7 Days of food, fun and new experiences....Pre Trip Report!!!

Oh signing on!

If you're still looking for a restaurant around Epcot, maybe an early dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, so you're back in Epcot in time for Illuminations, if your BF really wants a steakhouse, and can't get Le Cellier? It gets really good reviews - we're trying it this year!

Another option is Nine Dragons - we had an excellent meal there last year - excellent food and really good service. :goodvibes

Hello Hello!

Just finished reading your Gluttony thread yesterday! Now I'm on to the next one.

Thanks for stopping by!

As you can see from the post below yours, DBF would like that. We do have Yachtman's booked for Tuesday so far, but might be changing it around, but we will definitely be keeping it. But pretty much every day, possibly twice a day DBF will be have some form of beef, so not going to Le Cellier will not kill him. lol.

I will check out Nine Dragons again, I can't remember what the menu looks like. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers!

Signing on, your trip sounds like it's going to be an incredible time with some amazing dinners.

I think you guys should make some changes to your ADR's though. I would suggest something like this

Sunday - Keep the Same 3 credits

Monday - Boma (breakfast
- Flame Tree BBQ (lunch, pay out of pocket)
- Jiko (Dinner) Total 3 credits

Tuesday - Teppan Edo (Lunch)
- Yachtman Steakhouse (dinner) Total 3 credits

Wednesday - Kona Cafe (Breakfast, Pay out of pocket)
- Flying Fish (Dinner) Total 2 credits

Thursday - SciFi (lunch)
- Citrosis - total 3 Credits

Friday - Ohana (Breakfast)
- Narcoossees (Dinner) total 3 credits

I believe that comes out to 17 credits which would leave you 1 extra for lunch on your last day at Wolfgang Pucks. I know that's alot of changes but I have the feeling that Jiko and Flying Fish would be better than the Aloha show and your DBF would be fine with giving up Tuttu Italia if he's getting to go to the Steakhouse that night, which should only be a short walk from Epcot. This also sets you up to go hang out at the Boardwalk on Wednesday night since that seems to be the only night that you aren't staying late at one of the parks.

Hope i could help :)

Ya if her dbf is anything like me which I have a feeling he is I'm positive he'd be happy doing an early dinner at yachtmans.
Check my recommendations. I think your dbf would be happy doing the changes I've recommended.

Ps- I am her dbf lol

So I see everyone has now met DBF. We were talking last night and I asked him if we was going to make a guest appearance on the thread. His first post was not what I expected, and told him so today. But he beat me to saying who he really is. Anyways, I am happy he has finally revealed his identity! lol

Ok sorry it’s taken a while to write the update about how the trip almost went up in smoke.

Ok so we booked our flight early March as they has some pretty good deals on. First I have to say that flying out of the States is sooooo much better than flying out of the Toronto, ON Airport. Basically we got both of our flights for around the cost of one person flying out of Toronto. Darn taxes! So at this point we hadn’t actually booked the trip yet as we STILL hadn’t decided what resort to stay at………..phew!!!! That actually ended up working in our favour.

So a day or two after we booked the flights, it occurs to me that we have two weddings to attend this summer. I know when one is and its later in August so I’m not concerned at the moment, the one I am concerned about is for DBF’s friends (ok yes they are now my friends too but it’s just easier to describe it this way). So I call him and ask if he knows when it is. He doesn’t. So I ask him to call and ask. Queue foreboding music now………….:charac2:

DBF calls me back and the news is not good! He talked to the groom and the wedding is August 1st. :eek::scared1: The groom claims he informed us of the date at DBF’s Halloween party…neither of us remember that (not going to lie, there was alcohol involved, not too much for me, but I probably wasn’t paying attention). We originally booked the trip to fly out on July 26th and return on August 1st. (side note - I should mention right now that I am a planner once I get into something, I really don’t like when things sneak up on me and mess things up. I tend to freak out .:furious:) So keep in mind I am at work while DFB tells me the bad news. DBF and I are like oh no what do we do. Can we even change the flight as we purchased the lowest airfare? Do we forgo the trip and just lose the money on the flight? Do we try to beg the airline to change the flight?? We just don’t know. :confused3

So what do I do?…. I ask the ladies I work with :grouphug:. One says play dumb and say you made a mistake on the date, another says tell them the truth and they may be sympathetic and let you do the change and the last one says beg like you have never begged before. Then my boss tells me to go into one of our meeting rooms and make the call so I can have some privacy as I sit in the first cubical you see when you walk into our department. They were so understanding!

So DBF calls me back and I update him with the advice we have received. He says call the airline, tell the truth and find out what we need to do to make the change and if there is any kind of fees we need to pay to change the flight.

It’s now time to make the call, not going to lie I was a bit panicked :scared:, but decide to stay at my desk as the confirmation was in my inbox. I make the call and have my fingers and toes crossed. So I navigate the automated menu and get a human (btw Southwest has the funniest on hold messages, an employee was rapping about the airline so that made me laugh and lightened my mood). So I am talking with the customer service rep and I just explain the whole situation, and I’m pretty sure it was in one breath. The lady I’m talking about say, “Well that’s no problem, I can show you how to make the changes right now and all you have to pay is the difference in fare if any” all in a Southern accent. I :love: Southern accents, they are the best! At this point I’m almost in tears as I am so shocked at how easy this was and how accommodating the airline is. I have to say, I know if we were flying Air Canada we would be paying an additional fee for changing the flights. So the very kind lady tells me how to make the changes and I tell her I love her :worship:. She thought I was funny… and probably a little bit new for not knowing this :rolleyes1.

So I call DBF and we changed the dates to one day earlier and picked are new flights. Crisis adverted. :yay:

Lesson learnt – a) do not let people tell you when their wedding is while you are having a party/drinking, it is just not good at all, and b) Southwest Air rocks!!!! First they give you 2 bags free per person and then if you need to make any changes you can! And there are no fees for changes!!! People were surprised by this.

That’s all for this addition. I will be doing an update as soon as DBF and I decide on the ADR’s to change.

Here is the new lineup of ADR's. I very much doubt that it will change again, but you never know!

Also updated in the first post.

July 25th
B – Combination of continental breakfast from the hotel we will be staying at/what’s served on the flight
L – Crystal Palace - No ADR, fingers crossed we get in!
D – California Grill

July 26th
B – Boma
L – Yak & Yeti
D – Jiko

July 27th
B – x
L – Teppan Edo
D – Tutto Italia

July 28th
B – Kona Café (Paying OOP)
L – Les Chefs de France
D – Narcoossee's

July 29th
B – x
L – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
D – Yachtsman Steakhouse

July 30th
B – Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch
L – x
D – Citrocis

July 31st
B – x
L – Pay OOP for Wolfgangs or some other CS.
D – Possibly grab something from the park to take with us, or get something at the airport

So both DBF and I got the ADR we want, he got his Tutto Italia and I got Chefs, plus Jiko!!!! Very excited to go! Now it just needs to hurry up an get here. I need a vacation!

Ok sorry it’s taken a while to write the update about how the trip almost went up in smoke.

Ok so we booked our flight early March as they has some pretty good deals on. First I have to say that flying out of the States is sooooo much better than flying out of the Toronto, ON Airport. Basically we got both of our flights for around the cost of one person flying out of Toronto. Darn taxes! So at this point we hadn’t actually booked the trip yet as we STILL hadn’t decided what resort to stay at………..phew!!!! That actually ended up working in our favour.

So a day or two after we booked the flights, it occurs to me that we have two weddings to attend this summer. I know when one is and its later in August so I’m not concerned at the moment, the one I am concerned about is for DBF’s friends (ok yes they are now my friends too but it’s just easier to describe it this way). So I call him and ask if he knows when it is. He doesn’t. So I ask him to call and ask. Queue foreboding music now………….:charac2:

DBF calls me back and the news is not good! He talked to the groom and the wedding is August 1st. :eek::scared1: The groom claims he informed us of the date at DBF’s Halloween party…neither of us remember that (not going to lie, there was alcohol involved, not too much for me, but I probably wasn’t paying attention). We originally booked the trip to fly out on July 26th and return on August 1st. (side note - I should mention right now that I am a planner once I get into something, I really don’t like when things sneak up on me and mess things up. I tend to freak out .:furious:) So keep in mind I am at work while DFB tells me the bad news. DBF and I are like oh no what do we do. Can we even change the flight as we purchased the lowest airfare? Do we forgo the trip and just lose the money on the flight? Do we try to beg the airline to change the flight?? We just don’t know. :confused3

So what do I do?…. I ask the ladies I work with :grouphug:. One says play dumb and say you made a mistake on the date, another says tell them the truth and they may be sympathetic and let you do the change and the last one says beg like you have never begged before. Then my boss tells me to go into one of our meeting rooms and make the call so I can have some privacy as I sit in the first cubical you see when you walk into our department. They were so understanding!

So DBF calls me back and I update him with the advice we have received. He says call the airline, tell the truth and find out what we need to do to make the change and if there is any kind of fees we need to pay to change the flight.

It’s now time to make the call, not going to lie I was a bit panicked :scared:, but decide to stay at my desk as the confirmation was in my inbox. I make the call and have my fingers and toes crossed. So I navigate the automated menu and get a human (btw Southwest has the funniest on hold messages, an employee was rapping about the airline so that made me laugh and lightened my mood). So I am talking with the customer service rep and I just explain the whole situation, and I’m pretty sure it was in one breath. The lady I’m talking about say, “Well that’s no problem, I can show you how to make the changes right now and all you have to pay is the difference in fare if any” all in a Southern accent. I :love: Southern accents, they are the best! At this point I’m almost in tears as I am so shocked at how easy this was and how accommodating the airline is. I have to say, I know if we were flying Air Canada we would be paying an additional fee for changing the flights. So the very kind lady tells me how to make the changes and I tell her I love her :worship:. She thought I was funny… and probably a little bit new for not knowing this :rolleyes1.

So I call DBF and we changed the dates to one day earlier and picked are new flights. Crisis adverted. :yay:

Lesson learnt – a) do not let people tell you when their wedding is while you are having a party/drinking, it is just not good at all, and b) Southwest Air rocks!!!! First they give you 2 bags free per person and then if you need to make any changes you can! And there are no fees for changes!!! People were surprised by this.

That’s all for this addition. I will be doing an update as soon as DBF and I decide on the ADR’s to change.

Wow! :lmao: You sounded like me when we had to change our dates around too! Unfortunately, we had to pay a $150 processing fee to change the dates, but it could have been a LOT more.

:rotfl2:Seriously! Friends, don't let friends give wedding dates whilst under the influence! :rotfl2: I'm sure I've done that a few times too!

Southwest sounds like the way to go! We usually fly with United anywhere we go, and they charge $25 for the first checked bag! :scared: Goodness that's alot! That's $100 total for our dang unmentionables! :laughing:

So I've been a little tardy in keeping up my pre trip report :rolleyes1 but I promise I will not be this bad when it comes to the review.

So it is now 27 days until the trip and I can't wait.

There have been a few changes to the ADR's. Since DBF is now working the day shift and gets up at a respectable time in the morning we moved two of our breakfasts (Kona and Ohana) up to earlier times in the morning as the old time use to be 10am :eek:. So this should help give us a bit more time in the parks! Gotta walk all those carbs and calories off somehow! :rotfl2:

So now that all the ADRs are planned the next thing to think about in the Snack Credits. I already have a couple of ideas on where to use a few (Kaki Gori, School Bread, Cinnamon Rolls from Main St Bakery) but I wanted some suggests on what people have found to be a good use of snack credits. So please bring them on!

I can't believe there are only 6 days to go. I so need a trip right now but I have the distinct feeling that I am going to need a few days rest after this trip.

Anyways I just wanted to ask for what are you must do's and see's at Disney? I have spent most of my time planning the reservations and reading the yummy reviews, that I haven't even considered what is going to occupy our time while we are not eating. :confused3

So come one, come all and leave your thoughts and suggestions on how we should spend our time when not sitting at a table.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter