9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Wow and Oh My Goodness!! :yay: How amazing!!

An upgrade to a deluxe on the monorail AND one night FREE!!!

Super pixie dust moment!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Cannot wait to read more!!

Kathy

Wow! I love your view. I would love to stay on the ground floor, but DH has something against it.

I think she'll go for the slide. :)

Laura, no, you didn't make my timeline but as soon as we got home I sprinted into the house to read your update!:rotfl2: Then I helped unload the car...:cutie:
Anita

Glad that errands took the backseat to DISing..

Oh, wow! It sounds like this is just the beginning of the surprises!!! :goodvibes

There is nothing as great as the room coming up...

Laura, I think someone must have dumped a load of pixie dust on your family!:cloud9:

But there were some not so great moments later.... when I wondered where the magic went!

I never did find it - I had never heard of them moving a family to another resort, so I was thinking more along the line of one of the suites at CSR. I'll keep the "secret" quiet...;) I think CP might have something similar up her sleeve...

That is SO great about getting rack rate credit!!!!!!!!!! :wizard: That's like $300 isn't it???! And other credits? AWESOME! I'm so excited to read about them all!

Yep, someday we will stay at BLT-when it's inital popularity has worn off and we can get it at 7 months. I wish their rooms were the same as the main hotel though, I think the main hotel is prettier, but I do like BLT too-and the monorail with small kid(s)....I think I would LOVE that.

It was over 200 dollars... and at first I thought they were going to suite us there or something like that. I am glad we went to the Contemporary.... I loved it, the kids loved it, DH loved it.... I would highly recommend it, and I was not a fan before.

That's what I was thinking.
What a start! :cool1:

Thanks MeMom!

I read your tripee last year and loved it. My family always goes in Novemeber, so reading this really gets me going! I can't wait for the next installment:)

I have a big one for tomorrow hopefully!

I say yes to Em, and I think they are going to love that pool!

I did not realize until the second day there were two pools...

So pretty! I say yes to the slide!

I liked the slide!

Your room looks like a great location. I can't wait to read about the pool.

It was crazy to follow the corridor, I did better taking the outside path, but who knows.

Check out all the space in that room!!! :eek: Wow!

Love the bathroom -- how were the sinks -- did they drain well or threaten to overflow!

I am intrigued by the list of activities -- can't wait to see which ones your girls did.

Hurray for upcoming pool pics! :banana:

Those rooms are huge. The pics don't do it justice. We had two queens, a daybed and the pack and play and still lots of room. The bathrooms were huge too. Way bigger than any other Disney resort room...I wish they made them that big now a days.

I saw that you had posted over on LL's PTR so I thought I would come by...wow your pictures of the Contemporary are just gorgeous!! And you have some beautiful children...I'm going to go back and read but I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your trip!

Thanks for joining in.

wow.....so cool that you got moved to CR! it's not my dream resort or anything but i'd jump at the chance to stay there a couple of nights just to experience it. that kids check-in is so cute! can't wait to see how it all turns out!

by the way, the link that you have for "our room" on your index doesn't link to the post but a reply but someone. just thought you might want to know! ;)

Fixed the link, sorry!

I am telling you it is a fantastic resort. I loved WL, but this has the best transportation.... and great dining options, stores, pools, activities, staff!

Wow and Oh My Goodness!! :yay: How amazing!!

An upgrade to a deluxe on the monorail AND one night FREE!!!

Super pixie dust moment!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Cannot wait to read more!!

Kathy

It was great, hard to live up to though.

Wow! I love your view. I would love to stay on the ground floor, but DH has something against it.

I think she'll go for the slide. :)

The upstairs garden view did not have balconies... which I would have missed and did miss at CSR!

I am going for a yes on the slide for Emily:yay:. She is a little trooper. The view looks great.

I snapped some pics of our walk to the pool....

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

These are not the pictures I imagined that would be starting out your trip report! As for style, I'm not a Contemporary-type person, but it sure would be awesome to be steps away from Magic Kingdom for a few nights!

I'm sure the girls weren't old enough to feel like royalty as they checked in, but one day they'll look back and realize what a great opportunity that was!

And this getting back to reality talk...
I can't take much of that. :laughing:
Let's just live happily ever after in your pictures!!! :dance3:

Wow! That room looks awesome! And I love the pics on the way to the pool. Can't wait to read more!

I'm anxious to see how the pool rated for your family. That is one of the reasons that I have never seriously thought about staying at The Contemporary....we'll just ignore the price. ;)

The grounds look much prettier than I thought they would! And the pic of BLT is great. My kids would LOVE to be at a monorail resort, I think. :goodvibes It was so easy when I was a kid and we stayed at the Poly. Of course, there was no DHS or AK then. We tried to hop a bus to AK after breakfast at Chef Mickey's last Sept., and had a heck of a wait. I don't know how much you rode the buses while you were there, but did you find them to be convenient?

Isn't it great how you can plan and plan...and plan and still end up with lots of surprises? Your view looks great! DH would love the Contemporary. We keep saying one day we are going to get DVC at BLT.......that one day is a looooooong way away. Here's hoping your next update isn't nearly that far off!

I only saw the one pool by the dock, and it looked very neat. I'm not surprised that they had two, I can't wait to read all about your pool experiences! popcorn::

That sounds soo soo awesome Laura! I have been drooling over the Contemporary ever since we found out baby #3 is on the way, and I think we are just going to have to go that route. I'd love to have all that extra space and the garden wing room still seems lovely. Glad to hear the family liked it too!!

