6 days out and may have to cancel

Successful surgery! Yes it was laparoscopic so much smaller incisions. With all things considered we are postponing Disney. Have no idea when we will go but looking forward to it already.

I am so very sorry for eveything you're going through. It never rains but it poors. Our hearts and thoughts are with you. The good thing about lap. surgery is the recovery time is quick. Disney isn't going anywhere and when you can you will get there.
Sending good thoughts your way.

It does seem amazing what a higher power feels we can handle...I am sorry for all you are going through.

One Friday my fil went to his dr after not feeling well for a couple days, well I received a text from my dh saying "Dad headed to Boston, had heart attack..." WHAT? Called him immediately to find that fil had a heart attack tues, worked wed&thurs. So, I called my father (fil and he are close friends). Couldn't get hold of him - he NEVER goes anywhere - finally get a call from him and HE is in the hospital!!! Auuugh!!! My dad wound up having emergency gall bladder surgery late that night, and that next week fil had open heart surgery/triple bypass. It does indeed seem to all come at once.

I will keep you in my thoughts!

:hug: So sorry for everything you are going through.

I'm glad your DW's surgery went well. Sorry you had to postpone WDW too, but at least thank goodness all of this did not happen right in the middle of your WDW trip. I had a friend whose appendix went bad while she was on vacation, and she refused to go to a doctor until she got home claiming it wasn't her appendix, and by the time she got home it had burst and she was in bad shape and wound up in the hospital for over a week. At least you caught it before your trip and before it burst. Hoping your DW has a speedy recovery.

My mom passed away about three hours ago It was very peaceful and we have faith as she believed all her life, that she is in a much better place. Her celebration of life service ( and a wonderful life it was) will be Friday.

The surgeon stopped by a while ago and was very pleased with the progress that DW had made and said she should be able to go home afte she has breakfast tomorrow. No driving or heavy lifting for two weeks BUT he gave the green light to Disney!!!!

I'm going to confirm with my office that since I had to be out so much this week I is still ok for next weeks leave as well. I've only been there 30 years so maybe they will let me go!

Fingers crossed but I need that trip. I'm beat.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom - but thankful that you have the peace of knowing where she is. Glad your DW is doing well, too.

I hope your trip is wonderful & healing. I happened to have trips (albeit not to WDW) after the death of two dear family members - leaving the night of my Grandmother's funeral & day after my Aunt's - and they were the best things I could have done. I had weepy moments but overall it was so helpful to my healing. I hope and pray it will be the same for you.

I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss, but it sounds like you are at peace with her passing - beautiful that her service is called a 'celebration of life'. A Disney trip can heal much, and if you and your wife are up for it, it might very well be the best thing for you all. Hoping for pixie dust and sunshine in your future. :)

Good gracious. I work in an ICU and I think I have met many relatives of Job. Many times I have sent a family member to the ER to have them admitted or had family visit in wheelchairs and gowns from other floors. Life seems to hit people like that. I'm glad to hear that your mother went peacefully and that you are blessed with peace.
Hugs for the moments that may feel less peaceful and best wishes for Disney magic!

Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.:grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. Wishing your DW a speedy recovery and hoping you have a wonderful trip!

So sorry for your loss. I love that your family is celebrating your Mom's life and happiness, sounds like she would want you to go celebrate your life and be happy in Disney! Glad your wife is doing well, I hope you are able to have a wonderful, relaxing, fun, healing time in Disney!

So sorry for your loss, but glad you can take comfort in your mother's life of faith. Hope everything works out for your Disney trip.

Very sorry for your loss and the stress of your DW's appendicitis, which, while the surgery was successful, still is more stress on top of an already stressful time.

I do hope that you can enjoy your trip as soon as possible. Years ago when my grandfather died and we made the trip to Florida for the funeral my mom and I took a side trip to Universal for the day. It was very cathartic to get our minds off of everything as much as we could for that day. I still cherish that trip despite the main reason for it. Take care and God bless.

Thank you all once again for letting me sharing "the worst week of m life" with you. Yep I am very tired from worry, stress and concern and still have the service to go through, but I actually have a better mental state than 36 hours ago. All plans have been finalized and set for the service, DW is home and is just incredible how quickly she is bouncing back, and we will continue the plans to be in Orlando on Saturday---for a trip that is much needed.

The only change that will take place will be our method of touring. Normally we go commando style but not gonna do that now. We know what park we wil be at each day and have some ADR's but will do mostly CS and just play it by ear. If DW gets tired and wants to go back to the resort, than that's what we will do. If we don't make RD, then we don't make RD. This will be more therapeutic than anything for both of us. We were just there in late May/June so WDW has not changed THAT much since June.

Again many, many thanks for offering support this week. Even though we do not know each other, we share a bond in our love for all things Disney and in this thread in particular.

You're the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter