1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatMark, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you so very much...you are very kind.

Thank you, Christine. :goodvibes

We've been very lucky lately with good flights.

The transition after this trip was especially brutal...plus I had Christmas to deal with. Thank you; I can't believe you are going back again so soon. :)

Thank you so much. I'll post a link here when I start it.

We made good sad faces, didn't we? Breakfast was good.

Thanks, Mary. It was sad. But I have a new trip coming up in 84 days that will make me smile again. :goodvibes

You are most welcome.

Yes, Michelle and I have talked...we are overlapping and have to figure out a time to meet.

Thanks for being here, Maryellen.

Thanks, Jen.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

I will be looking for the link!!!!!

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

It really is; I think next time I'm just going to close my eyes and ignore the video.

It really was a great trip and I am so glad we did it.

Isn't that bulldog absolutely adorable...Mark really wants one now.

I was so hoping when you posted your dates one of them would work :sad2: I am determined that one day I will meet ALL of my DIS friends. I would love to meet you Downtown sometime...let me know when you'll be there.

It certainly was.

Shannon, I didn't realize how much I missed my coffee because we were having such a good time. ;)

:lmao::lmao:

New PJ's:

[​IMG]

Thanks, Ali. CSR will always have our heart after some very special stays there even though we now have a new home.

I always shed a tear or two when leaving the property. Wow...those trips are really close together.

Thanks for "tagging" along, Pat.

I will finish up my other responses tomorrow; I was at the high school wrestling awards program tonight and got home late. So hard saying goodbye to the seniors (although one of them may end up at the college where Mark is coaching.

5. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Awwww... the dreaded last morning! :( Your final resort photos reflect such a peace and quiet to the morning. As hard as it is to leave you definitely have the next one to look forward to! ::yes::

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful trip adventures with all of us. I'm sure Mark will want to celebrate the rest of his birthdays in no less style!! ;)

6. PracPerfPatricia

PracPerfPatricia DIS Veteran

Not that you were counting your days without Starbucks or anything Kathy...:lmao: (I have had a really bad Starbucks habit this week...it's actually been a bit shameful... something about Daylight Savings time...:confused3)

It is really sad to leave... and Mark looked pitiful...:( but didn't the fog at least lessen the pain a bit?... it's a little easier to leave when it's foggy like that, then if it was a perfectly sunny blue sky... very Sherlock Holmes like... that fog...

Looking forward to your wrap uplll:surfweb:

7. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Going home is the worst part of a Disney holiday

8. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Hi Kathy! long time from my last post, but have peeked in too.. typical me getting in at the end...:rolleyes: First, congrats on receiving the wonderful cancer free news. It must be such a relief every year. :hug:

Second, congrats to Mark on the new coaching position! :cool1:His hard work determination and passion for the sport paid off! And Congrats to you and Mark for raising such a fine son(s). (Nice article by your friend).

Loved all your pix…and you know I always love the Mark specialty… the hat pix!! All your pictures are wonderful to look…it brings us all there. Great seeing the MVMCP pix of the parade, castle, wishes… always get teary eyed… love the photopass ones of your whole family and of you and Des. (great t-shirts). BOG..we love TS and hope to try CS there on our next trip….(Sam and I may be there in August at the same time as Jeanette! and now you and Mark as well!! :yay: ). And December too ...the granny trip..:)

Fantasmic, usually on our to-do list....Des looked so sweet in her princess tiara princess: …and what can I say about TSM except it rocks! (and it was so empty :banana:)! It is our favorite attraction at HS.:goodvibes Congrats to Des for making it look easy on her first try.:thumbsup2 (and I actually like TOT now!)

CSR is really a beautiful resort and it is always nice to capture early morning ones ... and we've all had those sad faces leaving. :(

Aleisha is right.. Mark is sure fire keeper.. love their pix at the Dells!

So happy that your surprise trip came off so well..:goodvibes Kathy, know that I think of you often, even though I don’t get around to posting much…please do not stop from writing your reports! You have a way with words, with your love for Disney and your family/friends… it reaches and touches people and brings them in… people follow along not necessarily always posting, but still with you.... (in true pickle fashion admit to a little skimming to catch up but we pickles are very good at skimming, eh?) :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading of your F&G day along with seeing plenty of pix....including those infamous hat pix of Mark!
    :flower3:

9. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

:hug: I can imagine Kathy..that would be cool if Mark coaches one of the seniors!!!

Your TR has kept the Christmas spirit going :santa: Alas it's time for Spring I guess :thumbsup2

10. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

So sad it's over! :sad: But I can't wait to hear about your Epcot Flower & Garden one day adventure!! :cool1:

11. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you.

Thanks. :)

I'm sad it is over too, but looking forward to the next one.

Got that shirt on the Disney shopping website.

They changed breakfast and lunch to buffets around June of last year...it went through December and now is back to the way it used to be.

Thanks for reading, Jill.

Really? Didn't you just let ME take your luggage and give it to the luggage area?

Yes, it was a sad day (although I cheered up when I saw my puppy).

It was a beautiful, if foggy, morning at CSR when we left.

Thanks...and I'm glad you enjoyed.

Thank you, Judy, and thank you for coming along for the ride with all you have had going on.

Wasn't that clever of Des to stand under her "Andy" sign? Going home is the PITS. I think they should have a hotel for all of us DISers that we could live at.

12. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you for reading; I hope your wife surprises you one of these days too.

Thanks, Mark, for tagging along again. I am so happy we pulled off the surprise. I know for sure I can never top this (well, unless I get us all moved to Florida with a home, jobs, etc., and don't tell him until we get there).

Thanks, friend. It was a very good breakfast; and I love Mickey waffles too.

Yeah, I definitely think I won't be watching the video on the next trip.

Hi, Rosie. I hope to start it Sunday or Monday for sure.

Mark and I have actually talked about this. We may end up buying DVC when we move to Florida at some point. Mark's dad will be leaving him a nice sum of money when it's his turn to go join mumma, and we'd like to have it for the kids, etc.

I am sad it is over too, Stephanie. I can't wait until I can get a Starbucks Cappuccino IN Disney World. :)

The sunshine was nice...but can we now have a warm-up, please?

13. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I do that face when Mark ignores me too! I was so happy to see my puppy.

Sorry about that Tam...I am being spoiled this year wtih the number of trips. :) Yes, I want to live there forever!

Thanks for being here, Lisa. I'll try to do the wrap-up tonight when I get home.

I miss it too; but I miss OKW as well. :confused3

Rest of responses tonight when I get home from work. Had to get a lot of additional paperwork for our refinance and I kept getting interrupted.

14. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Just checkin' in during a brief interlude at work when no one is killing anyone , no one having seizures etc etc !!!:worship::rotfl2:

15. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thanks Molly. It was a fun trip and one we will never forget.

Thank you so much for joining in on our memories. Yes, I'm afraid what Mark might expect for his next birthday.

Thank you. :)

Yes it is. :(

16. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you.

Wouldn't that be fun if one of the seniors from the high school he attended came to where he now lives and coaches; and the kid is a good wrestler too

Yes, it is time for Spring...and I am sooooo ready for it.

Thanks, Amy; I'm really looking forward to Flower & Garden.

Rosie, you are too funny. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

17. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I will do my wrap up tomorrow; Cookie wasn't feeling well when I got home from work so I'm keeping an eye on her.

The PTR title is being worked on and I hope to start that on Sunday or Monday...Mary and I are in touch.

And I'll let you all in on a little secret. I cancelled our reservation at POP. I just couldn't bring myself to stay at a value because I just don't care for them (sorry to those who love them....they just aren't me). I booked us a room at the Dolphin. It was only $90 more and it just makes more sense since we are dining at Yachstman on Sunday night...we can walk there and enjoy the Boardwalk a little and then we will drive to Boma in the morning for our 7:30 ADR and then drive back to the Dolphin and use the back door for Epcot.

But I'm not telling Mark until we get there.

Goodnight all.

18. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I can't believe they did away with the breakfast buffet. It was busy the two days we went there and for $15 I thought it was a good deal(in Disney terms)

19. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Only $90 more? :rotfl::rotfl: I think you guys would of been fine at POP for one night. If you didn't like it- Hey, it was only for one night. :rotfl::rotfl:

20. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

sorry to hear Cookie isn't feeling better....go snuggle up with your little sweetie and hope she's better in the morning :hug:

hey for $90 I'd switch too! hehehe another surprise for Mark :thumbsup2

can't wait for your new PTR - and the reveal of the title!

21. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Yes, I'm not sure why they did it. I know they aren't owned by Disney, but to me it was such a great deal and probably would have brought more people in.

I won a little money on the lotto and Dolphin was just too convenient to Epcot to pass it up. And the thought of those tiny beds....nope, just couldn't do it. :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.