5 in a value studio

jennilouwho

DIS Veteran
Hi there! We are thinking about renting points for a value studio at AKL. We will have me, DH, and my sons, 8, 6, and 1. Can I fit a pack in play in there? I know it won't be real roomy, but we want to stay at AKL for a week and then AoA Suites the week after to give us more breathing room. Is it better to just pay more and do a standard hotel room at AKL?

In all honesty, I just can't see the 5 of you fitting comfortably in a value studio. Once the sofa bed is open there truly isn't a lot of space left and I can't think of where the baby's pack 'n play would fit comfortably. :scratchin

Hi there! We are thinking about renting points for a value studio at AKL. We will have me, DH, and my sons, 8, 6, and 1. Can I fit a pack in play in there? I know it won't be real roomy, but we want to stay at AKL for a week and then AoA Suites the week after to give us more breathing room. Is it better to just pay more and do a standard hotel room at AKL?

You might squeeze it in the bathroom sink area. But then no one will be able to go to the toilet/shower/tub room.

Value villas need 11 months to book. A standard studio might work, but it also would be tight. The value villas are three feet shorter in depth than the standard and savanna villas. So the sleeper sofa is closer to the window and bed.

The value studio has 316 sf. Value rooms have about 260 sf. POFQ has 314 sf. But the bathroom and kitchenette take up a lot more space in the studios than they do in these other resorts.

Heya!

We were looking at suites or a value for our trip in February, but we have a 14 year old, a 16 year old, my hubbie and baby who will be two....

We are doing 11 days at the campground instead and renting a giant trailer - better set up, lots more space, and parking at your door!

Just a thought we are pretty excited about it!

It's my personal opinion that the DVC studios were designed for singles or couples, or at most, a couple with a young child. Remember, the occupancy limits represent the maximum number of people that can occupy a room without violating the fire code. Not the number of people who can occupy a room comfortably.

Will Disney let your party stay in a value studio? Yes. Will it be comfortable? In my opinion, no, certainly not for a week. Go for a room at AKL, at least you'll have two beds and room to walk around. Or, even a bunk bed room. That'll give you ample room for the Pack n Play.

Thanks so much for the info! I think we will go for a bunk bed room then. I appreciate the info! It's on my bucket list to stay there. We will make it somehow :-)

A studio at Kidani was a squeeze for 3 adults, we couldn't have stayed there longer because once the sofa bed was out, there wasn't much room at all. Mum managed to get out to the balcony without waking me in the sofa bed though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter