6 possibly 7 people. accommodations?

ppiew

DIS Veteran
What is the best type accommodations for a group this size? We are 4 or 5 adults and 2 children, ages 6 and 10. We aren't interested in anything below a Cat 8 room. Is a suite out of reach financially and is it spacious enough? Thanks.

My family of 6 plus the MIL booked 2 Category 6 connecting rooms for much less than a suite would have costed. It still isn't "cheap" but I really wanted the verandah. Now after spending so much time on the DIS I think we would have also been very happy in 2 connecting 8 or 9's. Lesson learned.

If I am not mistaken, I believe only the Cat 2 or Cat 1 suites will accomodate your party. We are in a Cat 3 and the max was 5 ppl. These suites book waaaayyyyy in advance and the price depends on your dates.

I would look into two rooms instead. I can almost certainly guarantee it would be less expensive.

Hope that helps!

We aren't interested in anything below a Cat 8 room.

Just an FYI but a Category 9 is exactly the same as a Category 8, except for the deck they are located on. We really like the 9's on Deck 2 and they save us a few hundred dollars over the 8, even though there is no difference in the cabins.

You might want to avoid the Cat. 9's on Deck 1, however, as they have 2 small portholes instead of one large one that most people seem to prefer.

What is the best type accommodations for a group this size? We are 4 or 5 adults and 2 children, ages 6 and 10. We aren't interested in anything below a Cat 8 room. Is a suite out of reach financially and is it spacious enough? Thanks.

Only cat. 1 and 2 hold seven persons. We are on the 2007 NYE Magic 7 day cruise which is probably top dollar but to give you an idea for 7 the cost without transfers, insurance or airfare is $20,418.60.

We have also cruised in March, 2006 in two cat. 4's which came to $14,325.26 without transfers, insurance or airfare.

Both staterooms have plenty room. The Walt has more than enough room for all of us. In the cat. 4, we had 4 in one stateroom and 3 in the other.

I am sure others have had experiences in other categories and can help you with pricing.

Hope this helps with you decision making.

Unless you get one of the suites, which is very difficult on most cruises, cabins on cruise lines are not spacious. Bathrooms on cruise lines are not spacious. Think of the smallest bathroom that you have been in and reduce it by at least 1/2. And Disney has some of the largest staterooms in the industry. Besides sleeping and getting changed, there is nothing else to do in the cabins. The TV plays old Disney movies. There are so many things to do around the ship that you don't need a large stateroom.

We have travelled with my parents and it was very nice for them to have their OWN room. Some time we could relax without them, not trip over them when getting ready, have our own space. It was good. Too much togetherness can make for a stressful trip.

All of the rooms from cat 5 to cat 10 have the same layout, just different locations and window/verandah options. If you want to pick a certain location due to movement of the ship, I've found that the ship's stablizers do a good job so you probably won't feel the motion unless the waves are really high. And then it doesn't matter where you are on the ship. You feel the waves.

Thank you so much. We have been on several DCL cruises -1 a 7 day; 2- 4 day and 2-3 day (without family). just trying my darndest to figure out a way to house 6 or 7 people for a 3 day without breaking the bank. In the past we have been on Cat 5, & 8 staterooms. The balcony is of secondary importance - the space IS!!!! I thought about trying to get a suite, have no idea of the cost but do know they are darn near impossible to reserve. Need to know possibilities with a suite (if we are lucky) or an alternative (if we are NOT so lucky).

Thank you so much. We have been on several DCL cruises -1 a 7 day; 2- 4 day and 2-3 day (without family). just trying my darndest to figure out a way to house 6 or 7 people for a 3 day without breaking the bank. In the past we have been on Cat 5, & 8 staterooms. The balcony is of secondary importance - the space IS!!!! I thought about trying to get a suite, have no idea of the cost but do know they are darn near impossible to reserve. Need to know possibilities with a suite (if we are lucky) or an alternative (if we are NOT so lucky).

All cabins from Category 5-10 are the same size. The only difference is that the 5-7 cabins have a balcony. So, you won't get any more room by booking a Category 5 than a 10. Since you're just going on the 3-day why not book connecting or adjoining Category 10 cabins. We've sailed in an inside cabin and it was fine. Or, if you really need the natural light go with 2 9's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!