50s Prime Time with a shy one (or two)

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
DD and I would LOVE to eat here. My youngest will think it's funny if he is in the right mood, however, my middle one has some "stuff" that makes him anxious in new situations. Is there a way to indicate to the hostess so the waitstaff can not give him a hard time? Or is it pretty much you get what you get?

It seems the waitstaff is always sensitive to kids who don't want to be singled out. They picked on me way more than my 2 kids. However, if you are concerned, you can always pull your server to the side and let her/him know.

The servers will pick up on who is in to it and who is not. Those customers who play along will get the most attention.

Our server said she didn't pick on the kids "because she likes the kids, not the adults." I would imagine that your server will recognize that your kid is not into it (if they aren't). If they don't, don't be shy about telling them. I recommend it. The fried chicken was awesome! We have 2 shy kids DD2.5 and DD6, and they loved the place. My oldest loved the fact that her daddy was getting in trouble by the waitress. Of course, he was doing stuff to get in trouble on purpose (other than the elbows on the table thing - that's just a habit) but she was in stitches most of the time. The table next to us was in trouble all the time and it was just the funniest thing to her - adults getting in trouble. My 2.5 YO was too busy with a waitress that was cleaning up one of the rooms they had shut down already (we had a late ADR). That waitress played peek-a-boo with her most of our dinner!

Oh good. That is very reassuring. I wasn't sure if they just consistently stuck to their act or if they adjusted to the table. DD really thinks it would be fun to go here and my boys will think it's very funny if mom gets in trouble. (Just don't ask that middle one to talk to anyone he doesn't know!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter