1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by IluvXU, Jan 16, 2009.

1. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Wow and Oh My Goodness!! :yay: How amazing!!

An upgrade to a deluxe on the monorail AND one night FREE!!!

Super pixie dust moment!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Cannot wait to read more!!

Kathy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

Wow! I love your view. I would love to stay on the ground floor, but DH has something against it.

I think she'll go for the slide. :)

4. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Glad that errands took the backseat to DISing..

There is nothing as great as the room coming up...

But there were some not so great moments later.... when I wondered where the magic went!

It was over 200 dollars... and at first I thought they were going to suite us there or something like that. I am glad we went to the Contemporary.... I loved it, the kids loved it, DH loved it.... I would highly recommend it, and I was not a fan before.

Thanks MeMom!

I have a big one for tomorrow hopefully!

I did not realize until the second day there were two pools...

I liked the slide!

It was crazy to follow the corridor, I did better taking the outside path, but who knows.

Those rooms are huge. The pics don't do it justice. We had two queens, a daybed and the pack and play and still lots of room. The bathrooms were huge too. Way bigger than any other Disney resort room...I wish they made them that big now a days.

Thanks for joining in.

Fixed the link, sorry!

I am telling you it is a fantastic resort. I loved WL, but this has the best transportation.... and great dining options, stores, pools, activities, staff!

It was great, hard to live up to though.

The upstairs garden view did not have balconies... which I would have missed and did miss at CSR!

5. Me&3

Me&3 DIS Veteran

I am going for a yes on the slide for Emily:yay:. She is a little trooper. The view looks great.

6. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

These are not the pictures I imagined that would be starting out your trip report! As for style, I'm not a Contemporary-type person, but it sure would be awesome to be steps away from Magic Kingdom for a few nights!

I'm sure the girls weren't old enough to feel like royalty as they checked in, but one day they'll look back and realize what a great opportunity that was!

And this getting back to reality talk...
    I can't take much of that. :laughing:
    Let's just live happily ever after in your pictures!!! :dance3:

7. jillyb

jillyb DIS Veteran

Wow! That room looks awesome! And I love the pics on the way to the pool. Can't wait to read more!

8. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I'm anxious to see how the pool rated for your family. That is one of the reasons that I have never seriously thought about staying at The Contemporary....we'll just ignore the price. ;)

9. FairyGodmotherJen

FairyGodmotherJen DIS Veteran

The grounds look much prettier than I thought they would! And the pic of BLT is great. My kids would LOVE to be at a monorail resort, I think. :goodvibes It was so easy when I was a kid and we stayed at the Poly. Of course, there was no DHS or AK then. We tried to hop a bus to AK after breakfast at Chef Mickey's last Sept., and had a heck of a wait. I don't know how much you rode the buses while you were there, but did you find them to be convenient?

10. mylag1rl

mylag1rl Mouseketeer

How exciting to be upgraded to a deluxe ! Especially to a resort you wouldn't normally pick.

11. White as Snow

White as Snow Mouseketeer

Isn't it great how you can plan and plan...and plan and still end up with lots of surprises? Your view looks great! DH would love the Contemporary. We keep saying one day we are going to get DVC at BLT.......that one day is a looooooong way away. Here's hoping your next update isn't nearly that far off!

12. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I only saw the one pool by the dock, and it looked very neat. I'm not surprised that they had two, I can't wait to read all about your pool experiences! popcorn::

13. moparop

moparop DIS Veteran

That sounds soo soo awesome Laura! I have been drooling over the Contemporary ever since we found out baby #3 is on the way, and I think we are just going to have to go that route. I'd love to have all that extra space and the garden wing room still seems lovely. Glad to hear the family liked it too!!

Can't wait to hear about the swim and see the parade!

14. MegansMom

MegansMom Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mou

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What an unbelievable way to start the trip!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your stay there for those two days!

15. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Emily has no fear... she puts big kids to shame! Too bad she is about an inch short of 40 inches!

I took a lot of pics that first day or two... and I am now a Contemporary fan! I wish I would have gone up to the California Grill just to see. Next time!

The rooms were super nice, I like the remodel. I was most thrilled by the space though...

You know that slide is actually from River Country. The lifeguard who got to know my crew well told us that. While it is not a pretty slide, it is a fun one!

Plus the additions to that area they are making are fantastic... more about that later!

We only did one bus ride. It was similar to the bus experiences at WL. I am sure that the ride to AK takes a while, hence we made some changes to our plans:rolleyes1

I would recommend the Contemporary to anyone... I was really surprised!

The plans at times went out the window... it is harder to travel with seven, an infant who you cannnot be sure how he would act, unbelievable heat and a three year old who certainly had a mind of her own. But we had a great trip...

Coming up!

I think the space there cannot be beat! Three could fit there for sure! The patio was so nice

It was awesome

16. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Oh, how exciting!! I have fond memories of staying at the Contemporary on my very first trip to WDW when I was 6 or 7.:goodvibes I can definitely see how you would like it, with the monorail and all the extra space.:thumbsup2

17. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Off to the pool....

Our first Mickey sighting...
    [​IMG]

Of course my brave soul did the slide. Hannah, Doug and Em all headed up to the top... and all loved it!

It was super nice to be in warm pool water, it had not gotten warm here at home yet, so our swimming had been in cold water!

The slide was fun, fast, and there was almost no line. We found the shady spot and camped out. There were always plenty of seats poolside, which was nice. I also thought the pool had tons of lifeguards, way more than CSR. It was funny because it got deeper towards the middle, so Hannah would all the sudden not be able to touch.

There was a lot of area around the pool being rehabbed. It was not so pretty, but I am super excited to see the final results: a water playground. Interesting... there also was no baby pool, but my kids did not care.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Along the way I chatted with another family that had been moved from CSR. They were moved for one night too, refunded one night, but were unhappy about the time they lost.... I think I would have thought twice for a one night move too. They also had two rooms traveling together, and at first put them way apart at the Contemporary, but they quickly resolved that. I think that the resort had lots of rooms...

Luke swam for a bit before taking a nap

[​IMG]

We were at the pool for about two hours before we decided to head back to the room, get ready and go to DTD>

And some pretty flowers on the way back.

[​IMG]

Up next: Our first night at WDW!

18. shannon47142

shannon47142 DIS Veteran

great pictures of the girls--they sure looked like the enjoyed themselves:cool1:

19. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I knew she would do it, what a brave little girl! The girls have grown so much since last year, Hannah looks so tall. Wow, that pool looks fabulous, I'm glad you had some time to spend there and enjoy it! It's a great nap inducer....;)

20. nu2wdisneyw

nu2wdisneyw Mouseketeer

I love the updates...how great to get a free stay at Contemporary!!! The girls look like they had a wonderful time at the pool...I CAN'T wait for our trip! I look forward to reading more.

21. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Looks like a great time at the pool! Glad to see Luke napped too. :thumbsup2 Love the pics of the girls in front of the spraying water.

I didn't realize they were building a splash park! That is really great to hear. They had it under construction when we visited in January, but it was not evident what was going on. I'm really glad they are expanding the area-it seemed like a very simple pool for a Deluxe when compared to AKL or WL.

I'm really glad to read your positive review of the CR, it just makes me want to stay there even more!!!! :laughing: