7556 on the Fantasy

If we can narrow down any errors in these photos, and present a logical correction, the Mods could insert it, early in said thread.

If we can narrow down any errors in these photos, and present a logical correction, the Mods could insert it, early in said thread.

The Dream photo is correct for the Starboard staterooms. It's just that the corresponding port side staterooms are Starboard Cabin Number minus 498 to determine the port side cabin number. OMG, it's like doing algebra to locate a slightly obstructed port side verandah! :lmao:

The Dream photo is correct for the Starboard staterooms.

"Someone recently posted they booked according to these photos around 7650/7648 (where the skin is shown) to avoid the skin, only to find they had the skin. Meaning the skin is wrong here too. Maybe the whole deck 7 is off one one two cabins?"

Above is quoted from my post # 7 in this thread. I have read of two instances of the Dream Labeled Photos being wrong on deck seven somewhat midship. Not sure if it ship specfic? I thought you realized this, and between us we could figure out the error? If not my bad. :goodvibes

Is it really algebra? I normally bring up a deck plan and look at the other side, which cabin is across the hall. Am I missing something?:)

"Someone recently posted they booked according to these photos around 7650/7648 (where the skin is shown) to avoid the skin, only to find they had the skin. Meaning the skin is wrong here too. Maybe the whole deck 7 is off one one two cabins?"

Above is quoted from my post # 7 in this thread. I have read of two instances of the Dream Labeled Photos being wrong on deck seven somewhat midship. Not sure if it ship specfic? I thought you realized this, and between us we could figure out the error? If not my bad. :goodvibes

Is it really algebra? I normally bring up a deck plan and look at the other side, which cabin is across the hall. Am I missing something?:)

I think it is because some posts say to +/- 500 to get the opposite side cabin number and for Deck 7 (+/- 498) applies. Maybe the sectional pictures of the Starboard side of the Dream don't mesh: if there were one complete picture with numbers then it would be easier to find where the error occurs. But, we do know the Aft section of Deck 7 is correct.
I hadn't read the posts of midship Deck 7 being off -only saw your reference. I thought maybe it was just the -498 problem for portside. Maybe if people would post their Stateroom Reports but then again, they may not think the metal skin is an obstruction.

Anyone know about 7566?

Well according to the photo here you have skin forward. I hope it's accurate. I feel now I must preface this with -- Call DCL to confirm.-- Please follow up and let us know about skinnage in your area.:)
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/414aa1a2-1.jpg

Finally a room with skin with the couch opposite. So if you are sitting on the couch the skin is behind you basically, not blocking your view. First one I've written about. I knew logically they must exist but ...
By the way did you know you are sailing backwards? :) It's OK, I hope, because we are too.

HTH

ETA; Actually 7566 has the skinnage on, as seen in the photo, forward of this cabin , unlike most of the others fwiw.

Well according to the photo here you have skin forward. I hope it's accurate. I feel now I must preface this with -- Call DCL to confirm.-- Please follow up and let us know about skinnage in your area.:)
HTH

"Skinnage!" Love it!;)
Our couch was forward as well as the skin for 7164, so, when seated on the couch we didn't even notice the skin. And, no, I didn't realize we were sailing backwards! :)

"Skinnage!" Love it!;)
Our couch was forward as well as the skin for 7164, so, when seated on the couch we didn't even notice the skin. And, no, I didn't realize we were sailing backwards! :)

When I was looking to book DCL I was clueless about sailing Forward or not.
It amaxing what you learn here, or staring at deck plans for two years.:rotfl2:

I was disappointed in myself for not catching this point prior to booking, however, I wanted a specific cabin which obviously is fixed in it's sleeping direction. I'm not sure had I known ahead of time whether I would have chosen a different cabin.:confused3 I'm totally satisfied with my Fantasy cabin fwiw. Someone mentioned, which I thought made total sense, "he said sailing backwards was not noticed till seated at couch, in somewhat rough seas, watching TV , and seeing the seas move away from you." This I thought was a great observation. Solution, close the drapes. Just an fyi. I know the same thing could occur moving forward, but .... sharing.

I actually kept reading trip reports hoping to hear info specifically related to sleeping forwards or backwards. Never read one in two years , so I guess it is no biggie.:thumbsup2 I'll be going backwards. They saw that's safer in a forward crash.:rotfl:

Hahaha never really thought of that - but its ok - just happy to have a balcony for the first time and not an inside room!

You guys are awesome! Such a wealth of info here! We are in 9126/9128-- does anyone know how we will be facing and if there is an obstruction in this verandah? We sail in less an 3 weeks so doubt there will be n
Any changes to our room!

Alohakoa said:
You guys are awesome! Such a wealth of info here! We are in 9126/9128-- does anyone know how we will be facing and if there is an obstruction in this verandah? We sail in less an 3 weeks so doubt there will be n
Any changes to our room!

You will be portside and 9126 will have the metal siding/obstruction on the forward end, when the verandah partition is open, you'll have a great open verandah with the exception of the metal siding on the forward/right side. Have a great cruise!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Should I see if there are any other staterooms available? Is this metal divider really bad (enough to change rooms?) The only other option were 10th deck but I believe the rooms were under the pools...

Is the Dream photo accurate for the Fantasy ship. Trying to figure out if 7550/43 and 6536/34 on the Fantasy have skinnage?

Photo applies to both ships. :thumbsup2

I think you meant 7548, so it will connect inside and out with 7550.

Only skin is on aft side of balcony 6536. Good location as no lifeboats below with either pair.

Only a few skin pieces are installed in those photos, so you have to use your imagination.;)

HTH

Thank you, Bear! I have quickly learned from other posts you are an expert and I'm so happy to hear back from you!

I did mean 7548 - it was super late my time, sorry!

Any other advice you can give me on these locations? I'd love to choose between the two today.

Some questions I have are:

1. Are the oversized verandahs below 6536/34 noisy? Is it better to be up one more deck on Deck 7?

2. Will there be more motion in 7548/50 than 6536/34 due to being up a deck. Both pairs are near the forward elevators starboard. Deck 6 pair is slightly forward and the Deck 7 pair is slightly mid from the elevators. My 11 is sensitive to motion but nothing else is available in these categories more midship.

3. Will there be more noise in 7548/50 being that they are on the midship side of the forward elevators or is it splitting hairs?

4. Are these rooms too close to the elevators. Will it be noisy in either location from the elevators?

5. Anything in the gray area across the hall from 6536/34?

6. Which location would you pick? My kids are 8,11,13. The Deck 7 pair is only $112 more for the week.

I am enjoying these forums. You seem to have great experience and I need someone to clear my head!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

3. Will there be more noise in 7548/50 being that they are on the midship side of the forward elevators or is it splitting hairs?

4. Are these rooms too close to the elevators. Will it be noisy in either location from the elevators?

My party stayed in 7552/7554 on a recent Western itinerary. Nobody heard elevator lobby noise there; I think 7548/7550 would be fine.

7552/7554 share a white divider on the verandah, so 7548/7550 will not have a white divider.

The noise we heard was kids running down the hall. Probably can't avoid that!

My party stayed in 7552/7554 on a recent Western itinerary. Nobody heard elevator lobby noise there; I think 7548/7550 would be fine.

7552/7554 share a white divider on the verandah, so 7548/7550 will not have a white divider.

The noise we heard was kids running down the hall. Probably can't avoid that!

We also stayed in 7552 and had no elevator noise, loved the room so much we already booked it for Nov 2014!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Never learned the grayed out areas on deck plans.

I would pick deck 7 just to keep further from the 4e extended below.
Also it's a few more cabins toward midship.

Locating 25 feet one way or the other I doubt would be noticeable regarding the motion.

As stated no worries about elevator noise.

Deck 7 pair are just around the corner aft from the forward elevators. Deck 6 pair are also just around the elevators, but forward.

Have you seen the deck plans?
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/dream-fantasy-deck-plan.htm

Our course by now you hopefully have one pair booked.
Let us know what you decided.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter