5/12 4 day wonder report

AngieB

Earning My Ears
Still unpacking, still rubbing moisterizer over sunburnt shoulders, but wanted to sdrop a note....

We had a great time. The service was wonderful, the atmosphere great, and a good time was had by all.

We did the blue lagoon excursion in Nassau and my 8yo dd did the dolphin enounter - which was wonderful. The time we spent at the beach there was very nice. I'm glad we did that instead of wandering the streets of Nassau. Without kids, we might have just done that, but for the kids, the island wasn't crowded, they had a little playground, hammocks and a very nice beach.

The food was a little scarce in the afternoon, unless you wanted a hot dog or ice cream. We did end up ordering crackers, cheese and fruit plate almost every afternoon to tide us over till dinner. The service at dinner was incredible and I had several very good meals.

Casatway Cay was the worse - it was just soo crowded. I wouldn't go again this time of year - I'd go in January or some other time when it wasn't as full - there were 2063 guests this week.

The kids programs for the 8yo were great - she did seveal of them and enjoyed them. She wasn't one to just hang out there - she joined them for a few programs.

The pools were nice - especially for the toddler. I wish they had more family time in the nursery - she really enjoyed that, although she hated the one evening
she spent there.

It was Kaylyn's birthday on Monday and they did a great job celebrating it - I was very impressed. A beautiful cake, a lovely enamel pin and singing by half a dozen servers made her feel very special.

Would we go again? Probably, though not until my youngest one is 5 or older. It was just really hard getting through a long formal dinner with a little one. Plus, if we take her again, I want her to have a memory of it! I wouldn't go as a couple without kids, though, but that's just me.

I definately wouldn't do the 3 day one - we wouldn't have been ready to leave. But on the 4th night the boat was rocking so hard, the goofy pool had tidal waves and I was worshipping the porcelain god. By late Wednesday night, it was ok to pack to leave.

Oh - we did have an interesting problem on Thursday. We arrived back at the airport Thirsday morning at 9:3- and our flight was moved back from 8:30 to 9:45 pm and there were no earlier flights and they wouldn't check our bags, so we had two kids and 12 hours to kill. Blessedly, the Airport Hyatt has a $60 day rate and we spent a blissful day there swimming, napping and relaxing. We picked up Pizza Hut from lunch at the aiport, then checked out and had Chilis for dinner. It worked out really well.

Another family on our flight had the same problem and they went to WDW and regretted it. The kids were exhausted, tired and cranky and they had spent a ton of money on tickets they didn't really enjoy.HTH

Hope I didn't bore you! Thanks for all the tips beforehand - it really helped!

Hello, Angie B! I enjoyed reading your report, and I'm glad you had an enjoyable cruise but sorry to hear you thought Castaway Cay was too crowded. I would be very interested to know why you wouldn't cruise on Disney's ships without children? Just curious. :D Hubby and I were on the 7-night Magic cruise in January '01, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. Our kids are grown and on their own, so it was just the two of us on the cruise and we had an absolutely fantastic time! Lots of things to do, and we enjoyed the separate areas for adults, especially the gorgeous beach at Castaway Cay. We are booked on the Magic (Western) next January and we're already counting down the days until we're back on that beautiful ship! :D

I am also curious about why you would not want to cruise DCL without kids. I am married but have never had children. On May 12 I was on the Wonder totally solo in a Cat. 7 and absolutely LOVED it! I enjoyed the leisure time and total freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted. I would think not taking kids would be a nice change for a couple. I saw a lot of parents who seemed stressed out over their kids. I guess I'll always be a child at heart, but I ENJOY everything Disney and having the time to revel in it was a real pleasure. I'll keep on cruising DCL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter