8 am CP breakfast on first day?

Knoxsanne

Earning My Ears
This will be my six and nine year old's first time at WDW. I've booked an 8 am breakfast at Crystal Palace for our first day. We are arriving late the night before; flight gets in at 8:30 pm and we are staying at POFQ. I don't imagine we'll be getting to bed before 10:30.

I'm wondering if the prepark opening breakfast is a good idea for our scenario. Would it give us a real advantage in terms of getting on rides with minimal wait (specifically 7DMT, for which I was unable to get a FP+ that day)? Or should I let the kiddos sleep in a bit so they're more rested?

I also have a CP lunch reservation later in the trip so either way we'd get there.

Any input appreciated - thanks!

We always do an 8am ADR at Crystal Palace. We love the fact that we can get a good breakfast and get ahead of everyone at 9am. Last June, we were able to eat, ride Peter Pan at RD and proceed thru Fantasyland without any long waits. That being said, those 8am mornings can be brutal. If you are planning to stay the whole day, I would let the kids sleep in but if you are planning an afternoon rest you may be ok.

I am planning a resort/pool rest for several hours after lunch, so I think we'll go for the breakfast. Thank you for chiming in!

I think the excitment of being there will help get the kids up and moving - and if you are planning for a break later that day I think you will be fine!

Enjoy!!

Well I know if that was my kids they wouldn't want to get up, lol...I have dined at an 8AM CP ADR many many many times and we LOVE it...we love the benefit of walking down main street with minimal people and we love taking our pics in front of the castle without hordes of people behind it. Last time we ate there for an 8AM ADR we were done by 8:45 and that was eating breakfast and we got to see almost all the characters twice, lol...when we were done they were just letting the RD crowd in and we headed for Merida's line bc we wanted to be first in line to see her. After we saw Merida we headed to 7DMT and that was around 9:30 or so and the wait time for it was only about 20-30 minutes for Standby, so thats really not a terrible line plus 7DMT has 1 of those interactive queues that you can play around in while you wait so the time passes pretty fast I would imagine. I guess it really depends on what you value most sleeping in or not too long of a wait. You could always go back to the resort after lunch to relax or maybe a nap

If you don't get a FP+ for 7DMT, then an early breakfast is your best bet. The CP breakfast is a great time. Lots of interaction with the characters. And as someone else mentioned, the kids might be up way before the adults are ready to be. :D

Also, the advantage of getting in early means the rest of your day should go a little smoother. Hitting 7DMT and Peter Pan off the bat knocks out two of the longest waits in the park. Then you can go through and hit the other rides while everyone else is in line for those ones.

I can say that my 9 year old is already balking at the prospect of getting up so early, but I think she'll be consoled by the prospect of getting on the 7DMT first thing.

This will be my six and nine year old's first time at WDW. I've booked an 8 am breakfast at Crystal Palace for our first day. We are arriving late the night before; flight gets in at 8:30 pm and we are staying at POFQ. I don't imagine we'll be getting to bed before 10:30.

I'm wondering if the prepark opening breakfast is a good idea for our scenario. Would it give us a real advantage in terms of getting on rides with minimal wait (specifically 7DMT, for which I was unable to get a FP+ that day)? Or should I let the kiddos sleep in a bit so they're more rested?

I also have a CP lunch reservation later in the trip so either way we'd get there.

Any input appreciated - thanks!
what happens if your flight is delayed? also are you planning on picking up checked bags yourselves or letting Disney? if Disney if you want to go to bed remember to let bell services know so you are not woken up around midnight. your checked bags do not arrive with you on DME if you tag them to be picked up by Disney. I think bed by 1030 2ill be pushing it

We're going to get our bags ourselves because of the late hour. We will have carryons with our overnight essentials in any case.

If the flight is delayed, it's delayed, I guess...

We're going to get our bags ourselves because of the late hour. We will have carryons with our overnight essentials in any case.

If the flight is delayed, it's delayed, I guess...

Unfortunately I think you will be lucky to be in bed by 10:30. It will probably be more like 11:00, 11:30.

I wouldn't do an early ADR the first day. You will have to be out at your resort's bus stop by 6:30 am, if you follow Disney's recommendation of allowing 90 minutes to make your ADR. And there is getting thru bag check and maybe the additional screening.

Unfortunately I think you will be lucky to be in bed by 10:30. It will probably be more like 11:00, 11:30.

I wouldn't do an early ADR the first day. You will have to be out at your resort's bus stop by 6:30 am, if you follow Disney's recommendation of allowing 90 minutes to make your ADR. And there is getting thru bag check and maybe the additional screening.
I agree. You won't be getting much sleep which will set you up for lower energy all day. I wouldn't want that for a Disney park day.

I think if your kids are excited about getting to MK for the first time, it will help override the sleep issue. It is our fave brft., and you could grab some photos on Main St. on your way there, and ask if you can sit near a window where you can see the castle. Then you can head to SDMT with a short wait, which is well worth it, and then moving on to other rides/meets before lines get long. Then you can take your break, and come back refreshed for nighttime - make sure to get a spot with a front view of the castle to check out the projection show on the castle before Wishes - really cool!

Update: I cancelled the reservation and I'm so glad I did! We didn't get to bed until closer to 11 - the kids were a total mess by the time we got to our room - and now the alarm is set to go off in 1 minute.

I did snag a PPO Breakfast at BOG for our 2nd day at MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter