60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear Cookie isn't feeling better....go snuggle up with your little sweetie and hope she's better in the morning :hug:

hey for $90 I'd switch too! hehehe another surprise for Mark :thumbsup2

can't wait for your new PTR - and the reveal of the title!

I'm afraid she is fading on us; she is almost 15-1/2 and she can't see hardly at all, she can't hear, she moans a lot. She doesn't seem to be really "hurting", but she goes for her annual check-up next month after we get back from Florida and we will have to see what they say.

Yes, another surprise...he'll never trust me.

Avery came up with the title (the oldest of Mary's girls)....we're debating whether to go with it and just spoof it up a little. ;)

I'm afraid she is fading on us; she is almost 15-1/2 and she can't see hardly at all, she can't hear, she moans a lot. She doesn't seem to be really "hurting", but she goes for her annual check-up next month after we get back from Florida and we will have to see what they say.

Avery came up with the title (the oldest of Mary's girls)....we're debating whether to go with it and just spoof it up a little. ;)

oh that is so hard, will keep her and you both in my prayers :hug:

well at least its a good surprise :thumbsup2

this could be interesting, you'll have to share her idea if you do change it!

now off to bed with you, get some rest!

o

Really? Didn't you just let ME take your luggage and give it to the luggage area?

We fly with Air Canada and it doesn't offer that option. :( It would make things to much easier. That's probably why ME bring you so early though, because they don't know if you'll be checking your own luggage or not.

We fly with Air Canada and it doesn't offer that option. :( It would make things to much easier. That's probably why ME bring you so early though, because they don't know if you'll be checking your own luggage or not.

I wondered that too .... Really? I thought all airlines going in have bags with ME, but it's just leaving that doesn't offer that option. I don't think it has to do with the airlines going in. They just pull all bags off for ME with tags on them. It's leaving that only certain airlines allow hotel check in.

I wondered that too .... Really? I thought all airlines going in have bags with ME, but it's just leaving that doesn't offer that option. I don't think it has to do with the airlines going in. They just pull all bags off for ME with tags on them. It's leaving that only certain airlines allow hotel check in.

I was talking about leaving Disney. We have to check our own luggage, we can't check it at the resort. That means it takes us extra time at the airport before we can go through security. If ME had picked us up 30 minutes later, we might have missed our flight, or it would have been VERY tight.

When we land in Orlando we have the option of letting ME take care of it and bring it to the resort, though we haven't tried it yet. We've had good luck getting our own luggage, but I'm thinking once we have two young kids (and possibly no teenager with us to help), we might take advantage of that option.

I was talking about leaving Disney. We have to check our own luggage, we can't check it at the resort. That means it takes us extra time at the airport before we can go through security. If ME had picked us up 30 minutes later, we might have missed our flight, or it would have been VERY tight.

When we land in Orlando we have the option of letting ME take care of it and bring it to the resort, though we haven't tried it yet. We've had good luck getting our own luggage, but I'm thinking once we have two young kids (and possibly no teenager with us to help), we might take advantage of that option.

Aha! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

oh that is so hard, will keep her and you both in my prayers :hug:

It's very sad. :(

well at least its a good surprise :thumbsup2

I think so!

this could be interesting, you'll have to share her idea if you do change it!

Will do!

now off to bed with you, get some rest!

o

I did go to bed and I slept until 9 a.m. :)

That explains it...thanks.

::yes::

:thumbsup2 Definitely so! I would love to to see Mary and the girls again and finally get to meet Kathy in person! :)

I can't wait to meet you Michelle.

As you all know, the surprise went off, despite all of us at one time or another (well, except Todd) almost spilling the beans.

After all of the secrecy, planning, etc., would I do it again? Absolutely! It was priceless seeing my husband do a little dance when he got the news.

Highlights of the trip were (in no particular order)

1) The look and the dance that my husband gave

2) The love you saw in his face when he saw Nicki and Todd were there

3) Having our oldest son with us and his girlfriend, Des

4) Having our bestest friends join us for such a special occasion

5) Seeing the merriest of the holidays at Disney World in all it's wonder

6) Trying four new restaurants and liking each and every one of them

Lowlights of the trip

1) Pop Warner parents and their kids at our resort. If it weren't for them, our location of our room and our love of our "home" for so many trips in the past would have kept it at the top of the list

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip:

Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

Photo0016FourBySix.jpg

Photo0238FourBySix.jpg

Photo0078FourBySix.jpg

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

Photo0102FourBySix.jpg

Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Photo0315FourBySix.jpg

Photo0304FourBySix.jpg

Photo0251FourBySix.jpg

Photo0266FourBySix.jpg

Photo0270FourBySix.jpg

Photo0354FourBySix.jpg

Photo0069FourBySix.jpg

A special thank you to Nicki. Not only are you the "best" sister a girl could have, but I would never have been able to pull this off without your help and our plotting and planning. We love you (and Todd) and are so glad you were a part of this special birthday with us.

I thank each and every one of you for reading along, and to those who posted...thank you.

I will keep this open since we will be at Flower & Garden three weeks from tomorrow for one day at Epcot and I'll post the pictures for that here.

I will be starting our girls PTR soon...tomorrow or Monday once I get our full schedule from Mary.

happy you got a good night sleep kathy :goodvibes

oh my, your wrap up brought happy tears to my eyes...so wonderful that this trip was filled with so many great memories, moments, friends, family and food! love all your favorite photos! and even though you had to deal with the POP warner, you still had a terrific trip!

looking forward to your F & G trip photos and of course your girls trip PTR!

I love all of your Favorite Pictures, they are all great ones!

Can't wait to hear about your one day trip in a few weeks too! I'm sure Epcot will be GORGEOUS! :flower3:

What a wonderful wrap up to a wonderful TR

Your fave photos show exactly why this was such a magical trip for you all :grouphug:

First off I apologize for not posting as I have followed along, mostly by IPhone, as I have been way too busy to Dis...thats Season in SWFL for ya! Snowbirds are keeping me alert thats for sure

This trip was just incredible, from the early onset planning until the final minutes when we were waiting to jump Mark...ok I was waiting to jump Mark, Todd was just a calm cucumber about the entire thing!

What are my favorite moments? Well, all of them of course! From the heavy duty texting we were doing the day you arrived to me running to my boyfriend and the look on his face. To our power through it day at MK and the boys sleeping the hotel lobby to my cupcake wars attitude for that gingerbread cupcake! Des dancing with Mark, Todd and you sharing popcorn, early morning pressed pot coffee and you sending Mark to the corner! A late night steakhouse dinner that we were all too tired for but so glad we didnt cancel it! You calling me Mom or Boss and Mark singing Baseball Apple Pie and Desiree! My husband on a mission for an egg roll only to find out his "brother from another mother" loves them just as much! But the best one was Andy putting the wrestling moves on me and fixing my back!

My only regret is that we could not stay until the very end...boo hoo! But work is what pays for these wonderful trips so it is what it is ha ha

Every minute of our trip together was a blast, from excitement to exhaustion I would not trade a second of it...well maybe the humidity, that was a hair do killer I tell ya!

I cannot wait to see you in a few weeks, take lots of pictures of the F&G for us because we will be there a few weeks after that and I am so excited!

Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed that this trip will be a repeat in Dec....please put the pressure on Todd when you see him ok?

LOVE YOU!

Nic

I enjoyed it all and will look forward to future trips you have with Mary and the girls and with your own crew as it continues to grow.
Disney with family and friends is indeed a happy, happy thing. :)

what a magical trip! I was cracking up at your "first Starbucks in 6 days" picture.

Fun surprise on the Dolphin booking. I'm with you on the values, no offense intended. I could do it for a night, maybe 2 but that's it. Girls trip, just around the corner :thumbsup2

Thanks for the wonderful TR, looking forward to many more.

I will do my wrap up tomorrow; Cookie wasn't feeling well when I got home from work so I'm keeping an eye on her.

The PTR title is being worked on and I hope to start that on Sunday or Monday...Mary and I are in touch.

And I'll let you all in on a little secret. I cancelled our reservation at POP. I just couldn't bring myself to stay at a value because I just don't care for them (sorry to those who love them....they just aren't me). I booked us a room at the Dolphin. It was only $90 more and it just makes more sense since we are dining at Yachstman on Sunday night...we can walk there and enjoy the Boardwalk a little and then we will drive to Boma in the morning for our 7:30 ADR and then drive back to the Dolphin and use the back door for Epcot.

But I'm not telling Mark until we get there.

Goodnight all.

Kathy, I can't say that I blame you. Unlike so many who love the values, I simply cannot handle pink, yellow, blue and green buildings with giant bowling pins, Yo yo's, and etc; It's just too much in your face, sensory overload for me. Also being that the beds not being queen size is an instant deal breaker for me.

15 1/2 years is a long time for Cookie, but it still doesn't make it any easier. I have been there myself with a pet. We certainly do love them like family. I hope the remaining time you have with her will be ones you cherish and remember forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Wonderful ending for a wonderful trip!

Another surprise for Mark! Yay!!

((Cookie))

Also...be happy you weren't downtown today!! So many drunk green people who can't carry a tune or walk straight. Afternoon train ride was interesting..."protein spills" and all. Sheesh.

Praying cor Cookie...and for you!

I LOVED the incredible trip surprise, the stories, the pictures and the wrap-up. What a WONDERFUL Birthday Surprise...just such an amazing time of love and fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter