
Our next job is to decide how long we can stay in Florida and then book our flights from the UK.

Hi everyone,
We are seriously considering to book this one: it will be our 5th. DCL cruise, first one on one off the new ships.
Will let you know when we booked!

We are offically booked on the cruise Cat 05E....love the back of the boat... DW and myself this will be our 4th cruise and 3rd by Disney
2010-DVC Members Cruise Wonder
2011-Family cruise Dream
2012-RCCL Oasis of the Seas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter