8A cabins on Dream or Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dogsambam, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Dogsambam

Dogsambam Mouseketeer

I know this question is like beating a dead horse, but..... We are booked on a Fantasy sailing. I have chance to move our 8c to an 8a for 60$ total. It is for a quad. Cabins available are 6016, 6510 or 5018. Do any of these have a bath tub. Would these be a good switch? Any new photos?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

AFAIK, except for HA rooms, all DCL rooms have a tub.

:cutie:

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Someone awhile back posted this guide to the 8A staterooms.

Of the three you were given to choose from, apparently only 6016 has a tub. 6012 is handicapped accessible and 5018 was designed to be, but was pulled from the accessible inventory for whatever reason, so it does not have a tub.

5. Dogsambam

Dogsambam Mouseketeer

Thank you. It seems like no thought for the larger cabin for 60.

6. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

On the classic ships the A, B, C, D difference is location. On the new ships, the "better"(A) classification differences can be room/verandah size or location.

:cutie:

8. lanejudy

Good to know, thank you! :thumbsup2

9. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

Another factor - I don't believe any of the 8a room have privacy curtains - though some have partial walls.

10. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

These dream class 8a's may be the same size as other cat 8 as the literature implies, but they definetly have a different layout. I'm confident they would feel like they had more space. It's like a sideways oceanview with two large portholes instead of one.

11. lanejudy

Oh, like on the front of the ship! I saw those, we were in a 9A on the side but right near the front. My husband really thought they looked neat, at least what he could see from the hallway while the door was open. Thanks!

12. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

13. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

14. lanejudy

Thanks! I'll tuck that info away for when I'm ready to do our next reservation.

15. jfahome

jfahome DIS Veteran

We are booked in 6012 & 6014 on the Fantasy in April. We're excited about the room size as we've heard they are a bit larger and more of a sideways room. We didn't care about no tub ourselves. I'll be sure to post a new room report when we get back for any future travelers.

16. reimero

reimero DIS Veteran

From what I've seen (and I've stayed in an 8A but not any other 8s) there are 2 key differences between an 8A and the other 8s beside the tub/bath.
    As mentioned before, the layout is different. Most of the 8s are long rectangles, the 8As are more square-shaped. Ours felt quite spacious. The other difference, which is related, is that 8A cabins have 2 portholes instead of 1.

17. Dogsambam

Dogsambam Mouseketeer

I love the pics of the ones with the wall in the middle, but they are not quads. Does anyone have any additional pics of 6016?