5 Tickets to Paradise Trip Report Part 11: Last Day in Hawaii. Updated 3/29/15

MissDaisyofTexas

DIS Veteran
We just got back from Hawaii on Monday afternoon! We spent 5 nights at Aulani and 2 nights in Waikiki. I still need to get organized to write a trip report, but for now here is our vacation music video:

Hello! I started the trip report on my personal blog and had planned on copying it over here...but I am having trouble getting my photo files to upload on here, even after I re-sized them smaller. The only way I can get them on here is to store them in my dropbox and then link to them, but I'm running out of room. So I guess for now I'll just put a link to my blog.

Here is the first installment: Getting there

http://savingforadream.blogspot.com/2015/03/hawaii-trip-report-part-1-getting-there.html

love it so far-I really liked how you documented all of the areas of the diamond head hike.

love it so far-I really liked how you documented all of the areas of the diamond head hike.
Thank you! I like to write about details so that we can look back and remember. Vacations are so short (we usually are gone no longer than a week) so I like to stretch out the memories. :)

I just read the first day. Ugh on the traffic! I am worried about this for us too. We plan to hit Deans Drive In (from Diners, Drive ins and Dives) which is the opposite direction from Aulani. Then when we drive to Aulani, we don't have to drive through town again. We will see how this works out for us! Annoying about the people reclining. That is so hard. It totally sucks, but yet the seats do recline so I guess they can recline them. I just don't feel bad when I knock the seat everytime my kids drop something on the floor! ;)

Okay... read second part. Wow- I am impressed your daughter did the hike! Way to go! Awww on the marriage proposal. We go to a lot of Diamondbacks games and I swear I am the kiss cam proposal jinx. I haven't seen one in two seasons, but my husband sees one everytime he goes without me!

I just read the first day. Ugh on the traffic! I am worried about this for us too. We plan to hit Deans Drive In (from Diners, Drive ins and Dives) which is the opposite direction from Aulani. Then when we drive to Aulani, we don't have to drive through town again. We will see how this works out for us! Annoying about the people reclining. That is so hard. It totally sucks, but yet the seats do recline so I guess they can recline them. I just don't feel bad when I knock the seat everytime my kids drop something on the floor! ;)

We even thought the highway traffic was bad out by Aulani! But then again, we both work from home and don't commute during rush hour, so we're probably a little jaded by that. :)

We had much more room on our Hawaiian Airlines flight on the way back!

We had much more room on our Hawaiian Airlines flight on the way back!

Oooh good to know- we are flying Hawaiian!

Wow- great visual on the Aunty's line. This stresses me out a bit, but my kids are up by 5:45 anyway (so that means one of us is too...). So, getting there early isn't really a huge deal, other than the pain of standing in line! One of us will go down and get in line and the other will hang in the room with the kids or take them to the pool or whatever. Good to know that by 8:00- the process doesn't take too long. Was there any of the activities that the kids felt were must dos, or any that they didn't love?

Last edited:
Loved your video! Did you use a go pro to shoot? And what type of waterproof camera do you have?

Oooh good to know- we are flying Hawaiian!

Wow- great visual on the Aunty's line. This stresses me out a bit, but my kids are up by 5:45 anyway (so that means one of us is too...). So, getting there early isn't really a huge deal, other than the pain of standing in line! One of us will go down and get in line and the other will hang in the room with the kids or take them to the pool or whatever. Good to know that by 8:00- the process doesn't take too long. Was there any of the activities that the kids felt were must dos, or any that they didn't love?

Besides Surf's Up and Fish are Friends, my kids only did the hula lesson, space goo with Stitch and the Menehune musical mix-up. They liked all the classes! But later in the week, we didn't have as much time to go to Aunty's and my kids said they wanted free play time in there. There was a volcano experiment class that looked cool, but it was at the same time as the Starlit Hui.

Loved your video! Did you use a go pro to shoot? And what type of waterproof camera do you have?

Thanks! We didn't use a go pro, but the surfing company used a go pro for the photos of my boys surfing. Our waterproof camera is a Lumix DC Vario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter