1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

8nt Galveston dinner rotation/formal night?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BibbidyBobbidyBoo, Jan 11, 2013.

1. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Hi
    It's my time to book for our upcoming cruise and I don't know what the dinner rotation is- attempting to book Palo away from formal night but I don't know what night is semi-formal or formal and search didn't help me.

Can anyone tell me please?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. diamondjfarms

diamondjfarms Earning My Ears

Everyone has a different rotation. All you can pick is 1st or 2nd seating (6:15/8:15)

I bet you can call Disney reservations, and they could give you your rotation.

4. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

BibbidyBobbidyBoo <font color=red><br>AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'm sorry- to clarify I meant rotation as in what night is semi-formal, what night is formal, what night is pirate party and such. Sorry for the confusion

But thank you for reminding me the dining times. :) I thought the first seating was 5:30 so I appreciate you posting that!

I found 7nt galveston cruises and I'm going to guess first sea day is formal based on that. Not sure when semi-formal will be. Maybe our short day at Key West will be semi-formal night.

5. lovetotraveltx

lovetotraveltx DIS Veteran

1st sea day is formal. Wednesday, sea day before key west is pirates and key west night is semi formal. We are taking that cruise in may and that's what DCL told me.

6. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

Thank you so much!
    that's actually exactly how I ended up guessing it would be -but I appreciate you confirmining it, very much! :)

7. MedicGoofy

MedicGoofy DIS Veteran

I'm also taking this cruise and I believe ours is a little different for the semiformal night.

Formal = first full at sea night (Saturday night)
    Pirate = Wednesday night (at sea day)
    Semi formal = last full sea day (NOT our Key West day, Friday night)

So, depending when you are going, yours might be a little different.

You can always call them to double check all this. Several on my cruise did so we knew we had the right info:thumbsup2

8. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

Ohh ok for the info.
    I might call.. I'm not sure it matters for us though- I don't have anything planned for the last sea day anyway. So if it's Key west day or last sea day dinner- doesn't really matter to us. But it might be good to know for others since on our FB page I'd already passed along that it was probably on Key west day. Thanks!

Also the info given previously by someone was 6:15/8:15 dinners- but I saw on recent navigators that it's 5:45 or 8;15 (perhaps staggered times for each?) :confused3 Not sure which it is but I guess that also doesn't matter... if it's really 6;15 just gives us a bit more time before dinner is all. :)

9. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I think the staggered dining is on the Dream class ships? Lemme go check.

10. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Dinner on the Wonder and Fantasy cruises we've taken have been 5:45 and 8:15 p.m. It sticks in my mind because a woman assigned to our table (Wonder, Panama Canal two years ago) thought 5:45 was too early so she made her grand entrance at 6 p.m. every.single.night on the arm of the head waiter just because that's when she thought dinner should start. This was on a 15-night cruise, so eventually our waiters stopped waiting for her. Which was more than fine with the rest of the hungry people at our table.

11. BibbidyBobbidyBoo

^^ wow how inconsiderate. Late for some reason is one thing, purposely showing up late and holding up your table because you think it's too early is just rude!

12. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

It has been 5:45 & 8:15 for each of our cruises the past two years on the Wonder, Magic & Fantasy. They stopped the stagered dining times a while ago.