8am ADR at H&V?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ImpossibleOfMe, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ImpossibleOfMe

ImpossibleOfMe Mouseketeer

I'm wondering if having the 8am ADR is going to put us behind the crowds or if we're likely to finish around the same time as everyone is let into DHS?

Also, I'm sure this is posted elsewhere, but how far before the ADR time should we arrive?

Jedi Academy is at the top of our list since we are going for DS's 4th birthday and he loves Star Wars - I wanted to start the trip off with a character meal but we can pass that up if needed since we are also doing Ohana breakfast that week.

We'll be there on Monday 2/25 if that makes a difference as far as likelihood of Jedi Academy getting filled up too fast.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DMLAINI

DMLAINI Mouseketeer

I was wondering about this too. We have an 8am ADR also and I was hoping to be able to beat the crowd to get to TSM

4. nefritz

nefritz Mouseketeer

Same boat here! Hopefully with experience can help :)

5. Peachkins

Peachkins DIS Veteran

My family and I did an 8 am ADR at H&V around this time last year. I think we ended up getting there about a half hour early. We waited at the gates to the park with some other families that also had reservations for a little bit, and then were let in to go to the restaurant.

We ended up finishing not long after the park opened to everyone else. My brother just ended up leaving a bit earlier than the rest of us, and took all of our room keys to go get Fast Passes for TSM. We met him outside of the ride. We actually ended up riding it right then- the wait said 45 minutes, but I don't think we waited even that long. It seemed most people were in line for Fast Passes at that point, and not the ride itself. Then we came back and rode it again at our Fast Pass time. Worked out really well.

6. SmileEar2Ear

SmileEar2Ear Mouseketeer

They won't let you in until almost 10 or 5 until 8:00. Unlike MK, there are very few people there for any pre-opening events so there really is no need for them to let you in sooner.

We ate and kept an eye on the street. We paid our bill right as we sat down and the kid were able to dance at least 3 rounds of songs, see each character 2 or 3 times, eat and were just finishing up bathroom breaks when the first few people came through the turnstile. I ran ahead and got FP and then we rode standby with a 5 min wait. Worked great!!