$50 OBC for using Disney Visa

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sdjen, Dec 27, 2010.

1. sdjen

sdjen DIS Veteran

Quick question for all of the experienced cruisers out there.

I used the Disney Visa to pay for my whole cruise (to get the 0% financing). I was under the impression that that would give me an additional $50 in OBC in addition to the $25 OBC I got for booking online.

However, when I go into my reservation, it is only showing the $25 OBC that I can see. For those of you that got the $50 OBC did it show up on your reservation when you log in online?

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Details from DisneyRewards.com:

4. rosiep

rosiep <font color=deeppink>I don't drink, I try to conve

Where do you find your OBC listed on your reservation?

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Since my TA takes care of it, I don't see it on my reservation. However, you MUST put the Disney Visa code on the reservation or you won't get it. Sometimes a nice CM will add the code later provided you met all the conditions, but that is not what the documentation says.

6. mrbudyhed

mrbudyhed Mouseketeer

I asked about this specifically. I was worried I missed my window since I didn't mention it at the time of booking. I was told that after I paid in full, then I should call Disney Visa and Disney and request the $50 OBC. However, I don't know if what I was told by the Disney CM was actually true because I then got the KSF and didn't qualify for the $50.

7. rosiep

Thank you, I made my reservations through an agent and followed all the guidelines. I'm entitled to $125 and now I know why it's not shown at the Disney site.

8. andrewsmommy

andrewsmommy Mouseketeer

I called and confirmed it was on there, they say it is, but it doesn't show up on the ressie. Another dis'r said they never do - but it will be there once you're on board.

9. Presentation

Presentation DIS Veteran

10 Disney cruises taken, 2 more booked.

Most of these we used our Disney Visa for payment for the 1% incentive.
    Never got an OBC for using it once.

I ask every time. I keep getting told the various promotions are either, not both, and the promotion I’m taking advantage of at any given time is better than $50 off.

I do not know how to get the 10% onboard booking discount and $50 Disney visa on board credit. I did get the 10% + $250 OBC promo earlier this year.

If anyone here knows how to get both, please let us know what you are doing.

10. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

In general, you cannot "double up" on promotions. If a promotion requires a code (such as Disney Visa, KSF, FL res), you can only use one. The only one that can usually be combined with others is the online booking $25 credit--it does not require a code.

If you got KSF, rebooking on board, etc. those cannot be combined with the Disney Visa credit, but they are far better deals than $50. The easiest way to think about it is that you can get ONE code credit from Disney and can then get whatever your TA might give you. A TA CAN get you both the online booking credit and the Disney Visa credit (or any other one code credit).

It's like if you can't get anything else, you can get the Disney Visa credit. If you qualify for anything else, the "anything else" is usually more $.

11. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

I checked with my TA regarding the Disney Visa and was told I only will receive the $25 OBC...

12. mdezot

mdezot Mouseketeer

Hi, I was also wondering where you can see your credit when you look at your reservation. Thanks.:goodvibes

13. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

I was told (and found it to be true) that if you call DCL after you've paid in full with your Disney Visa, that they will add the $50 OBC to your account. You can get this OBC in addition to the $25 booking online OBC. It's one of the few "doubling up" on OBC's that actually works. However, the only one that shows on your reservation is the $25 OBC. The $50 one does not. But if you call DCL (or your TA if you have one) they can verify that the $50 Disney Visa one is there. I did not have the code when I booked, but had NO problem getting it added to my reservation. I've told this to several other people, and they also have had no problem getting it added.

Sayhello

14. JasonDVC

JasonDVC DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I am going to call DCL immediately after paying in full as well. :thumbsup2

15. rosiep

My TA assures me that I got both the Disney Visa credit, and the online booking credit as well as a credit for using her travel agency.

16. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

There is never a conflict between DCL OBC's and TA OBC's. They are completely separate. It's only DCL OBC's that you have to worry about "doubling up" on.

Congrats on your OBC's!

Sayhello

17. rosiep

Thank you! It's my very first cruise and I'm soooooooo excited!

18. so_oregon

so_oregon Disney Cruise Fanatic

I checked and I have

KSF
    obc through disney for visa
    obc from TA

for each room (I have 3)