6:30 ADR at Whispering Canyon - will I miss Chip and Dale?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CaryHaven, Aug 27, 2013.

1. CaryHaven

CaryHaven Mouseketeer

Taking our kids for the marshmallow roast but really wanted to eat at Whispering Canyon. I made the ADR too late I think. Do they show up closer to 7 or 8? We'd be going Sep 20.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

We haven't done it, but the WDW website here shows the time as 8:00 PM, so you should be pretty good. With an hour to eat and a half hour to catch a boat and bus over there it should be close but still work out pretty well. Enjoy!

4. CaryHaven

CaryHaven Mouseketeer

Is it a boat ride away? I thought it was near/in the WL and then I heard it was a few minutes walk to the campground.

5. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

Yes, you'd have to take the boat. The walk is not lighted and it's not close.

If I were you, I'd either change my reservation to much earlier, get a reservation at Trails End at FW instead, or just eat at Roaring Forks in WL before going to the Campfire.

6. tobikaye

tobikaye DIS Veteran

From WL to FW, you would have 3 options:

1. Boat
    2. Bus
    3. Walk

Once you get to FW, you will need to either walk or take an internal bus to the Meadows Trading Post. The walk is about 15-20 minutes.

7. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

It would be very close if you made it. It is highly unlikely you will get seated at WCC at your time and then by the time you eat and get there, I agree with HM, I would change it.

I would not walk it after dark, and the boat can be slow.

8. CaryHaven

CaryHaven Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I've decided to go a day earlier to the sing-a-long. I'd hate to miss it but I don't want to rush through an expensive meal either. Since it was brought up, do they often lag far behind in the reserved times? I USUALLY don't have to wait far beyond our reserved time.