8 Days of Gluttony...Part 1

ObieTrice

Earning My Ears
Yes, this is the first part of my DDP review!

First night, we walked from Congress Park to Wolfgang Puck Express.
I had the WP Chinois Salad, which was very tasty. DH had the Rosemary Rotisserie Chicken and garlic mashed potatoes, which he loved. Creme Brulee in a mini aluminum pie pan for dessert...it was okay. Two Soft drinks included, and 2 CS meals off of our account.

The next day we had lunch at the Coral Reef. A beautiful booth right in front of the aquarium. I started with the shrimp cocktail because I had heard so many glowing reports about it on this board. I must have come on an off day, because my shrimp was over-cooked and rubbery, and the cocktail sauce watery. DH had the Lobster Bisque, and pronounced it very rich with lovely flavor. We both had the Blackened Catfish on Cheese Grits with smoked tomato compote and balsamic glaze for our entrees, and this dish was one of the best that we had all week. Great flavors, beautiful presentation, good portion size. For dessert DH had Butterscotch Creme Brulee (he is now suffering creme brulee withdrawal at home) and said that it was okay. I had the famous chocolate wave and was underwhelmed. The plates were beautiful, though. Our server (and I will name names if you want me to) was totally disengaged and aloof. That was disappointing, I really love to feel well taken care of in a nice restaurant. 2 TS.

Dinner-Puck's again. (We were tired and it was convenient) We each had Margherita Pasta, Dh's as good, my pasta was improperly drained and the sauce was like tomato juice. (Are you noticing a pattern?) Got some extra sauce and it was much better. We took home white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies for dessert...they were excellent. 2 CS.

Day Two

Lunch at Le Cellier. Great service from Brad, who was charming.
DH had Cheddar soup to start, as usual. I tried the shrimp cocktail, and it was outstanding. Really clever presentation, nice combination of flavors, and perfectly cooked shrimp. We both had the filet for our entree, and it was presented at a perfect medium rare, with cream cheese mashed potaotes and demiglace that was savory and rich without being too much. For dessert we had the sampler, and again, a beautiful plate. Chocolate Whiskey Cake was DH's favorite, I really liked the sorbet and of course, the best creme brulee anywhere. Overall, it was the best dining experience that we had on the plan. 2 TS.

Dinner...two margaritas and two laps around the World Showcase, and split a Fish and Chips, Walker's shortbread, and a water. 1 CS.

Lots more to tell...the rest of the gluttony series to follow.

Jackie :wave2:

I'm so glad to hear about Wolfgang Puck's. Another thread was talking about being VERY limited to what was available on the plan. Something like just pizza.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews.

Sorry to hear about Coral Reef, we're going to try it during our Thanksgiving trip. Hopefully I'm not making a mistake with that one.

got2travel said:
I'm so glad to hear about Wolfgang Puck's. Another thread was talking about being VERY limited to what was available on the plan. Something like just pizza.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews.
The only things that they wouldn't allow us to have at Puck's was the meatloaf and the four cheese ravioli. They did not include an appetizer, which i did not expect with a CS meal. And only the DD Westside location was participating.
Jackie

Good reviews!

I'm happy you mentioned the good service at Le Cellier as I think their servers as well as the Canadian CM's in general are probably the nicest group at Epcot.

(BTW, my brother lives in Charlevoix).
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter