7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by tinkerbelltwins, Jan 26, 2012.

1. calihannah

calihannah Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pennymike

pennymike Must obey the Mouse!

Hey! So cool to cross paths again! :) I absolutely remember you guys! Is this your 1st Med? Traveling with the little one again? (not nearly as little, I'm sure!). Looking forward to summer, FOR SURE!!!! :wave2:

Penny

4. tinkerbelltwins

tinkerbelltwins DIS Veteran

:wave2:Welcome Aboard - You have been added to the Roll Call! I hope you have a great cruise!

Beth

5. JimmyJackJunior

JimmyJackJunior DIS Veteran

I am all registered for Rick Steves spring Travel Festival. Any other pacific northwesters(sig,lovestorun) going?

You are confirmed for the following on Saturday, April 6, 2013:

> Packing Light and Right - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Edmonds Center for the Arts (5 people)
    > Italy - 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Edmonds Center for the Arts (5 people)
    > Greece - 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., Edmonds Theater (5 people)
    > Provence and the French Riviera - 2:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Edmonds Theater (5 people)

6. slg

slg DIS Veteran

Where is it? Wish I could go but I have to work that night:(

7. JimmyJackJunior

Edmonds, north of Seattle.

8. kehonuamemano

kehonuamemano Mouseketeer

We went on the May Med back in 2010 but I am super excited to go to Greece! Malia will be 7 in August and she is excited. We went on the Fantasy last year and Malia was less than thrilled with the kids club she kept saying she wanted to go on the "old Mickey boat."

9. pennymike

LOVE this! Is it available to further orders on Vista like Zazzle allows? We had HUGE issues with "copyright" refusal on shirts last summer through Zazzle. We didn't even have photos, images or fonts involved at the end and STILL got denied for copyright. Still have no idea why. These shirts look awesome!
    :) Penny

10. pennymike

I know I am very late joining this conversation....I'm trying to get caught up on 63 pages of conversations! :rotfl:

Anyway.....when we did the Med in July or Aug '10 (you'd think I'd remember...) we did the excursion to the Island of Gozo. It was VERY cool....the jeeps that toured us around were CRAZY fast :-)drive::scared:) but fun. We did not eat at a restaurant, but had a "traditional pizza lunch"...which was just handed out piece by piece from a cooler (keeping it hot, of course) while standing on the beach sidewalks. Not fancy, by any means, but delish. It was a VERY full day, and loved the excursion.

Just my 2 cents. :)

11. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

Penny,
    I can't figure out how to share this on Vista Print. However, if you PM me your email address, I'd be happy to email you the front and back logos that I used to create my shirt on Vista Print. The front is the same one that is already posted on the 1st page of our thread; the back is almost the same, my friend just cut some parts out and added the dates, to make it more "square" and larger for Vista's specifications.

If anyone else also wants these, please PM me your email and I will send to you.

12. pennymike

We call this a "trip", NOT a "vacation"......The days at sea help, but this is not so much a relaxation opportunity, more of an opportunity to see amazing things. As long as you go into it with that understanding, it's all good! :)

Penny

13. FloridaMom3461

FloridaMom3461 Disney Veterans

Our 8 YO DD said the same thing after being on the Fantasy last summer - only the Magic will do from now on for all of us! We are so looking forward to Magic in the Med again! We also did the 7 night med in 2010.

14. kehonuamemano

At least they know what they want :)

15. LovesToRun

LovesToRun DIS Veteran

I would love to go to this, but we'll be out of town.... IRONICALLY, we'll be on the Disney Fantasy on April 6. :banana: We're doing a 7-day Eastern Caribbean (with Puerto Rico) for spring break. So, I guess Disney won over Rick Steve's here. :smickey:

But, I know where his store is, so I'll probably pop in there at some point before we leave to get some tips, and talk to people, etc. They know so much!! :)

Well, we are PAID IN FULL as of yesterday! Woo Hoo! So, we are REALLY official now. (But, we were official back when we booked our airline tickets), but there is something about paying your cruise price in full that makes it seem even MORE real! I'm so excited!

Hey, I have a question for anyone who has traveled to London, England with kids. We are flying to London after the cruise to show our kids London and other parts of England. We are actually very familiar with London (We've been there 6 or 7 times, BUT we've never been there with our kids). We have good friends who live there, and we've been planning to stay at their house for the time we're in London (we're going to see more of the UK, so won't ONLY be in London). Well, they just told us that his job has transferred him, and they will be moving, so they are selling their house! SO, that means we now have to find a place to stay that works for a family of 4.

Now that we're not staying at our friend's house and we can pick any areas in the city to stay in, we want to stay somewhere near Hyde Park/Paddington Station... OR in Knightsbridge. Does anyone have any hotel or full-serviced apartment recommendations in those areas that isn't crazy expensive that fits 2 adults 2 children comfortably? I'm just researching now, so I know we'll find something, but just wondering if anyone here has any personal recommendations.

We'll figure it out, and I use trip advisor, too. But, if anyone has stayed at a family friendly hotel/full-service apartment in those areas and loved it, let me know the name, and I'll look into it. :) When DH goes to London for work, he stays at the Hilton at Paddington Station (work pays for it, which is nice), and he likes that hotel a lot, but that hotel is $600/night for a room that fits a family of 4. YIKES! So, looking for something cheaper.

Getting SO excited!!

16. calihannah

calihannah Mouseketeer

We are staying in London for a week before making our way to Barcelona for the cruise. We used a wonderful travel agent to help us find a place in London (2 adults, 2 kids), and I'd highly recommend her. We've used her, oh, about 10 times before to travel all over the world ;) PM me if you'd like her info.

17. kehonuamemano

18. WDW Princess 71

WDW Princess 71 DIS Veteran

We are PAID IN FULL as of yesterday also! I agree, when we bought our airfare last september at $1366/pp, we were official- I could never justify bailing after investing that much in nonrefundable tickets, so I told myself then, I was making this trip happen one way or the other! But, it does feel all the more real and calming knowing that final payment is made and most of my planning is done, so I can finally relax and savor the fact that we are only 4 months away!!

19. slg

slg DIS Veteran

Try the Parkwood Hotel:http://www.parkwoodhotel.com/

We stayed here with our family in 2010 and loved it! Close to everything and very reasonably priced. Right by Hyde Park too.

Highly recommended on tripadvisor as well.

PM if you have any questions.

20. LovesToRun

LovesToRun DIS Veteran

Thank you to both of you (calihannah & slg) for your recommendations. As it turns out, I was talking to a friend who recommended a full-service apartment hotel that is just 5 minutes from Hyde Park. I looked into it, and it's perfect for us! (it has studio, 1-bedroom & 2 bedroom apartments with full kitchens. So, I booked that for us (got a super great deal on Expedia). It's called, "Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments" (in case anyone is going to London and needs accommodations for a family). My DH will be in London in May for work, so he's going to actually stop by to see them in person to make sure they are what my friend described and what the website says. ;)

SO, we are now fully set for our trip. Now, we have to start thinking about what we'll do at each port on the cruise!! :) So excited about all the ports!! :cool1:

21. JimmyJackJunior

Paid in full.