6-5-4-3-2-1...SAILAWAY!!! NY-CANADA June 17, 2012 /The End. Complete. Done!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by HermanTriplets+1, Jul 8, 2012.

1. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

Hi Folks:wave2:!!!!
    I can honestly say that back in 2011 when I started my PTR, I never thought I'd survive to see the day I would start my TR!!! Here I am. Sigh...:upsidedow! We returned home only yesterday, after a three week journey which started with the AMAZING trip on the DCL Magic, and ended with an adult-only visit to Roma. Could anyone ask for more:lovestruc?
    I took notes - lots of them! So be reassured that there's lots to come. I only just started to sort pictures online. Be reassured, lots to come:rotfl:!
    Our Dis group was wonderful, I enjoyed meeting those that I did meet and enjoyed getting FEs from many that I didn't really meet, but feel that I did:grouphug:! If that made any sense! I tried to take pics of FE gifts but some "got away" without being photographed. We took lots of pics of desserts. Didn't take food pics other than ... junk food / desserts:cool1:! I have so much to tell you, but ask away as well. Puleeeeeeese!
    Here's one picture just to get us started:

[​IMG]

Setting sail down the Hudson. The picture speaks for itself!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

4. Susan R

Susan R Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear how you did on your trip!

Susan

5. DisneyDream2B

DisneyDream2B Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about your trip - enjoyed your pre-trip comments so much. Thanks for sharing!

Questions we have:
    Any advice on boarding at the NYC terminal? Is it obvious where to 'line up'?

Were you happy with your hotel selection in NYC? We're still wavering on whether to spend $450/night to be very close to the port, vs $200-$300 to stay a bit farther away.

Were there any Canada-specific activities or talks during this cruise, not to be missed?

Where would you recommend viewing the sail away, for best views/photos of NYC?

Any special menus, late night foods on this cruise?

Did you notice Canada or NYC themed DCL clothing or other souvenirs in the on-board shops?

Did you notice lighthouses other than at the ports?

Again, many thanks for sharing with us!

6. HermanTriplets+1

Thanks for jumping on everyone!
    Here are some answers for the winner of the "first question" award!

7. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

looking forward to hearing about your adventures. we just booked the 9/2 sailing.

8. curlz2tite

curlz2tite Mouseketeer

looking forward to all you have to share!

9. annichan

annichan There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath

I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip! We start for ours in 7 weeks time and I'm more than happy for any last-minute tips. :goodvibes

10. purplern

purplern DIS Veteran

Cant wait to hear more!!!!

11. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

I love the pic! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jill in CO

12. Thorb73

Thorb73 Tinker, Pooh and their kids

Since we have our cruise coming up we are very excited to get any insider info!
    :thumbsup2

13. StephandDick

StephandDick Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your report! We are on the 9/2 Canada cruise. :)

14. epcotrulz

epcotrulz Mouseketeer

looking forward to your report -- and the merch pics -- haven't seen any yet -- i always like buying a itinerary specific t-shirt or sweatshirt . . . we are on the 9/12 sailing

15. BenitaN

BenitaN Earning My Ears

Ditto

16. lpizzuro123

lpizzuro123 DIS Veteran

Yeah - so glad you started this TR. I dewy enjoyed reading your planning. Looking forward to reading more and more pictures. We leave September 7th and cant wait.

Linda

17. HermanTriplets+1

Thanks for joining the fun, everyone!
    Hope to get more up after work. It's been painful to wake up early to go to work since yesterday. But there is some comfort in returning to a routine. And what better way to fill up the cruise fund??!!:thumbsup2

18. Carol36

Carol36 DIS Veteran

19. dthogue

dthogue <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

Anxiously awaiting more - we are on the Sept 7th sailing and are very interested in the details for the jet boat tour.

:coffee:

20. HermanTriplets+1

Hi Tammy,
    I'll get to "Day 4 - Saint John" sometime, but until then I can tell you that we LOVED the jet boats! DH did not ride. He doesn't do "thrill". He was the designated photographer and bag-watcher. You get wet, though. It might be a bit cold in September. Well, maybe not much more cold that it was in June! It was "refreshing"! In a sort of cold water in your face sort of way! The driver spun the boat a bunch and found some "dips" that would then cause a big wave and splash. If you like mild thrills and water, don't miss it:cool1:!

21. HermanTriplets+1

In addition to the traditional "Day 1, Day 2" format, I'm going to do a few "sidebars" on topics of particular interest. Or, rather, on subjects that I took lots of pictures of and want to group together.

Sidebar 1: Souvenirs!

A lot of people on the DIS were interested in what special NY-Canada souvenirs were onboard. So I took pictures of whatever I found! Also a few of other souvenirs we liked (hats) and some of what we bought. Here goes:

Yes I bought these! For ME!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Statue and a christmas ornament:
    [​IMG]

I don't know about you, but I don't get why they call this itinerary Canada and New England Coast. Is Eastern Canada considered New England Coast? We didn't see any other coast that Eastern Canada and New York Harbor.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photo album and kids' t-shirt:
    [​IMG]

Magnet:
    [​IMG]

Scrapbook and supplies, hat and shirt set, and Halifax Mickey (I liked this one!):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I find more pics, I'll add them. Thought I'd taken more of the shirts and sweatshirts. Maybe because I wasn't excited by them I skipped them? There were also lots of "women's" designs and cuts. And some other colors and styles of the above designs.