6/29/15 Magic to Norway & Iceland

Looking for advice!

I am not on this sailing but will be on the 6/17/16 trip (or 17/06/16 for some). Which excursions did you book that weren't through DCL and how far in advance did you book them? I've already booked my Kirkwall tour but didn't know if there were any else that I should jump on. I will probably do a few DCL excursions but I am only Silver so I am worried about being boxed out when my booking window opens. Which ports booked the fastest for non-DCL tours?

Thanks!

MeeskaMooska 13,

Here are the companies we are using for the 6/29/15 sailing:

Oslo - guidservice.no (this seems to be a general guide service for Oslo handling a large number of guides) - booked in January
Reykjavik - discover.is (both days) We originally had f-stoptours.com booked for the first day, but DCL swapped the Reykjavik and Akureyi dates back in Feb and I was unable to reschedule for the new date with him. I was bummed, as Mike seems like a really good guy and we had been emailing back and forth customizing our tour to exactly what we wanted. But my son is excited that we get two days in the "super jeeps" now. Woo Hoo!
Akureyri - inspiration-iceland.com
Kirkwall - orkneyaspects.com.uk - booked in August
Stavenger and Kristiansand - the Mouse

The Iceland tours were originally booked in the August / September timeframe and then rebooked in mid-Feb when DCL changed our itinerary.

Hope this helps! i used TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic to research the tour guides in each port.

Thanks Pens Fan! Great information!
And thanks also to DizDragonfly!

DizDragonfly, are you in port overnight? If so, is your tour for both days?

Thanks Pens Fan! Great information!
And thanks also to DizDragonfly!

DizDragonfly, are you in port overnight? If so, is your tour for both days?

Like 3princessMommy, we have tours booked with them for three days, both Reykjavik days and the day in Akureyri. They are based in Reykjavik and do not normally operate in Akureyri. They had been considering expanding there when they were asked by a member of this group for a reference for a tour company for that area. They decided to ship in their vehicles and guides to provide tours for folks specifically on our sailing. So, I can't say whether or not they will be doing it again next year. It likely depends on how things go for them with our sailing coming up.

I have recently started a new job, and due to the time constraints of it I am going to have to withdraw from the FE. The new job is taking up more of my free time than expected and I don't have the time to prepare for the FE.

At least I still will get to go on the trip.

Latest FE list:

Cabin #-------------DISName---------------------#Adults-----#Kids-----Misc.
2058.........3PrincessMommy & BigAWL .................2..............3 DD (13, 11, 8)
GTY............KathyinCitrus....................................2..............0........Nothing Fancy
GTY............Wendy151950...................................2..............0
GTY...............JenGud..........................................2..............2........Nut Allergy
GTY................Megs2..........................................2..............3
6608..............Wrabitdad.....................................2..............0
1037..............Disneyxpert...................................2..............0
GTY..............JustLoveEeyore................................2.............2
GTY..............IHalem............................................2.............2
7625..............Jetedso..........................................3.............0
8598.............MUG318CA......................................2.............0
7619...............grgsil............................................2.............0
GTY (2)..........Col32000.......................................2..........3DD, 1DS....No alcohol
GTY..........Travelingfamilyof3................................2...........1DD (9)
GTY..............TexasJules.......................................1...........2DS (8 & 6)

Please go in and check your reservations. I hear that GTY have started being assigned. You'll find the information on your cruise page. It would be great if we could get cabin numbers assigned to all of these!

Joann

Latest FE list:

2058.........3PrincessMommy & BigAWL .................2..............3 DD (13, 11, 8)
GTY............KathyinCitrus....................................2..............0........Nothing Fancy
GTY...............JenGud..........................................2..............2........Nut Allergy
GTY................Megs2..........................................2..............3
6608..............Wrabitdad.....................................2..............0
1037..............Disneyxpert...................................2..............0
GTY..............IHalem............................................2.............2
7625..............Jetedso..........................................3.............0
7619...............grgsil............................................2.............0
GTY (2)..........Col32000.......................................2..........3DD, 1DS....No alcohol
GTY..........Travelingfamilyof3................................2...........1DD (9)
GTY..............TexasJules.......................................1...........2DS (8 & 6)

Please go in and check your reservations. I hear that GTY have started being assigned. You'll find the information on your cruise page. It would be great if we could get cabin numbers assigned to all of these!

Joann

TexasJules and kids are Cabin 2026!

Updated FE List:

2026..............TexasJules.......................................1...........2DS (8 & 6)

Please keep those cabin numbers coming!!!!

This is the info we have. If folks provide additional information, I'll post it. I'm trying to keep this FE as simple as possible since all information needs to be posted here and we can't link to a more elaborate (easier to update) spreadsheet.

GTY................Patinm..........................................2.............0

I know the GTY watch has started. So as soon as you find out your cabin number, please let me know so I can update the list. For those of you with kids, if you'd like to post the ages/genders, I'll be happy to update.

Thanks!

We have our room - 5122 for FE

Is there a cutoff date so we can start planning for FE?

Thanks!

Updated FE List:

2026..............TexasJules.......................................1...........2DS (8 & 6)

Please keep those cabin numbers coming!!!!
We are in room 2644.

My boys are 2 and 9

Funny thing when I was looking at the deck plans for the 10C cabins for the GTY there were 2 cabins I hoped we were not assigned. Guess what, We got one of them.

But I am happy to be going, and I am only there to sleep and change. We will have a fabulous time.

Funny thing when I was looking at the deck plans for the 10C cabins for the GTY there were 2 cabins I hoped we were not assigned. Guess what, We got one of them.

But I am happy to be going, and I am only there to sleep and change. We will have a fabulous time.

Platinmn it may be possible for a room switch. It might be worth a call to DCL to see if there is another room available. I didn't like my first assignment and I bumped up a category for a couple hundred bucks. Note to self: don't book a GTY category you won't be comfortable with.

It isn't that I am uncomfortable with the room. It was just my least desired in that category. Like I said I will just use it for sleeping and changing.

Earlier today there were 10C cabins open on the website. It may not hurt to call and see if there is another room available.

Currently here is the FE list, still waiting on several GTYs to post cabin #'s:

2644..............JustLoveEeyore..............................2..............2DS (2&9)
5122 (2)..........Col32000......................................2..........3DD, 1DS....No alcohol
2026..............TexasJules.....................................1...........2DS (8 & 6)

We said Memorial Day would be the cut off to give a month for planning. But if you need more time, we can move it up. I'm not anticipating many more adding now that we've passed paid-in-full and cabin assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter