7 Days of Dining at Disney - April 2015 - Finished! 12/30 San Angel Inn

Thanks for describing Fantasmic...helps a lot!! I will have to figure out if it will work for us...might actually be worth using a FP+ on then since I wasn't all that sure what to use them on at HS anyway....if we can't get the dinner package that is.

I wonder if she's been tested or is self diagnosed? My body does not process garlic or onions well at all and I have tummy issues with them and often a red rash on my face if I consume much of either- I love garlic so this part kind of bites lol.

I don't know much about it. I know it's not entirely self-diagnosed.

It sounds like the package was a very good thing for you guys, glad you had it! :D

Yes, we were. I think I'll get it next time we do Fantasmic! I also want to try Hollywood Brown Derby. :thumbsup2

New follower here! Your report was one of those....I was in another thread (can't remember now....) and one thing lead to another and I was here. Haha! AND I just binged read the whole thing! I swear nearly all your choices are either some of my tried and true favorites OR are at the top of my must try list.

If you are staying at YC/BC, Beaches and Cream is a must. I once made the mistake of getting both fries and onion rings but of all places you can't do that there (you need to save room for dessert). No Way Jose is perfect.

Interesting about the free babysitting with the Blue Zoo receipt. The helpful info you learn on the DIS!

I am obsessed with that falafel burger at the GFC. I haven't actually HAD it yet but I've been dying to and your review just made me need it even more.

Sorry your CCH choices weren't the best. We love it there (the Lighthouse Sandwich is the way to go). My daughter only eats shrimp from there. Like ever.

:welcome: Glad to have you here. :goodvibes Yeah, we definitely ordered too many fries and onion rings but it's a vacation, right? ;) The babysitting at the Dolphin was a great deal. I liked the shrimp at CHH but maybe Sam wouldn't have stolen my food if I'd gone with the sandwich. :laughing:

Thanks for describing Fantasmic...helps a lot!! I will have to figure out if it will work for us...might actually be worth using a FP+ on then since I wasn't all that sure what to use them on at HS anyway....if we can't get the dinner package that is.

I'm glad it helped. I'm sure a FP+ would help, too. :goodvibes

Wonderful reviews and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

:welcome: Thank you for coming by. :goodvibes

Day 6: Breakfast at the Crystal Palace

While I wasn't that excited about eating at the Crystal Palace I was looking forward to entering the park before it opens. I hadn't had breakfast at Crystal Palace so it was a new thing for us.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom around 8 for our 8:15 reservation. It seemed to take forever to make it through the gate. I was a little annoyed because there were people cramming to get through the gates. One group completely cut me in line. :mad: The CM noticed and apologized which was nice because it was not her fault. I overheard the groups around us stating their reservation times and they were all after mine. I was so annoyed but I realized that I really couldn't complain.

By the time we made it to Main Street we had only a few minutes to make our reservation. So the entire reason that I'd made this ADR - getting our picture taken in front of the castle before park opening - was not actually going to happen. This was the best shot I managed.

DSC_0903TR.jpg

I wish I'd gotten a photo of us in front of the castle but I really love this photo. :lovestruc

We checked in and waited a while to be seated. They explained that it could take 90 minutes start to finish but I looked around the room and saw 3 characters in the room heading our way so I figured we wouldn't have to wait 90 minutes. I was right. :thumbsup2

The characters were getting close so we split up and conquered the buffet. This was Aidan's plate.

DSC_0904tr.jpg

Bacon, waffles, and biscuits. :lmao:

I'm pretty much obsessed with smoked salmon lately so this was my first plate.

DSC_0905tr.jpg

I was really looking forward to the salmon and it was perfect. :thumbsup2 I was pretty full but I went up for a second plate to try some different things.

DSC_0916tr.jpg

I think we have clockwise from the top: bacon, sausage, some egg thing, fruit, breakfast lasagna, potatoes, cheddar biscuit. I didn't love the meats but the rest was good. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the lasagna. It wasn't what I expected. I'm not big on sweets for breakfast and I didn't love the texture but it was tasty. :thumbsup2

As soon as we met the last character we hurried out to enjoy our last day in Magic Kingdom.

Be Our Guest is next.

Last edited:

I keep flip-flopping between going to CP or 1900 Park Fare for breakfast...obviously if I could get a pre-park opening at CP I'd do it...but that doesn't seem to be in the cards...so now I'm torn between those two for a bunch of reasons. The food on your plate looked pretty good though....and there's always bacon lol.

I already have a pre park opening booked for our September trip for CP (I know very anti-me). The thought of having an almost empty MK to ourselves sounds so good, but I certainly don't want to have to deal with all the people at the gates that you all did. On the fence if we'll keep it our not, only time will tell ; )

A girl after my own heart. I could eat smoked salmon every day, all day. And a boy after my own heart too. Bacon, biscuits, and waffles.

We were lucky that we had pre-park opening reservations and didn't have a wait at all. Actually, our reservations were for a few minutes AFTER park opening BUT the CM was so so kind and let us in before opening. I'm not sure that he was supposed to but I think he took pity on us. Hooray for pity! :D

I fell way behind here! I'm definitely trying that Quinua salad in Nov. I remember it on the menu our last couple trips, but I've only recently discovered I actually like Quinua......not being a fruit/veggie/ anything healthy or good for you type person I just assumed I wouldn't like it. But Panera has a newish Meditteranean Quinua chicken salad that is absolutely delicious when I'm in the mood for a salad, and the Quinua is the best part :thumbsup2

Now I'm off to find out if NY has an official state food........

CP looks great. We have done dinner there but never breakfast. I'm thinking about doing it next trip for the early entry to MK because it looks so cool to be there when it's empty.

I would love to try that breakfast lasagne! It for sure gets the love on the dining review boards.

The breakfast lasagna looks like Wolfgang Puck's breakfast bread pudding soufflé. Berries, scrambled egg, and cubes of bread baked into goodness.

dsc_0904tr-jpg.101341

Bacon, waffles, and biscuits. :lmao:
THATTA BOY!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the lasagna. It wasn't what I expected. I'm not big on sweets for breakfast and I didn't love the texture but it was tasty. :thumbsup2
I'm sooooooo looking forward to this in December!!! :goodvibes

Yum! I haven't done a CP breakfast in quite a while, so I think I'll have to work it back into rotation. Your son knows how to work the buffet! Your bagel looks so good, too. Looking forward to seeing what you think of BoG!

Your CP breakfast looks great! Sorry you weren't able to take your time and get pics in front of the castle before hand. That's the one and only thing about DW that gets on my nerves, is other inconsiderate people that think they need to get somewhere before everyone else...But since they are basically everywhere you just gotta make the best of it and go with the flow :-)

I keep flip-flopping between going to CP or 1900 Park Fare for breakfast...obviously if I could get a pre-park opening at CP I'd do it...but that doesn't seem to be in the cards...so now I'm torn between those two for a bunch of reasons. The food on your plate looked pretty good though....and there's always bacon lol.

Gosh, that's a tough one. I guess it depends on characters and location, right? 1900 Park Fare looks great but I don't think I could sell my boys on the characters. Bacon doesn't hurt, that's for sure. :thumbsup2

I already have a pre park opening booked for our September trip for CP (I know very anti-me). The thought of having an almost empty MK to ourselves sounds so good, but I certainly don't want to have to deal with all the people at the gates that you all did. On the fence if we'll keep it our not, only time will tell ; )

My advice would be to get there earlier than you think you need to be there and hopefully you will be fine. :thumbsup2 Also, the walls are gone and the new hub looks beautiful (from what I've seen in other reports) so your pics should turn out great. :goodvibes

A girl after my own heart. I could eat smoked salmon every day, all day. And a boy after my own heart too. Bacon, biscuits, and waffles.

We were lucky that we had pre-park opening reservations and didn't have a wait at all. Actually, our reservations were for a few minutes AFTER park opening BUT the CM was so so kind and let us in before opening. I'm not sure that he was supposed to but I think he took pity on us. Hooray for pity! :D

Smoked salmon every day - that would be heaven. :cloud9: Nothing wrong with pity. :laughing:

I fell way behind here! I'm definitely trying that Quinua salad in Nov. I remember it on the menu our last couple trips, but I've only recently discovered I actually like Quinua......not being a fruit/veggie/ anything healthy or good for you type person I just assumed I wouldn't like it. But Panera has a newish Meditteranean Quinua chicken salad that is absolutely delicious when I'm in the mood for a salad, and the Quinua is the best part :thumbsup2

Now I'm off to find out if NY has an official state food........

I haven't had that Panera salad, I will have to try it. Thanks for the tip. :goodvibes

CP looks great. We have done dinner there but never breakfast. I'm thinking about doing it next trip for the early entry to MK because it looks so cool to be there when it's empty.

It was a nice breakfast, just wish we'd gotten there a bit earlier to be able to spend time on Main Street before running off to our ADR.

Thanks for sharing your dining experiences ... will be watching for more!

:welcome: I'm happy to share, thank's for reading and commenting. :goodvibes

I would love to try that breakfast lasagne! It for sure gets the love on the dining review boards.

Very tasty if you can get past the mushy texture. :thumbsup2

The breakfast lasagna looks like Wolfgang Puck's breakfast bread pudding soufflé. Berries, scrambled egg, and cubes of bread baked into goodness.

I've never tried it but now I want to. :laughing:

THATTA BOY!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I'm sooooooo looking forward to this in December!!! :goodvibes

Hope you enjoy. :goodvibes

Yum! I haven't done a CP breakfast in quite a while, so I think I'll have to work it back into rotation. Your son knows how to work the buffet! Your bagel looks so good, too. Looking forward to seeing what you think of BoG!

Yeah, he knows what he likes. :rotfl:I'll post about BOG in a few.

Your CP breakfast looks great! Sorry you weren't able to take your time and get pics in front of the castle before hand. That's the one and only thing about DW that gets on my nerves, is other inconsiderate people that think they need to get somewhere before everyone else...But since they are basically everywhere you just gotta make the best of it and go with the flow :-)

It was a good breakfast. :thumbsup2 Yeah. I was disappointed about the pictures but I should have made sure we were even earlier than we were.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about our CP reservation... it's at 8:45, and the park opens at 9, so I'm trying to decide when we should get there and hopefully be able to take at least one picture. Maybe 8:20-8:30? That's going to be an early morning :P

Day 6: Lunch at Be Our Guest

While I was planning this trip I didn't think we'd get to eat at Be Our Guest so I'd pretty much convinced myself I didn't even want to. When they began accepting ADRs for BoG lunch I jumped at the chance to get one. :laughing: It took a couple of days but I finally secured a 1:10 ADR. It was right between a 12:30 A&E FP and 2:00 Buzz Lightyear FP. Doable, I thought. :thumbsup2

After our Anna & Elsa meet we had more than enough time to head over to BoG to check in. We had pre-ordered our lunches so we were soon on our way to a table. We chose to sit in the West Wing right next to the fireplace.

DSC_0989tr.jpg

We didn't have much time to explore the room before our meals came.

I had the Croque Monsieur.

DSC_0998TR.jpg

The sandwich was tasty and so were the fries but they were cold.

DH had the Carved Turkey Sandwich.

DSC_0999TR.jpg

He really enjoyed this sandwich. :thumbsup2

The boys had trouble choosing their lunches during breakfast so I chose for them. :laughing:

Sammy had the kids meatloaf.

DSC_0993TR.jpg

It came out with a couple sauces and ketchup. Here is a better look at it.

DSC_0994TR.jpg

He hated it. :sad2: He loves turkey meatloaf at home but this had a really strange sweet taste to it.

For Aidan I went with the macaroni.

DSC_0995TR.jpg

This was nothing special but he liked it.

We also got one Master's cupcake which the boys split. This was the best part of the meal by far. I wish I'd ordered a few of them. :rolleyes: I did get to taste the grey stuff and I loved it. When we go back I'm getting one for myself.

While we were eating it took me a while but I finally figured out when the picture would change and was able to get a shot of it.

DSC_1000TR.jpg
DSC_1001TR.jpg

When our meal was finished we looked around a took a couple more pictures.

DSC_0987TR.jpg

DSC_1003tr.jpg

The whole experience was very short and we were out with more than enough time to make it to our next FP.

Boardwalk Bakery is next.

Last edited:
I loved the masters cupcake as well and agree it was the best part of the meal can't wait to hear about Boardwalk bakery!

Yay for a having a chance to eat at Be Our Guest after all. Happy go hear it worked out and it fit with your day's plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter