7 days of Disneymoon Dining..CS and TS reviews (in progress)

Ryann

Mouseketeer
Hi all. This is my first try at a dining review, but I'm going to do my best! Let me start with the cast: me, Ryann, 24 & DH, Jacob, 26.

Restaurants to be reviewed:

CS:
Sassagoula Food and Floatworks (POFQ)
Flame Tree BBQ
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
Rosie's All American Cafe
Catalina Eddie's
Leaning Palms
Pizzafari
Lottawatta Lodge

TS:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Raglan Road
Coral Reef
Yacht Club Galley
Big River Grille and Brewing Works
Tony's Town Square
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Day One: Liberty Tree Tavern

This was our very first meal at WDW, as we had arrived after lunch. Our ADR was at 6:30, but we were starving, so we went about 6:00 thinking maybe they could fit us in a bit early. We waited about 20 minutes, and then we were called. The hostess that took us to our table was really nice and personable, she talked to us the whole time she was leading us through the restuarant. We were seated at a booth in the corner by the kitchen, and they had Mickey confetti in the shape of a heart on our table, which I thought was really cute. Let me just go ahead and say, this restaurant is loud, but it was def. not the loudest we went to. More on that later! Our waitress was wonderful, but I can't quite remember her name. She was telling us about the meal, which is a family style consisting of salad with strawberry vinigarette dressing, rolls, ham, turkey, flank steak, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans. As she was telling us our drink options (we were on DDP by the way) I thought DH was going to fall out of his chair because she told him WDW doesn't have sweet tea. He compensated with a root beer, but I could tell he wasn't extremely pleased. However, he wasn't going to let this one little thing ruin our Disneymoon! The food came out quite quickly, and I thought almost all of it was great. I didn't like the green beens, they were kind of hard. DH liked them though. He also liked the mac and cheese, which I didn't eat..not a big fan. The other thing I didn't like-the gravy. I was very disappointed because after a few bites I poured gravy all over my mashed potatoes and stuffing without trying it first. Big mistake. The gravy ruined the taste of them. Please try it first! After the meal, we were offered a dessert of Apple Cobbler I think. We only had a few bites because we were so stuffed, but it was very good! All in all this was a good dining experience. I would return, but not our next trip because I want to try different restaurants. On a scale of 1-10 I would probably give LTT an 8.

Day 2:

Breakfast at Sassagoula Food and Floatworks (POFQ)
DH and I decided to use our extra CS credit from the day before for breakfast at our resort. DH got a western omelette, I ordered biscuits and gravy. DH gobbled his down, he said it was very good, and let me tell you, he is picky about his breakfast! The biscuits were good, very fluffy, but I wasn't a big fan of the gravy...again. Different gravy, but still not very good. If I had it to do over again I would get something else. The food court seemed very well organized, and the staff was pleasant. I would give it an 8 out of 10.

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ

This is a tie for our favorite CS of the entire trip! We didn't have to wait in line long, which ended up being an all week thing, because we like to eat lunch around 11 AM. I ordered the ribs w/baked beans and a corn muffin. DH got the 1/2 chicken plate with the same sides. He wanted to sub french fries for the baked beans, but they wouldn't let him, so we just paid for a side of fries. We both opted for the chocolate cake for dessert. I knew from reading the Disboards not to sit at the first table we came to, so we walked a few moments and ended up with a lovely table by the river with an excellent view of Expedition Everest. DH loved the chicken, but he doesn't eat baked beans, so he didn't touch them. He also liked the corn muffin, which is a little sweeter than corn bread. I loved my ribs!!! They were so good. Not dry, but not so sloppy they got everywhere. The seasoning on them was great, some of the best I've ever had. I enjoyed the corn muffin as well, but when I tried the baked beans they were a little too sweet for my liking. We both liked the chocolate cake, but I didn't eat much of it because I was so full. All in all, Flame Tree gets a 9 out of 10, and only that because I didn't like the baked beans. I would go there again in a heartbeat, and probably will our next trip.

Up next: Raglan Road

sorry I haven't posted again! I have been really busy at work, but I promise to try to get more up soon!

first off, let me say I'm really sorry for it taking so long to post more! Life has been a little crazy, which left no time for Disboards :mad: On with the review!

Raglan Road:

DH and I were really excited for this,because it was something different. We were seated quickly, and our server was nice, but not very personable. I chose the drunk chicken as my appetizer. Can I just say Phenomenal!!! First off the chicken was grilled just right. It was juicy and tender, and it was grilled just enough so that it tasted grilled, you know what I mean? Also, the sauce that came with it (I think it was some kind of lime sauce, but I could be wrong) was amazing. It added so much to the chicken! Even though, the chicken would have been wonderful by itself. DH chose scallops for his app, and he loved them! He says its really hard to cook scallops just right (I don't eat seafood so I have no clue). According to him, these were perfect!

On to the entrees. Now, I have to say, after the apps we were so excited for our food. Wellll, we were very disappointed. DH had the maple glazed salmon, which he took about three bites of. If you knew my DH you'd know he never leaves any food on his plate, so this is a big thing. He told me the maple flavor was good, but they slathered so much on the salmon it was way to sweet and he couldn't eat it. I had ordered the sirloin steak. Not great. It was way over done (I ordered medium) and there was no flavor. I did like the mashed potatoes though.

So we weren't too sure about dessert after our entrees, but we were hoping for the best. I ordered the Dunbrody kiss, and DH got whichever kind of chocolate cake they have (you'll see a pattern form with the whole chocolate cake thing). He loved his, and mine was like heaven! I wasn't sure what exactly it was when I ordered it, I just knew it was chocolate. Turns out, it was like chocolate mousse on the inside covered by a harder chocolate shell. I rarely get dessert with meals, and if I do, I never finish them. If I'd have been at home I may just have licked my plate clean! It was seriously that good. DH even commented on it, saying "you never eat sweets!" (yeah that went out the window this trip :goodvibes )

All in all, I would give Raglan Road a 5. It was the best appetizer and dessert all week for me, but the steak ruined the experience. I would probably go again, but just for drinks and dessert. I may sneak in some drunk chicken too, but I think DH really didn't like this restaurant, because of the salmon. He was highly disappointed,so I don't see us going back anytime soon. Oh well.

Up next, Kringla Baker Og Kafe in Norway. HUGE lunch! And I promise it won't take so long this time!

What a shame your DH didn't enjoy Raglan Road. The Dunbrody Kiss is like a little piece of heaven on a plate though :love:

Nice picture in your siggie btw :thumbsup2

As she was telling us our drink options (we were on DDP by the way) I thought DH was going to fall out of his chair because she told him WDW doesn't have sweet tea.

I will never understand why WDW doesn't have sweet tea. :confused3 I like Coke but after a couple of days I need tea.

The biscuits were good, very fluffy, but I wasn't a big fan of the gravy...again. Different gravy, but still not very good. If I had it to do over again I would get something else.

Someone should have warned you not to get biscuits and gravy in Florida. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter