7 for 5? But staying for 10 nights

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pigby, Apr 18, 2004.

1. pigby

pigby <font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more

Booked a split stay - staying for 10 nights in WDW. There have been rumors that there is a 7 nights for 5 offer coming out - presumably similar to Fairytale package last year and maybe with 7 for 5 on UMP also.

I booked with the intention of buying AP's and then applying codes later on. If this new package is for my dates - how would it work for the park passes? I would think that I would have to buy either a 3 night package or a 3 night room only and buy tickets on the night, or a 'hopper' to use next year, which doesn't seem to be cost effective.

Probably best to stick with what I have got already - staying in a WDW with no passes for 3 days is not an option.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Chadsgirl44

Chadsgirl44 Mouseketeer

If I remember correctly, last year the FTP also extended out - meaning that if you stayed for more than 7 nights they also had a plan. Maybe someone can help me remember? We stayed for 9 nights and paid for 5 or 6 on the FTP plan at the CBR last year. So if this is offered this summer I would bet that they would have a plan - I hope so because we are also staying 10 nights. I'm hoping for at least a stay 10 nights and pay for 6 (7 nights would still save a chunk of money too!)

4. renniks

renniks Mouseketeer

We are staying 10 nights in Oct. The first 3 are a room only and then remaining seven are booked at the DV 7/4 special. I didn't want to extend a package through the entire trip since we will be doing Universal a few days and maybe just having a resort day, I didn't need the UPH for the entire length of our stay. I guess it depends if you will be doing just WDW parks during you stay. If not, it will be cheaper to do a room only for the other days.

5. hulabird

hulabird DIS Veteran & Planaholic!

We are staying 10 nights as well, and hoping for a decent package or room only/AP codes. I do have an AP, but if a decent package came out I would go for that since I am the only member of my party with an AP. You have to really price out the 7/5 special, if UPH's were included it may be a decent deal, and if I could book a few AP nights for the days not included it may be ok...much better than having to pay the BWI rack rates the whole stay.

6. whjoyjr

whjoyjr Mouseketeer

I too planned for 10 nights. When I booked my "7 for 4 Deal" for July, I was prepared to pay Rack Rates for my additional 3 nights. Well surprises of surprises, the quote came back about $500 lower than I expected. She said that she could get us "discounted" rooms, but there was a limit of 3 "free" nights during any stay.

7. hulabird

hulabird DIS Veteran & Planaholic!

That is good to keep in mind, I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the days at a discount.