• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/18 Wonder Cruise-FABULOUS!!!

lzj21428

DIS Veteran
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :teeth:

We just returned from our 7 Day Land/Sea Disney vacation. The best part of the trip was the 4 days on the Disney Wonder. It was so fabulous, beyond words. The ship was beautiful, the service outstanding. Getting onboard/offboard was a breeze. We were off the ship and at our Limo ride back to the airport in no less than 10 mins, although I wanted to turn around and get right back on the ship and sail again!!!

We were a party of 5, me, DH, 14 yo DD, 9 yo DS, and 6 yo DD. We had to connecting staterooms because we enjoy the space it gives us all. The kids all signed up for the various clubs and after dinner we didn't see them again until it was time to pick them up.
They loved all the characters available to them and we have so many photos I will need a separate album to put them in. The restaurants were all great, Tritons, & Animators being the best of the 3. Our servers, Ferhat and Sylvie (?) were wonderful and fun and great with the kids. We had the late dinner seating and never hit the late night buffets because we were always still to full from dinner.

Nassau was ok, we weren't terribly immpressed. We did the glassbottom boat excursion. The kids enjoyed it, dh and I were not thrilled with it. Shopping was no bargain and we couldn't manage to haggle with any shop keepers. We bought the standard t-shirts and straw hats. We did enjoy walking around and seeing what was around.

The stop at Castaway Cay was too short. We were having so much fun there we didn't want that part of the trip to end. The sun didn't really begin to shine until it was time to get back on the ship. That was ok with me because it made for a comfortable day and no one suffered with sunburn.

The day at sea was really nice and relaxing. The kids enjoyed their clubs and a little dance party with characters at the goofy pool. We ran into some heavy rain and the captain tried his best to find us some sunshine. We went in the afternoon to see the Disney Dreams show and it was really great, we all enjoyed it very much.

We cannot wait to do this cruise again. My DH and I are even talking about doing a 3 day wonder cruise, just the two of us.

I would tell anyone to Cruise the Disney Wonder!!!

Nina

sounds great! can I ask a couple of questions?
what time was your dinner seating?
did you go to Palos?
if you were to go again, would you do something different at Nassau, or would you stay on the ship?
did your kids dress up for dinner?
thanks! we're planning to do the 4 day land, 3 day Wonder in April!

skippync, our dinner seating was at 7:45, which at 1st I thought would be too late, but I think it worked out better for us than the earlier dinner seating at 5:30. My DH and I never made it to Palos, although next trip we will try to go. The kids always dressed for dinner, the 2 girls in casual dresses and my son in nice slacks and polo shirt. As for Nassau, I might try a different shore excursion, possibly the trip over to the Atlantis. I wouldn't do any shopping there.

Enjoy your trip, you will have a wonderful time.

Nina

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Atlantis is a nice excursion and also a carriage ride tour for your next trip. Also, a dolpin swim. Just love to plan.

Tina :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter