7 Nights at CSR or 6 Nights at WL???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Maukey, Jan 15, 2008.

?

7 Nights at CSR or 6 Nights at WL?

1. 7 Nights at Coronado Springs Resort

2. 6 Nights at Wilderness Lodge

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Maukey

Maukey Mouseketeer

My family and I had WL booked for Jan. 26 - Feb 2. Everything was looking great for our trip, that is until my wife found out that she couldn't miss her classes. We were forced to have to move our trip to Mar. 1 - Mar. 8 :headache: .

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, we found out that one of her scholarships got canceled and had to fork over some of our Disney money for her books. I guess school's more important than Disney :confused3 ?

So now we're left with a tough decision.

1) Keep our reservations at WL, but deduct one day from the trip. Or maybe stay offsite for the first day to atleast keep our 7 nights in FL.

or

2) Downgrade to CSR and keep our 8 Day, 7 Night Disney Package instead of having to drop down to 7 Days, 6 Nights.

This is a tough decision for my family and I seeing as though we really had our hearts set on WL. My wife is ok with downgrading, it's just my 14 yr old DS and 9 yr old DD who are struggling with the downgrade option.

Need advice everyone. What should I do? How does CSR compare to WL?

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Easy choice IMO, WL! 6 nights is still a really long stay. CSR is a great resort, but if your heart is set on WL, I would definitely stick with the Lodge...

Or if 7 nights is really that important, how about a value the first night? Or there are some really nice offsite hotels that you can snag for around $59 a night!

4. JoanneNC

JoanneNC DIS Veteran

For starters - see ya in MK..lol those are our exact dates as well..lol

Do both
    Split stay - 3-4 nights in CRS and the remaining 3-4 nights in WL
    Seems like a win/win compromise

5. Maukey

Maukey Mouseketeer

Cool. Just look for the family where the adults are acting wilder than the kids.

Unfortunately, a split stay is out of the question. The wife is really big on making yourself at home when you're on vacation. The idea of having to pack up and move mid trip makes her sick. She's ok with getting there a day early and staying somewhere for one night, but not moving mid trip.

Thanks for the advice though :thumbsup2

6. flowergirl

flowergirl Earning My Ears

I agree with a PP I suggest spending your first night at a Value and then spend your following 6 nights at WL. We have moved after one night and it really isn't bad at all. Good Luck!

7. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

Visit my CSR website for pics and info. An extra day is always better at WDW! :cool1:

8. ashef

ashef Mouseketeer

My family, especially DS13 & DD11, absolutely love CSR. It is a very beautiful resort and has a wonderful pool and big water slide, a hot tub, a spa and gym. And the serenity of the resort will do wonders for your DW's frazzled nerves. I promise it will not be a hardship for your kids to spend seven nights there. :goodvibes I agree with your wife about not changing rooms, by the way. I'd definitely stay at CSR instead of WL if it meant I could stay at the World an extra day.

9. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

I'd opt for CSR. Most peoples biggest complaint is not enough days and if you travel for 2 of your days, that leaves 5 full days. At least 1 of the parks you'll need 2 days.
    Look at Buzz's site. It's fabulous and full of information. CSR is a really beautiful resort. You won't regret it and your kids will flip for the Dig Site pool.

10. Lilolvr

Lilolvr DIS Veteran

I agree. More days is always better!!

11. solfan68

solfan68 DIS Veteran

I've always thought it might be fun to stay at WL... But if it meant an entire extra day at WDW, I'd have to go with CSR. We stayed this past summer and the resort is beautiful. The pool is simply amazing as well, if your family enjoys that sort of thing.

12. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

Never stayed at CSR, but I see this as a clear-cut decision.....WL all the way!!!!!!!!