60 Candles, 30 Million Lights, Best Friends&Family at Disney--Priceless (New 5/23)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatMark, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreezinRafiki

FreezinRafiki Cold enough for ya?

I've been a slacker, but I'm all caught up now! Good to see Andy carrying on the family legacy with the Silly Hat Photos. Mark must be so proud. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I love that is is NORMALLY very peaceful at the Coronado.

Des bought that shirt at Epcot in February of this year when she went with her family and Andy went to surprise her for Valentine's Day.

My son is an odd duck at times; and then, of course, he forgot to take a towel and comes running in the room dripping wet. :crazy2:

I'm not a techie type of gal either; it was just okay in my book.

That's the hard part when it is four adults as compared to two adults and two children; everyone needs to use the bathroom, shower, make-up, etc.

If you like techie stuff, then you will love Test Track. I mean it was neat to do, but not something I'm into and will probably just let Mark do in the future while I take pictures. :rotfl2:

I really don't think you missed much at all. The ride is the same, they just took out all the stuff that you learned from. I thought it would have been more for how long it was closed.

You and my husband would get along great. He could spend an entire morning watching the fish and manatees (especially since he loves watching the manatees when we go to Marco Island). LOVE Turtle Talk.

You might enjoy it; it just wasn't for me and Nicki.

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

:welcome::welcome: always delighted to have a new reader. :goodvibes

Thank you; it was fun planning the trip and my hubby deserved it more than anyone I know.

Better catch up quickly, another update going up soon. ;)

Mel, it's a great show for kids and adults (I love the questions some of the kids come up with). Too funny that your step-daughter calls her dad dude. :rotfl2:

The opening was okay; it kind of startled me too.

Nope, I don't think you missed anything missing out on TT.

Nope, not a whole lot different except for being able to design your own car and see if your car wins in the end. Mark had been bugging me to buy that shirt for two years and I finally gave in...the cost was a killer. I'm glad CSR was quiet for you.

It really wasn't that cold out...I think it was already 70 degrees that morning (we had a lot of warm, humid, foggy mornings).

I was expecting so much more from the new TT. I do love Soarin' though. :)

Maddie will probably get a big kick out of designing a car with her daddy.

Des' shirt was adorable.

Yes, but I would have preferred the quiet to the credit. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks; we had a great Christmas and hope you did too.

5. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Don't call them neon lights... some people might take offense. And that's why I typically stay away from the Theme Park Strategies board.

I agree with you and Kathy for the most part, although I do love the queue and the design part. I actually think it will make me tend to want to ride it more often just to play with the computer screens, but I was definitely disappointed by what they did with the ride itself.

6. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you, Lisa.

I thought of making noise...but I was a good girl.

The queue will be good for parents with small children, I'm sure.

I told you when you lost all your weight, you shrunk too. But I still love you...I just now use you as a leaning post.

I'd read all the horror stories on Pop Warner previously and knew about the fights and one group being kicked out because of some nonsense. It used to be that they went to the Caribbean; then it was POR with overflow to POFQ. I figured with the new remodle of POR and POFQ, that they decided to ship them back to CSR. I can tell you next year that we will NOT be staying anywhere that they might remotely be at.

Hope you had a great dinner at R&C; we need to get back there...it's been too long.

Soarin' is great (but I wish they'd fix the hole in the screen...it's beginning to annoy me.

Nope...not many changes at all. I'm glad we did it, but now I don't have to rush back for it.

My guess is putting in the computers in the room is what took so long in getting it up and running. Your nephews will probably love that techie stuff.

It was a great morning at Epcot.

:wave2: Rosie. Andy did a great job in picking out that picture frame for me. I'm sure your group will enjoy building a car. The fish are fun to watch...I especially like the dolphins.

I wonder if it is permanent?

I'm with you...just let me in the park so I can start my day. :rotfl::rotfl:

We'll talk about the next ADR in the next update, but I won't be doing a reivew (Nicki has those reviews going on in the dining reviews forum)

7. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Yes, that is the Casitas quiet pool; the Cabanas quiet pool and Ranchos quiet pool are a little smaller, but I love them all. I think as long as there are NO sports groups at CSR, you will be fine.

I wouldn't say TT is a "flop", just not much new from the old version.

Hi, Christie. You know I'll be over to your PTR and giving you all kinds of thoughts. Let me know if you want me to pick up a Mine Mine shirt for you (you know how they are always changing stock) the next time we go.

Wow....that is a lot of people. I hope you aren't paying for all 30 of them.

Yes, I can see Tyler (and Chris) doing what Andy did.

Dinner at B&C was OUTSTANDING. But you are supposed to be following Nicki's dining reviews to get the play by play on all the meals.

The Christmas decorations were awesome.

I would have loved that view any other time but this one.

You skipped Turtle Talk? Shame on you.

Thanks...glad you enjoyed the Christmas pics. I'm looking forward to seeing Christmas pics of my kiddies if you ever give them their presents from us. :lmao::lmao:

We had a lot of great things to do after TT and we still didn't get it all done. :mad:

Bob, trust me, I thought of making a racket. But then I thought there might be normal families like us with little kids still sleeping and I just couldn't do it.

Thanks, Barry. Yes, you are a slacker, but I'm being nice to you because you are in possession of my Photopass CD from September.

Yes, Andy is as goofy as his father with the hats and often instigates the trying of them on.

I don't think I want to know WHY we should NOT call them neon lights. :confused3

I just thought the whole ride part would be a new experience. Again :confused3

8. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Some people just want to argue for the sake of argument, apparently.

I'm with you about the ride part. I guess I didn't expect any major changes to the track layout, but I just felt a little bit let down by it. I liked what they did to the queue and then it's like they just ran out of time/money/ideas when it came to the ride itself.

9. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I'm going to do another update today because we won't be home all weekend. Mark and Alisha couldn't come home for Christmas, so we are going to celebrate Christmas with them this weekend, along with celebrating my birthday. Plus, I get to go see Alisha's wedding dress in person as she has a fitting and I might look for a dress for me.

So I left you with us just having finished up Soarin' and heading to our lunch ADR. We started the stroll over to World Showcase. We didn't stop in any countries on the way to our destination because we wanted to get checked in. We were headed here:

[​IMG]

Mark, patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for them to start seating guests:

[​IMG]

We had a lovely table by the window where we were able to watch this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will say that the food was excellent, but for more details, you'll have to go to Nicki's dining reviews. We are definitely going back in August...we enjoyed that much.

Andy seemed to be enjoying something too:

[​IMG]

And then we saw:

[​IMG]

After lunch, we stopped to see one of the Storytellers (I don't remember if this was still in France or not? Nicki, do you remember?):

[​IMG]

We started strolling through World Showcase with no destination in mind. We just wanted to see the decorations, pop into a store, have dessert, etc. I know Des got her dessert while still in France (it's in Nicki's review).

I'm not sure what Andy is drinking here...I don't think it's a beer in that type of cup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopping in the United States where Nicki was looking for a certain pin.

[​IMG]

Up next, Italy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We arrived in Germany and stopped to see the train:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was music playing and all of a sudden Des grabbed my husband. I have to say this warmed my heart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We stopped in the German caramel shop because Todd was craving caramel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Todd and his snack:

[​IMG]

After getting the snack for Todd, we decided it was time to walk back to the private entrance of Epcot and catch the boat to our next destination.

Continued in next post

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

As we were walking to the "private" entrance, I took some pictures along the way:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got to the boat dock and Todd and Nicki got all lovey dovey on us:

[​IMG]

Aren't they cute?

Anyone want to take a boat ride?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We reached our destination and exited the boat after it came to a complete stop and we were told it was safe to do so.

We were headed here:

[​IMG]

Can you guess where here is? Well, you all think about that until the next update.

11. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

you are at MGM of course, and going to ride TOT your favorite ride.:thumbsup2

that would be really neat to see remy there while eating...the kids would love that, will have to remember that for next trip.

was that the rest of the drink that nikki did not like? i thought it was the same cup she had in her dinning review.

12. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Awww the picture of Des and Mark dancing is so sweet! I can see why it would warm your heart.

13. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I love spending time around the World Showcase like that. The chair show at France is always very entertaining too.

I regret not spending time at the miniature village in Germany this time. DW wasn't in much of a mood to spend a lot of time at the WS this trip and we really missed out on a lot of the details.:(

The picture of Des dancing with Mark is priceless. :thumbsup2

Hollywood Studios... maybe you should have edited the film off of the bottom of the tree... :rolleyes1

14. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

That picture of Des and Mark dancing is adorable!

You headed to Hollywood Studios of course, I have several pictures of that same tree from about a week earlier than you! :goodvibes

15. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

No opening at EPCOT??? I have not made one in a long time. I guess no reason to really rush now.

EPCOT is great for strolling around. I am due for a slushie- I have missed it the last couple of times.

New TT a bust? Yeah I can see where the design thing doesnt add to the ride.

I love the trains in Germany and stop every time to see any decorations.

16. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

What a lovely afternoon y'all were having!

I'm glad to hear y'all liked Chefs. I really need to get over to the dining review. Chefs is on my "must try" list soon.

Looks like y'all got to DHS!

17. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

I love the pictures of Des dancing with Mark, that was so very sweet of her...I was in Italy getting a drink and walked up just as they finished their dance.

The pictures of us with the Story Teller was in France, I think it was after we finished lunch.

You took great photos my friend...I love looking at them and reliving our trip

The boat ride to HS was great wasnt it, beautiful weather and gorgeous views

18. blessedmom4

blessedmom4 WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many chi

Kathy, I just read something and thought of you and Mark, so I came over to post...and found a fabulous update. :flower3: Des becomes more endearing the more I hear/see of her. I am so thrilled you all had such a wonderful trip. Sounds like a fun weekend coming up with a very special birthday! When is the big day ~Please don't make me go back and look at last year to know? Happy Birthday Kathy!!! Oh and what I wanted to ask you...Have you heard of the “Year of the Ear” at Disney Parks? :listen::listen:

19. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Figures you would post an update after I got all caught up. :mad:

Are you really going to make me try to keep up with another report to hear about your food? (no offense Nicki!)

Maybe Andy decided he should drink some water for once. ;)

How sweet of your DIL to dance with Mark. :dance3:

Love Disney boats. I wouldn't mind driving them around when I retire. pirate:

Looks like you are heading to DHS. :wizard:

20. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

That is totally Mark! :lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao:

They should of gotten Mark in their promotion material! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

21. FreezinRafiki

FreezinRafiki Cold enough for ya?

I don't know if "enjoying" is the right word. It looks like he's about to spit out a tooth.

:thumbsup2

My favorite was one time on the WDW RailRoad, the conductor told us not to stand up until the train and the station were going the exact same speed. :rotfl2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.