7 Days of Dining at Disney - April 2015 - Finished! 12/30 San Angel Inn

ursalita

DIS Veteran

COLLEEN!!!! You have a name (and a great hat) ; ) I'm so here. Can't wait to eat all about it.

I am here for the vicarious eating! :cutie:

Yay! Thanks for joining in, Billie.

I'm here - I love dining reports :) Can't wait to hear more.

:welcome: Me, too! I hope you enjoy this one.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

:welcome: Thanks! I'm looking forward to writing about it.

Looking forward to your review.

:welcome:I hope you enjoy!

COLLEEN!!!! You have a name (and a great hat) ; ) I'm so here. Can't wait to eat all about it.

Hey, Kari. I do have a name! Thanks, it was the first souvenir I picked up at WDW. Thanks for joining in.

Day 1: Lunch at Beach Club Marketplace

We arrived at Disney and checked into the Yacht Club around 1:30 and immediately headed out to get some food. Knowing we had a dinner reservation at Beaches & Cream at 6:40 we wanted something light and quick. We opted to walk down to Beach Club Marketplace to grab lunch and sunscreen since our sunscreen was confiscated at the airport by TSA. :sad2:

Anyway, since it was close to 2:00 when we arrived there was nobody in line. We ordered a pepperoni flatbread for the boys to split, I had the Caesar salad with chicken and DH chose the Ham and Gruyere sandwich with a Mustard Sauce on a Multigrain Roll served with choice of Side Salad or House-made Chips (description from the website).The chips looked really good but he opted for the salad.

It took quite awhile to get our food. I got the sense that they'd put everything away after the lunch rush and had to pull it back out. The service was fine, just a little slow. I appreciated that they asked me how much dressing I wanted so it was lightly dressed like I prefer.

We took our trays outside to the nice shaded area to eat. I didn't have my camera so I only have a couple cell phone shots. I promise that I have better quality pictures for the rest of the reviews. ;)

20150421_141345.jpg

20150421_141444.jpg

My sons liked the pizza and I think they got some Cheetos or something on the side. I liked the salad and it was huge. I ended up sharing it with DH because he did not like his salad AT ALL. It was a cucumber and tomato salad with what looked like a creamy dressing and probably feta cheese. DH does not like feta so he didn't like the salad. I love feta and I didn't like it either so it really wasn't very good. He did enjoy the sandwich.

So overall it was a nice lunch. The food was fine and it was quick and on the lighter side like we wanted.

Beaches & Cream is next.

Last edited:
Following along! I always find it dicey to get a salad somewhere because of the dressing and how much they usually put on it so its nice that they asked you.

That caesar salad IS enormous, holy chicken!

I probably would have liked his side salad after I picked out the cucumber. I love tomatoes and feta!

The sandwich looks good! Om nom nom!

Following along! I always find it dicey to get a salad somewhere because of the dressing and how much they usually put on it so its nice that they asked you.
:welcome: This was the only time it happened during the trip and I definitely appreciated it.

I'm in! Reading dining reports keeps the excitement level up until my ADR day :goodvibes
:welcome:I'm the same way. I read so many dining reports before this trip.

I love Disney's caesar salads! I'm in!
It was a great salad. :welcome: Thanks for joining in.

following

:wave:Happy to have you.

Cool! Thanks for joining in! :wave2:

Digging in to your dining report ! :tongue:

Hi Kelly! Thanks for coming by! :goodvibes

That caesar salad IS enormous, holy chicken!

I probably would have liked his side salad after I picked out the cucumber. I love tomatoes and feta!

The sandwich looks good! Om nom nom!

Hi Billie! It was huge and it had a ton of chicken. I didn't mind sharing with DH. I love all three and I didn't like it. I think the dressing was a little strange. I didn't try it but DH said the sandwich was good.

Sorry dh's salad wasn't great...the sandwich looked good though!

It was ok, he was able to have some of my salad so it worked out. He did enjoy the sandwich.

Following along :)

:welcome:Happy to have you along!

Day 1: Dinner at Beaches & Cream

We had a 6:40 reservation for dinner and we checked in about 10 minutes early. We were seated right about on time. The restaurant was really busy when we arrived but had emptied out by the time we left about an hour later.

We were led to a booth which was great because the boys seem to stay seated better than tables. They had juke boxes at the table but when we asked about coins for them we were told they don't work. :confused3 The server pointed out a large juke box in the front of the restaurant that they could select from and it was free. We never heard the song they picked but it was pretty loud in there and I couldn't really hear the music.

I spotted Onion Rings on the menu so right away I wanted to start with those. DH got the Angus Burger, I chose the Salmon Sandwich which was a salmon fillet on a multigrain croissant with dill mayo, arugula, pickled cucumber and onion. The boys had the hot dog and cheeseburger kids meals. I didn't take pictures of their meals as they were pretty standard. We all opted for fries with our sandwiches.

DSC_0083TR.jpg

DSC_0082TR.jpg

DSC_0084TR.jpg

I wished I'd ordered a bit differently. The server mentioned that you could get O Rings with your meal for an extra dollar. I wish I'd gotten Onion Rings with mine and skipped the side of onion rings. I also should have gotten the fruit with one of the kid's meals because we ended up with way too many fries and some onion rings left over. I normally do that when we eat out because usually one order of fries is enough for all of us. I blame the Disney excitement.

Both boys enjoyed their meals, Sammy especially loved the hot dog. DH really enjoyed the burger and ate all his fries and most of the onion rings. He was firmly in vacation mode! My sandwich was really good. I thought the pickled cukes and arugula were perfect with the salmon. I also enjoyed the multigrain croissant and got one later in the trip for breakfast. The fries were good but the onion rings were a little greasy and the batter was too heavy for my taste.

Finally it came to the part of the meal that I'd been looking forward to for months: Dessert! We got the No Way Jose to share between the four of us and we completely destroyed it. How it didn't deteriorate into a full blown food fight I'll never know. It was absolutely delicious!

DSC_0086TR.jpg

I lost valuable spoon time to take this photo!

So overall a fantastic meal for our first night at Disney.

Pizzafari is next.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!