50's Prime Time Question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by TwoCortWort, Jan 21, 2013.

1. mfd25wife

mfd25wife DIS Veteran

Yes, you can ask. I'm just the opposite and like thighs and legs. I also am allergic to gluten so I ask for GF chicken, dark meat only. I can't have the gravy since it has gluten so I know you won't have a problem with that either.

Edited to add funny story: On one trip, I ordered the chicken dark meat only. They forgot and brought me mixed. The server caught it and said, "oh no. Your chicken is wrong. I'll fix that". Now, you get something like 4 pieces of chicken with that meal. The server left the original and brought 4 more. We all still laugh at how hungry people around us must have thought I was to end up with 8 pieces of chicken.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BoosGram

BoosGram Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

We ate at 50s in December w/my DD who has Celiac's. They were very accommodating, even making her mashed potatoes w/o any dairy; she loved it. As PPs have stated, all you have to do is ask; the CMs will do their best to make you happy. BTW, the fried chicken is my favorite (used to be the pot roast, which is also good).

4. Phil Cirrone

Phil Cirrone Mouseketeer

The service there is great

5. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Yep - you can request white meat only. And no gravy for your potatoes. All extremely easy at Disney World.

And really - at any restaurant. My husband will order a salad without any cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, etc. He basically wants lettuce, cheese and croutons. And he gets it every single time at any restaurant we go to. He even orders extra dressing. We split meals. We order just appetizers or just desserts. We get what we want, tip accordingly and have a nice meal. Don't worry about it.

Speak up - tell the server what you want.