9/10: Day 4: MGM and Disers

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
Me: tc (Kelli) 41 and major Disney lover
Stephen: DH, puts up with my obsession

Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Today we are up by 7:15. Oatmeal and poptarts in the room, and on our way to MGM by 8:15. We take the walking path. What a great way to start the morning. It's not hot yet, the birds are singing. Isn't life good!

We arrive at MGM at 8:45, get through the gate and are held up by the rope at the first intersection. At 9:00, the walk back the rope, and we are headed to RnR. I love this ride. We walk right on, then off, then on again. We then head to ToT and ride. We got the study on the right for the first time. It was fun to look at new details. From there we walked to Little Mermaid (I love this, but Stephen just endures). It's about 10:00 so we head over to Starring Rolls for a mid-morning snack. Stephen is on the hunt for a good salt bagel, didn't find one at Starring Rolls. But, we did find bagels and coke (great snack, huh?).

We were here last year just after One Man's Dream opened, but Stephen thought it looked boring, so we missed it. I wasn't missing it again, so we headed there. It was so interesting. I loved it. We wandered around the exhibits for about an hour. I was so surprised we were there so long.

We walked out and walked right into WWTBAM. Stephen made it to the #1 slot two times, but never the hot seat. It was fun. I never make it on the board because I purposely push the buttons slow. I don't want to be in the spotlight. I fear I will look dumb. I tend to forget things when I'm nervous, so I'd forget simple questions like, "What Disney theme park are you in right now." It was fun anyway.

From here we got some lunch at the commisary. I like it hear cuz you can get something other than burgers. I got yakatori. Not as good as what you can get in Epcot, but still not a burger.

I wanted to see Beauty and the Beast, but, upon reviewing the weekly schedule, I saw it was not playing today. I was so disappointed. I love that show. The bummer was, we never made it back to see it. Oh well.

We hit RnR and Tot again and then headed to Indiana Jones. We always like to see if we can find the plant spectator in the crowd before he's picked. No luck. This was the first time, in a long time, that we got to see the whole show. The last few times it has been shortened due to bad weather. I enjoy this show a lot, even if I know what's going to happen.

I made Stephen go on the GMR now. I keep telling him that there is one side where a gangster gets on your car and one side where it's a cowboy. He doesn't believe me, we've only seen the gangster side, and this time was no different. I told him we'll keep riding it until he can see for himself. Men, they must always be right.

We left MGM at about 3:30 and walked back to the hotel. I really like the walking path. It's a nice way to unwind and get away from crowds (although, crowds were not a problem this week).

I took a nap for about an hour, and then we went swimming. I am really enjoying SAB. It will really be nice when the maintenance on the Yacht Club is done so all of SAB can be used.

After swimming we showered and headed to Beaches and Cream for dinner. We really liked the food here. We both had hot dogs, chips and a cookie. We took it outside and ate by the pool.

Then the best part of the day, our Illuminations Cruise with Disers. We walked over to the dock and met Beth (Beauty) and her mom, Dootsie; Jay (Jaypd) and his wife Stacie, and Brandie (Scarlett) and her husband, Matthew. After introductions, Beth's husband, John and her son, John-Cole arrived. Stephen collected money and paid the captain, and we were off. We had a good time getting to know each other. Our captain was not very informative, but Jay was. He had some trivia to stump us with. Our captain talked a little about the Swan and Dolphin resorts, but, to be honest, we were all talking so much, I doubt she could have gotten a word in edgewise. We took the cruise around the lake, to MGM and then to Epcot. We parked, talked and then scooted to the front of the boat to watch Illuminations. It was great. We realized most of us were headed to the Boardwalk, so our captain agreed to take us there. I found out later that my dear husband paid the whole tip. He just thought it would be nice. Jay told him he'd send him some real salt bagels in exchange. We all got out and got group photos, and then Brandie and Matthew boarded again to be taken back to the Yacht Club marina. This was their wedding day, and they were tired from all the activity. The rest of us hung out and talked more. Jay is a NYC police officer, and, with this being the day before 9/11 conversation leaned toward that subject. Jay didn't seem put off by discussing his experience. It was good to talk to someone who was so close to all that happened. They were at WDW to get away from all the hype, and, besides, 9/11 was Stacie's b-day, and she deserved a celebration. Stacie, I hope you had a great b-day. Jay and Stacie left, I think to head to Pleasure Island, and we went to the Boardwalk Bakery with Beth and her family. After that, we headed back toward the Swan where they were staying. I was so sad that it had to end. I really had a good time. It was so fun to put faces to the personalities I've met over the past year. I hope to see them again, and build the relationships on line. Hi Beth, Jay, Brandie and all your family. You all made this cruise so amazing.

We made it back to our room by 11:00; tired, but happy.

What a great day - and meeting Dis'ers to boot - aren't Jay and Stacey fun - thanks for posting!

What a great evening - meeting friends from the DIS, and Illuminations cruise, too!

Sounds like a great day!

And a min-meet as well, how neat!

Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter