• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5th park theme confirmed its....

At the end of the MGM Backlot tour - there is a poster announing a new Villians Exhibit that will be opening at MGM. Our Tour Guide confirmed that a section of the backlot building is being redone for the Villians Exhibit, but was not willing to give any more details. Perhaps it is a test to determine the response to more villians related attractions?

It sounds like a cool idea. I never liked the idea of beatly Kingdom, well the idea was good but the name-yuck.

Personally I'd rather see them stop building and give Epcot the TLC it deserves. They should wait until they get things back to the way it use to be(no cutbacks) before they even consider building a new park or resort.

Well, I'm home from my trip, and have looked at some of the responses this generated. When I posted this from DisQuest, the keyboards sucked, and I was running short on time so I didn't elaborate too much. The guy doing the survey and I talked for a few minutes about it (the "villlians" park). He said that it would be more "thrill ride" oriented, and try to take some of the business away from Islands of Adventure. He made it very clear that it was just what he had been told, and that it wasn't an "official release". When I posted this info, I didn't bother to search the board, so for all I knew someone may have posted something "official" about it, and I was just elaborating on that info. I'm sorry to the folks that think I'm trying to dredge up an old subject.

It was Tuesday that I heard this, on Thursday, I spent some time talking to a bus driver. I didn't get his name, but he said he had been with the company for 27 years. I mentioned what I had heard about the new park, and he said "That has been floating around here forever". He said that MGM, and Animal Kingdom were discussed for many years before they were built. So, overall, it sounds like this may go more along the lines of the "rumor rather than fact" type of tidbit. But, I do find it odd that the original guy would mention it to me before doing my survey. None of the survey questions asked about the idea for a new park, but maybe they mention it and try to note the response? Maybe a survey taker could get on here and let us know if something like that would happen.... you know... a "What would you think of a "Villians" park, and then a place for the survey taker to "Rate guest's Reaction".

Anyway, the only other thing I heard that could qualify as a "rumor" is that "Pop Century" is ready to open (some of the buildings - not all of them), but they don't have the busses available to service the resort. I got some photo's of the resort (as good as I could get speeding by in my bus), and I'll post them up here when I get a chance. But the bus driver that told me this also said that they may not even finish the unfinished parts of Pop Century until the resort occupancy gets back up.

An exciting bit of information, but I feel that if done right, they could develop the concept of the Mythical Beast area in Animal Kingdom and have that compete with IOA. I don't see any need for a 5th gate, when the 4th hasn't been close to fully developed.

It's a great theme for a land. I agree with most of the posters that I'd much rather see extended hours, (especially in the off seasons which is when we go every year, 5pm for MK! Jeez.) than an additional park. I bet the Imagineers would have a ball with these rides!!

This is what I think - I think that everyone thought the idea of villain land was a good one, it went from park, to an area of MK where the 20K lagoon was, to the Festival of the Lion King theatre - I believe that Mickey's Philharmagic is the left over step child of the Villian land. By that I mean that I think that Mickey's Philharmagic is what the end result of this line of thinking was.

One unrelated thing - if they wanted to survey people about it, they would just go ahead ask people - it would be much more reliable than asking the survey people to rate a reaction.

And I agree with everybody - I'd rather see a spruced up epcot, a villain land or ride at MK or MGM, and an additional land at AK (and I'd still really like to see fire mt.) than see a 5th gate-
DR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter