9/23/07: Life Stinks! The 2nd Season! -The Final Episode. :(

I’ve never stayed at a value resort before. I’ve certainly never eaten at a value resort’s food court before. My wife would describe the food court at the Pop Century as a mariachi band on crack. That was truly one of the most chaos filled experiences of my life. Ducking, dodging, swerving to avoid people. And I’m talking about adults, don’t even get me started on the kids. I don’t know how many times I had to perform miraculous saves of my tray to keep my food from flying all over floor. Finding a table was another story altogether.

Loving your report, as I knew I would...I myself am a disney-travel-a-holic with issues....but, as I read this piece, all I could think of was Dodgeball with Ben Stiller....dodge, Duck, dive, dip, and Dodge...and we know your pain, we stayed at the All-star sports----bought DVC that day!!:rotfl2:

cheryl

We headed on to our first dinner, tonight in Parrot Cay. First came our assistant server, Roque from Peru. Nice guy. He was a little more social than our last assistant, and joked around a lot. Our server was Noel from the Phillipines. I didn’t get to meet our head server that night for reasons I’ll go into in a minute. For the record, my dinner consisted of the Baked Crab Martinique, and the Mixed Grill.

I can’t really give a review of them. You see, I had been going for as long as I could remember. Asleep around 1 each night, and up well before 7. It had been going on for at least a week. By Sunday night, I finally began to relax and the second I did, it happened. Long distance runners call it The Wall. It’s when you hit a certain point that you just can’t go any further. It started to hit me during the appetizer. Every little movement of the ship seemed to be exaggerated in my mind. I had to walk out for a minute between the appetizer and the main course to get some fresh air. I ate just a few bites of the main course and had had enough. Back to the room I went, and hit the bed. I was out within a minute. Next thing I knew it was 8 o’clock the next morning and I could see Nassau off in the distance.

The rest of my party followed my instructions and headed down to see Match Your Mate. The review: Absolutely hilarious. I felt bad because I had heard so many good things about it and really looked forward to going to see it. They didn’t enjoy the 80’s party too much.

But as I said, I was out and Day number 1 of the cruise was done. The second day would feature shopping, some chatty girls in a quiet place, and maybe the cruelest move I’ve ever seen Disney do. They did it on purpose, and everyone loved it.

I stopped by there a few minutes after 3 but didn't see anyone. The only people in there at that time were 2 guys sitting up by the bar, but the way they were dressed I figured they worked there. I didn't see anyone wearing a lime green shirt.:confused3
I met "INDIMINI" (Bob and Deb) around 3:00 in the Lounge but at a table. I did see the two people at the bar and neither had green. I didn't see anyone else. It was nice to meet INDIMINI. They are really nice people as I am sure that you all are.

Nassau Morning and I sure am feeling better. We would begin the morning with a breakfast at Parrot Cay and then it’s into Nassau for some shopping. It’s Nassau, which means we won’t be staying long. My wife always like to pick up stuff for the niece and nephew from Del Sol, and this time she decided to pick up some of those plastic rings to give away at Halloween. I, somehow, had missed the Hard Rock Café on our first trip. I have a collection of Hurricane glasses from Hard Rock Cafes I’ve visited all over the world, so I did get to add Nassau to my collection.

NassauStreet.jpg

Finally we walked into a department store in which I discovered that Paris Hilton had 3 kinds of men’s colognes instead of just 1. Now, on the one hand, it’s Paris Hilton. On the other hand, it smells really good. I refrained this time, because I had one of her bottles on the boat already. Other than that, it was just to pick up a rum cake for me (my wife actually ate all but 2 bites after we got home.) and a purse for my niece. (We don’t spoil them or anything.)

So, we head back to the ship, this time without any issues from the Carnival people who forgot their ID’s, and headed on to lunch at Triton’s. The Shrimp Cocktail was very popular at our table, and I topped it off with the oven roasted chicken. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever had warm potato salad. I’m not sure I liked it. Being warm just didn’t seem right. But make sure you get the salad station, the dressing they use is wonderful.

Since we purchased a pass to the rainforest room, I decided that I would actually go and use it. The aromatic steam room was my favorite, but I did spend a little bit of time in the main room. I have a beef here. Please, please, please, if you spend some time in this room, be aware that it’s supposed to be a quiet zone. I kept going back into the steam room because there were 2 girls in there that never shut up. And they didn’t talk quietly, either. I can tell you all about their sister’s boyfriends and how scummy they are. One of them was talking about what it would be like to date their brother……’nuf ced.

Once my rainforest room experience was ruined, it was time for one of the highlights of our cruise. A couples massage. Last time we did the cabana massage, but we decided that our time on the island was too precious, so this time we scheduled one for onboard the ship. It would test me in many ways to survive this massage. An unfounded fear would crop up, but my wife would be the one it would really affect.

Mozart... Darling...

Please post a picture of you and your family....

We would hate to have to ask Joel to describe you...;)

I have a collection of Hard rock glasses too. Where is the Hard Rock In Nassua- I'd love to add to my collection:cool1:

Mozart... Darling...

Please post a picture of you and your family....

We would hate to have to ask Joel to describe you...;)

Patience Tinkerbell. There is one coming, but we actually have never taken many pictures of ourselves on vacation. The first one we have on the ship is from Tuesday night. But Joel said that they snapped a picture of me about the same time I got that picture of them on the golf cart, so he may beat me to the punch.

I have a collection of Hard rock glasses too. Where is the Hard Rock In Nassua- I'd love to add to my collection:cool1:

It's on Charlotte St between the wharf and Bay St. It's easy to miss though. The sign isn't exactly large.

I have patience....

I just want to see what my partner in crime looks like!!! :lmao:

(or at least Joel's TR...)

just subscribing, it's nice to hear about the cruise from 2 different standpoints (yours and joel's). I can't wait to hit our first cruise in about a month :) yay!

Ya know.... I just told Joel he has nice legs...

I just wonder if Mozart will live up to my expectations......:rolleyes:

I just knew you'd do something like that:lmao: -Come on post a more resent picture -not one of you in the early years:rotfl:

May i suggest moisturizer and a facial on your next cruise???

Hey Mozart- good start and love how you are cruising with your installments (pun intended) I am on Joel's report too since I was supposed to be on this cruise as well. Free dining won me out but I'll get on that boat one day! :sail:

Mozart you're report is great! I'm trying to re-live the cruise along with it. We were on the ship too, but my dad passed away (not totally unexpected) the Friday morning after we got off the ship so it seems like it was a million years ago. We did have a wonderful time on board however! We actually cancelled our Palo Dinner and Brunch ressies because there just wasn't enough time to do everything . . . so I hope some lucky couples got to go. Looking forward to more of your story!

Ever since I started getting massages, I have had a strange fear. For some reason, the concept of having a male masseuse just freaks me out. It’s stupid. It’s probably a little homophobic. But it’s real. I don’t want one. So, imagine my fear when our 2 masseuse’s meet us at the spa, one’s male, and he introduces himself to me, while the female goes to my wife. I have too much pride, though. I’m not going to ask to switch. In we go to the room, and the guy is talking to me while the girl is talking to my wife. When they leave the room, my wife laughs at me and tells me I’ll just have to get over it. Oh yeah, and she says “Better you than me, I’d prefer a female too.”

When they come back in the room, they switch. I get the girl, and the guy heads over to my wife. YES! WE HAVE A WINNER! Only problem with the massage is that once again my pride interferes. When they asked me how hard I wanted the massage to be, my answer had been “If you can dish it, I can take it.” Let me tell you something…they can dish it. I mean really dish it. I know she was testing me to see what it would take to get me to cry uncle. I never did, though. My pride wouldn’t let me. I am a man’s man. No way I was going to let a girl get the best of me. :rolleyes1

After goofing off for a few hours, it was down to the punniest show of all, Hercules. I loved Hades. Pain and Panic deserve some of both though. Now, I got really annoyed during the show. Sitting directly behind me was a group of adults who spent the entire show complaining. They thought the show was stupid and didn’t get the jokes. They didn’t understand what everyone was laughing at. I didn’t understand why they stayed. If you’re going to be so rude as to constantly talk and complain, then just get out. (Us Southerners are too nice to say anything to your face, you know. But, man, will we talk about you behind your back.)

Getting off my soapbox, it’s time for dinner. And last night our adventurer couldn’t survive due to total exhaustion. This night, his goal was to go from zero to hero, and survive dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter