8:10 Tusker House Reservation ?

sproutmd

Earning My Ears
If we have an ADR at 8:10, will we have to wait with the Rope Drop crowd? It was originally a PPO ADR, but now the opening time changed to 8am. Should I just cancel this altogether? I'm already worried about my boys not enjoying it because it's our first day so they will be focused on rides (ages 3 & 7). A TS lunch isn't really in the cards because we have an ADR at 7:10 at Narcoossee's. Thanks!

You will likely wait with the RD crowd, yes, now that it is an 8AM open. In general, if an ADR is after open, you aren't let in before.

Thanks! Would you recommend me keeping this ADR or dropping it?

I could fall on either side. Because it's an early open, you're wasting some good, lower volume touring time. On the other hand, with a 3 and a 7, kicking off the trip with Donald Duck in Safari Gear might be a lot of fun. Is this a first-time visit to WDW, or a repeat? If it's a repeat, I'd cancel. If it's a first-time... depends on what you think the boys would think of being greeted on day one by Donald.

If we have an ADR at 8:10, will we have to wait with the Rope Drop crowd?

Yes.
. . . If the park opens at 8:00am, not EMH, but a "general public" opening, the gate opens about 7:45am-7:50am for everyone.
. . . If it is EMH, you can still get in at 7:45am while the "general public" waits until 9:00am

I could fall on either side. Because it's an early open, you're wasting some good, lower volume touring time. On the other hand, with a 3 and a 7, kicking off the trip with Donald Duck in Safari Gear might be a lot of fun. Is this a first-time visit to WDW, or a repeat? If it's a repeat, I'd cancel. If it's a first-time... depends on what you think the boys would think of being greeted on day one by Donald.
Repeat for my 7 year old (but it's been a while) and new for 3 year old. I'll keep it since we plan to be there all day, and we do have fast passes for Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur! Thanks, again!

I think there's value in the big kickoff with characters, as the parent of a 7 and a 5 myself. It's showy in a way that the rope drop crowd isn't, when you're short.

They might change the opening time like they did for our trip we just took. We had made an 8:10 am ADR and closer to the trip the opening changed to 7:00 am. If not I would keep it anyway.

I'd suggest changing it to a later ADR. Get into the park, satisfy the kiddos with some rides, then head to Tusker for a 1030 or 1045 reservation and enjoy the best character meals on property.

I'd suggest changing it to a later ADR. Get into the park, satisfy the kiddos with some rides, then head to Tusker for a 1030 or 1045 reservation and enjoy the best character meals on property.

I agree.

But we aren't big eaters right when we wake up. Especially while at wdw. I always wake up still full from the night before.

Tucker house is the best character breakfast on property.

I would keep it. One of the main things to a successful Disney vacation for my family is keeping eating patterns as close to home as possible, so having breakfast first thing is important. Plus, starting the trip with a character meal is a pretty awesome way to kick things off.

On the flip side, you are sacrificing low lines in the first hour of park opening, but that is probably less of an issue at AK than any of the other parks since you'll be able to FP the headliner attractions anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter