8A cabins on Dream or Fantasy

Dogsambam

Mouseketeer
I know this question is like beating a dead horse, but..... We are booked on a Fantasy sailing. I have chance to move our 8c to an 8a for 60$ total. It is for a quad. Cabins available are 6016, 6510 or 5018. Do any of these have a bath tub. Would these be a good switch? Any new photos?

I know this question is like beating a dead horse, but..... We are booked on a Fantasy sailing. I have chance to move our 8c to an 8a for 60$ total. It is for a quad. Cabins available are 6016, 6510 or 5018. Do any of these have a bath tub. Would these be a good switch? Any new photos?

AFAIK, except for HA rooms, all DCL rooms have a tub.

:cutie:

Someone awhile back posted this guide to the 8A staterooms.

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Of the three you were given to choose from, apparently only 6016 has a tub. 6012 is handicapped accessible and 5018 was designed to be, but was pulled from the accessible inventory for whatever reason, so it does not have a tub.

Thank you. It seems like no thought for the larger cabin for 60.

Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

On the classic ships the A, B, C, D difference is location. On the new ships, the "better"(A) classification differences can be room/verandah size or location.

:cutie:

Another factor - I don't believe any of the 8a room have privacy curtains - though some have partial walls.

These dream class 8a's may be the same size as other cat 8 as the literature implies, but they definetly have a different layout. I'm confident they would feel like they had more space. It's like a sideways oceanview with two large portholes instead of one.

These dream class 8a's may be the same size as other cat 8 as the literature implies, but they definetly have a different layout. I'm confident they would feel like they had more space. It's like a sideways oceanview with two large portholes instead of one.

Oh, like on the front of the ship! I saw those, we were in a 9A on the side but right near the front. My husband really thought they looked neat, at least what he could see from the hallway while the door was open. Thanks!

Thanks! I'll tuck that info away for when I'm ready to do our next reservation.

We are booked in 6012 & 6014 on the Fantasy in April. We're excited about the room size as we've heard they are a bit larger and more of a sideways room. We didn't care about no tub ourselves. I'll be sure to post a new room report when we get back for any future travelers.

From what I've seen (and I've stayed in an 8A but not any other 8s) there are 2 key differences between an 8A and the other 8s beside the tub/bath.
As mentioned before, the layout is different. Most of the 8s are long rectangles, the 8As are more square-shaped. Ours felt quite spacious. The other difference, which is related, is that 8A cabins have 2 portholes instead of 1.

I love the pics of the ones with the wall in the middle, but they are not quads. Does anyone have any additional pics of 6016?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter