9/24 - 9/29 trip questions

Slapster

DIS Veteran
A touring plan site has these dates as 2 - 4 crowd-wise. If you've been during this time, is that your experience? If that's the case, we anticipate being able to get in the park at rope drop and have very favorable wait times.

Also, going to be at MK before the MNSSHP, but we are not ticketed for that. Does that event that affect crowds at all during the day?

The party generally means the park will be less crowded that day, since people w/o hoppers will not "waste" a day on MK when it closes early. However, be aware that party goers are allowed entry from 4:00, so the park, especially Main St will be very crowded, congested from 4-7.

Very cool! Can't wait to enjoy food and wine. In our 13 or so trips we've only been during FW once before, and didn't know enough to really take advantage of it.

I would check to see when the Georgia schools have their break and when the Jewish holiday is. We went the end of September last year and those were the numbers given for crowd calendars. I have to tell you if these fall during your trip then you can believe the crowds will be like they are during the summer.

Looks like Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur are in early October in 2016. I don't know what georgia school break would be in September, don't they just go back to school in late august? Man, kids today have it easy :-)

Georgia school start dates are all over the place, each county has it's own date. I know the county we live in starts August 5 and as far as I know there isn't a break except for Labor Day and then the Friday before the Georgia/Florida game (Halloween Friday). The University of Georgia starts Aug. 11 and there isn't a big break until Thanksgiving, they are off the Friday before the game and Labor Day as well.

I was at WDW around that week last year, my AP expires Sept. 24 so I must have bought and renewed it around that time. I know I originally got it for F&W and I was there for the first week of that last year. I didn't notice any horrible crowds but to be honest, I only spent mornings in the parks other than Epcot then moved over to Epcot around noon and stayed there for the rest of the day every day.

Some GA schools go back this Friday 7/29 :-( most go back the first week of Aug tho. I believe some of the schools have breaks the last week in Sept and others the first week in Oct. We are just taking ours out for our week 9-17 - 24. Have fun! It will be awesome no matter what! It's disney!

Our county in GA is off that week for Fall Break and we are planning to go to Disney. We were there last year that week as well, but only went to one MNSSHP so I don't really know the crowd levels on a normal park day. It did rain everyday we were there last year, so pack ponchos!

I was there last year these exact same dates. Everything was doable, but not everything was 5 minutes. Like always, the worst were the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but if you have a Fastpass, don't have to worry. I went on the Rapids at Animal Kingdom which said 45 minutes, when it really was a walk-on, so sometimes doble check if the wait times outside, reflect those inside.

I've never been at the park before a party night, but I plan to do it this year, though with hoppers. I have been to the park at 4 for a party night and like a previous poster said, Main Street gets crowded, but me and my sister went on The Little Mermaid ride and had no wait and we could've done a few more rides before the party but it started pouring.

All in all, plan well always, there will be people, but it won't be near Christmas day people. You will get a lot of things done. And have fun!!!

Very cool! Can't wait to enjoy food and wine. In our 13 or so trips we've only been during FW once before, and didn't know enough to really take advantage of it.
I'll also be visiting at that time (9/20 - 10/04) and the plan is F&W on a weekday when the crowd level is much lower.

Also, if you are interested in eating at Il Mulino, Morimoto Asia, STK, or bluezoo, it's Magical Dining month in Orlando. $33 for a 3 or 4 course meal! http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

I'll also be visiting at that time (9/20 - 10/04) and the plan is F&W on a weekday when the crowd level is much lower.

Also, if you are interested in eating at Il Mulino, Morimoto Asia, STK, or bluezoo, it's Magical Dining month in Orlando. $33 for a 3 or 4 course meal! http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/
Of course STK orlando doesn't have their menu up!!!! Pretty good deal for those restaurants!!

We are heading down 24 Sept. thru 1 Oct. We have been to WDW during this week or the week before the last few years. Crowds will be lower than most months. Last year it seemed like there were more people than normal but the waits were still very reasonable.

Others have posted that going to the F&W Festival during the week days (Tuesday thru Thursday) is the best time to go. I would get there at 11 am if possible. We tend to get to Epcot and ride a couple of rides then hit up the different food kiosks. During the mid-week time frame there are less people than if you go on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I have taken some pictures of my wife in the different countries and she is the only one in the shot.

As for the MNSSHP.. I think every crowd calendar I have looked at recommends or highly recommends MK on those days due to it closing early. Crowds will be lighter than normal. As another posted above it does tend to get a little crowded after 4 pm when some of the MNSSHP guests start to arrive. We arrive at 4 pm on those days as we like to go to MNSSHP. We tend to do dinner somewhere in the MK between 4:30 pm and 5:30 pm during that day (this year it will be Sept. 25th).

The weekdays are less crowded than the weekends, very noticeably. We went to MK on an MNSSHP day (tuesday) and it was less crowded than our other MK days, mostly because people going to the event tend to rest up in the morning instead of going into the park. So definitely take advantage and go at rope drop!

Be prepared for rain with ponchos and/or pop up umbrellas! Our last two trips were in September, and we had frequent showers. Thankfully we missed the really bad days. Crowds were not bad for us the past two years. On the days of the party, crowds start to build at 4-4:30 pm as party guests arrive, but it's kind of fun seeing their costumes.

Crowds might be heavier this year (or seem heavier due to lower staffing.) Touringplans has increased its crowd ratings, it seems, for most of this fall. They have 9/24-9/29 at crowd levels 6, 5, 6, 4, 5, 3 per day. Early to mid October scores even worse with several 7, 8, and 9 level days. I'm not sure what to expect this year. If resort bookings have picked up, I hope they increase staffing to compensate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter