Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mjtatman, Jun 2, 2013.

1. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

We have Family Suite Verandah 8598 on the Disney Magic....in the reviews of the family suites, it says we will have either 2 twin beds or a double bed, how do I know which we will have? And is there only one television in the room? It's such a small room, I can't imagine there being two, I'm just wondering about bedtime...will the boys (sleeping in all of the convertible beds) be able to view the television from where they sleep?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

When are you cruising? If it's before the Magic dry dock, the twin beds are pushed together to make a queen bed. If after the dry dock, the queen bed does not separate into twins. The other beds are the sofa (the back fold over like a Pullman train bed), the pull down bunk (above the sofa bed) and a murphy bed.

4. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

AFTER dry dock! Where can I go to find out about all of the updates? I know about the Avengers & Aqua Dunk, but what else exciting will we find?????

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

New configuration of Topsiders (Cabanas), and Parrot Cay will be Cariocas.

They're taking out one of the sets of stairs in the atrium (as well as the Chihuly chandelier) and moving the Steamboat Mickey statue off to the side.

And there are some changes in the kids clubs, but, sorry, I didn't pay attention to those (no kids).

The adult lounges are being redesigned, new d├ęcor and names.

Here's a link to a thread with a lot more info:
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3102180&highlight=magic+changes

6. ranidayz

ranidayz DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

I'm hoping to get some info about this room as well. Does it have an extended veranda due to the stair case? I have not been able to find a picture of it from the outside for sure, but it looks like it has a roof over the top from
    Topsiders - will it interfere with the view?

Thanks!

7. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

Hopefully your comment might bump the thread :-)
    We are traveling in a couple weeks and I can report! I picked this room because I heard we are close to a stairwell and soda station (or so I've read?!?!) I can update you once we get back!

8. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

9. ranidayz

ranidayz DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

you and I are in the 'same boat!' Can't wait to get your report.

10. mjtatman

mjtatman Mouseketeer

just posted my review on the reports site...
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=8598

i really liked it! the location was great for our family! my only complaint was the solid white wall, i think i may have liked to have a clear wall better, so if i were to go again, i think i'd ask to be in the same location, but a few rooms down as to get the clear wall & railing! but perfect in every other way...SO MUCH storage! awesome!