Can't wait to hear about the swim and see the parade!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What an unbelievable way to start the trip!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there for those two days!

I am going for a yes on the slide for Emily:yay:. She is a little trooper. The view looks great.

Emily has no fear... she puts big kids to shame! Too bad she is about an inch short of 40 inches!

These are not the pictures I imagined that would be starting out your trip report! As for style, I'm not a Contemporary-type person, but it sure would be awesome to be steps away from Magic Kingdom for a few nights!

I'm sure the girls weren't old enough to feel like royalty as they checked in, but one day they'll look back and realize what a great opportunity that was!

And this getting back to reality talk...
I can't take much of that. :laughing:
Let's just live happily ever after in your pictures!!! :dance3:

I took a lot of pics that first day or two... and I am now a Contemporary fan! I wish I would have gone up to the California Grill just to see. Next time!

Wow! That room looks awesome! And I love the pics on the way to the pool. Can't wait to read more!

The rooms were super nice, I like the remodel. I was most thrilled by the space though...

I'm anxious to see how the pool rated for your family. That is one of the reasons that I have never seriously thought about staying at The Contemporary....we'll just ignore the price. ;)

You know that slide is actually from River Country. The lifeguard who got to know my crew well told us that. While it is not a pretty slide, it is a fun one!

Plus the additions to that area they are making are fantastic... more about that later!

The grounds look much prettier than I thought they would! And the pic of BLT is great. My kids would LOVE to be at a monorail resort, I think. :goodvibes It was so easy when I was a kid and we stayed at the Poly. Of course, there was no DHS or AK then. We tried to hop a bus to AK after breakfast at Chef Mickey's last Sept., and had a heck of a wait. I don't know how much you rode the buses while you were there, but did you find them to be convenient?

We only did one bus ride. It was similar to the bus experiences at WL. I am sure that the ride to AK takes a while, hence we made some changes to our plans:rolleyes1

How exciting to be upgraded to a deluxe ! Especially to a resort you wouldn't normally pick.

I would recommend the Contemporary to anyone... I was really surprised!

Isn't it great how you can plan and plan...and plan and still end up with lots of surprises? Your view looks great! DH would love the Contemporary. We keep saying one day we are going to get DVC at BLT.......that one day is a looooooong way away. Here's hoping your next update isn't nearly that far off!

The plans at times went out the window... it is harder to travel with seven, an infant who you cannnot be sure how he would act, unbelievable heat and a three year old who certainly had a mind of her own. But we had a great trip...

I only saw the one pool by the dock, and it looked very neat. I'm not surprised that they had two, I can't wait to read all about your pool experiences! popcorn::

Coming up!

That sounds soo soo awesome Laura! I have been drooling over the Contemporary ever since we found out baby #3 is on the way, and I think we are just going to have to go that route. I'd love to have all that extra space and the garden wing room still seems lovely. Glad to hear the family liked it too!!

Can't wait to hear about the swim and see the parade!

I think the space there cannot be beat! Three could fit there for sure! The patio was so nice

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What an unbelievable way to start the trip!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there for those two days!

It was awesome

Oh, how exciting!! I have fond memories of staying at the Contemporary on my very first trip to WDW when I was 6 or 7.:goodvibes I can definitely see how you would like it, with the monorail and all the extra space.:thumbsup2

Off to the pool....

Our first Mickey sighting...
IMG_0109.jpg

Of course my brave soul did the slide. Hannah, Doug and Em all headed up to the top... and all loved it!

It was super nice to be in warm pool water, it had not gotten warm here at home yet, so our swimming had been in cold water!

The slide was fun, fast, and there was almost no line. We found the shady spot and camped out. There were always plenty of seats poolside, which was nice. I also thought the pool had tons of lifeguards, way more than CSR. It was funny because it got deeper towards the middle, so Hannah would all the sudden not be able to touch.

There was a lot of area around the pool being rehabbed. It was not so pretty, but I am super excited to see the final results: a water playground. Interesting... there also was no baby pool, but my kids did not care.

Here are some pics:

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Along the way I chatted with another family that had been moved from CSR. They were moved for one night too, refunded one night, but were unhappy about the time they lost.... I think I would have thought twice for a one night move too. They also had two rooms traveling together, and at first put them way apart at the Contemporary, but they quickly resolved that. I think that the resort had lots of rooms...

Luke swam for a bit before taking a nap

IMG_0075.jpg

We were at the pool for about two hours before we decided to head back to the room, get ready and go to DTD>

And some pretty flowers on the way back.

IMG_0106.jpg

Up next: Our first night at WDW!

I knew she would do it, what a brave little girl! The girls have grown so much since last year, Hannah looks so tall. Wow, that pool looks fabulous, I'm glad you had some time to spend there and enjoy it! It's a great nap inducer....;)

I love the updates...how great to get a free stay at Contemporary!!! The girls look like they had a wonderful time at the pool...I CAN'T wait for our trip! I look forward to reading more.

Looks like a great time at the pool! Glad to see Luke napped too. :thumbsup2 Love the pics of the girls in front of the spraying water.

I didn't realize they were building a splash park! That is really great to hear. They had it under construction when we visited in January, but it was not evident what was going on. I'm really glad they are expanding the area-it seemed like a very simple pool for a Deluxe when compared to AKL or WL.

I'm really glad to read your positive review of the CR, it just makes me want to stay there even more!!!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter