9/24/09 3 Day Wonder - Cruise Meets, and FEs, and Goombays oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well nothing against universal i have been there quite a few times and i have stayed at the portifino hotel it was nice but there is just something about a disney vacation that gets you excited no matter how far away it is.

I agree! I'm going to Universal just cause I feel like I've neglected it for so long. But I'm going to MVMCP during my stay down there too. Wouldn't be a trip to Orlando with at least one day in Disney!

The last time i was at disney when it was decorated for christmas was when the castle was decorated to look like a giant pink birthday cake i would love to go again when it was done for christmas i love how it looks and the christmas light at the hollywood studios or as i still call it MGM Studios! Universal is fun and staying at one of their hotels was great b/c when you show your room key you get to go to the front of the line but Disney is still my hands down favorite and that will never change.:love:

I agree with you there. Disney just has a certain quality, it really is magical. You really do feel like you're in a different "world."

I'll take lots of pictures of the decorations at MK for you! :)

thank you i look forward to seeing the pictures i am trying to figure out if they are going to be having MNSSHP while we are down there next September i am gonna add it to my disney honeymoon regisrty but i guess i wont know the dates of it until probably 6 months before we go. I hope they are having it while we are down there i have seen pictures of it and everything looks so cool and it is decorated wonderfully. I love the honeymoon regisrty it makes it possible for us to make the most out of our disney trip without spending our extra money.

We're hoping for a MNSSHP date while we're down there too. That'll be the only party we haven't been to and we really want to check it out. We'll just have to wait and see! :hourglass

well i figured since i had a banner for my honeymoon i should have one for the wedding as well. This time is actually passing faster than i thought it would usually when i have a disney trip planned it tends to take FOREVER!!!

yeah i know its sad that i put disney over my wedding but i am a disney fanatic and my finance thinks it is funny. I put my wedding countdown up on my myspace page before the honeymoon one and of course my wedding one on myspace has minnie and mickey on it.
:banana:

OH YEAH!!!! I am going to disney the March before the wedding with my mom and aunt it is our last trip together before i get married and we are going to Animal Kingdom since my mom has never been there and we are going to downtown disney while we are there and i am going to pick up the mickey ears for me and my DFi. We are going to wear them at the rehersal and i am giong to bring them with us on the honeymoon i am still trying to talk him into wearing them to one of the parks but no luck so far. But i will def. get alot of pictures of us in the ears. :banana:

Awesome! :thumbsup2
He has to wear them to one of the parks, Magic Kingdom at least!
Are you getting married in Disney? Or closer to home and then going there for the honeymoon?

if i had the money we would be getting married in disney but since we dont we are getting married close to home and we are doing the honeymoon with disney. He is already talking about booking another disney cruise while we are on this one but one of the 7 day cruises since he works for the railroad he gets 2 weeks off a year and he wants our next cruise to be a full week. I have no problems with that. :cool1:

yes they are the best i have been on three DCL, Big Red Boat (bankrupt now), and Royal Caribbean. DCL has been the best but anything that has to do with disney is the BEST!! The food was the best and typical disney service which no other cruise line can really compare with.

I've been on NCL and RCCL. NCL was fun but I hear people don't like it much (I'm not picky! I loved it!) and RCCL, I was just blown away by the ship. I'm looking forward to DCL, since I've never done it before and the Disney service is probably going to put it over the top.

I went to check out POR while I was down in Orlando this past week. GORGEOUS! I can't wait. Just under 10 months to go! ;)

How was your universal trip? Yeah POR looked nice when I stayed at POFQ it is on my list of places at Disney i want to stay at. I have been on RCCL it was ok but the ship we went on was the same age as me and looked like it was stuck in the 80's and the carpet was peeling up in our rooms i am sure if we had been on one of their newer ships it would have been better. DCL is wonderful and the service is the same as at the parks and resorts so yes you will get spoiled.

Universal was great! Not crowded at all so no waits for anything. It was a little chilly though, not even reaching the 70s, but that didn't stop us from going on water rides! I also made a trip to Sea World and MVMCP. I saw a different pair of bride & groom ears at DTD. It wasn't the bride headband, it was the actual cap, with the white ears & tiara & veil on top. The groom's looked like a tux with the ears and top hat in the middle. So cute! I actually liked those better ;)

I went on one of the newer ships during my RCCL cruise so I think that's why I loved it so much. It was the Explorer of the Seas and it was gigantic and had an ice skating rink, mini-golf, rock climbing, etc. It kept us busy!!

And I can't wait to stay at POR! I'm going to get lost at that resort, I already know it!

I went to disney for my senior spring break and it was freezing when we went to animal kingdom but we still went on Kahli River Rapids (luckly we didn't get wet) yeah i have seen the new ears my DFi hates the new groom ears so i am gonna buy mine and his on ebay or amazon. I have heard that they have a pin saying that you are honeymooners but i can't figure out where to get them i want to wear them when we go in the parks. I am gonna get us baseball caps to wear in the parks that say bride and groom on them b/c i don't want to pack the groom ears it is too big to pack. You wont get lost i had a friend that went to POR and didn't get lost. I have only been to POFQ and since it is much smaller i had no problem finding my way.

They have 'just married' pins with Cinderella and her prince on it. Ask at the front desk of your hotel, they should have them there. I know they carry the "birthday" and "1st visit" ones at the hotels. If not, you can go to guest services at any park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter