8 1/2 x 11 scrapping

lrmillen

Mouseketeer
i prefer to scrap with 12x12, but i finally decided to use the DCL SB for our cruise. unfortunately it is 8 1/2x11. Does anyone have any tips on creating one of these? I'm afraid that i'll have too much jammed on a page or have to print my pics really small. Maybe my SB will just have twice as many pages in it? I just want an idea of the differences i should expect before starting. thanks. :)

I started with that size and it is easy to over load a page!
I think I would do a very simple lay outs. Not a lot of extra stuff on each page. Let the pictures speak and of course journal!
Good luck!

I do my scrapping on 8 1/2 x 11 and wish I did bigger. I do find that my pages end up with to much stuff. I would put less on the pages and just end up with a bigger scrapbook page wise.

I'm using an 8½x11 for my Disney vacation ... I tend to scrap simply anyway, but for this album I am using CM "shortcuts" and putting 2-4 photos per page, plus my journalling.

I started with 8.5 x 11. So far, I've only done my 2000 WDW trip in that size...then changed over to 12x12 for other scrapping.

If you follow the link in my siggy, you will find the album (still a work in progress). I have been complimented by some on how much I get on a page without it looking yucky. But there are also pages without much. This album has evolved over 2 yrs, so my style has changed throughout. BUT, it will give you an idea BEFORE you start yours what you think is "too much" on a page.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

I have seen albums done on the long side (11 x 8.5). You can place more photos side by side and still have it look uncluttered. Check out the two peas in a bucket website in their gallery. Use the search and enter 11 x 8.5. I normally use 8.5 x 11 and may do my next trip album this way. I also use the "storybook" sheet protectors which enable me to make continous layouts on a topic up to 8 pages. I have done this for Chef Mickey's, Sea World and parades. I like making the a title page that spans the first two sheets then when it's opened up inside will be a continous 4 page spread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter