4yr old daughter, stroller?

Bricket

Mouseketeer
Mods: Can this be moved to the appropriate forum please? So sorry!

Will a regular umbrella stroller suffice or should we rent a stroller? Or perhaps borrow a bigger one from family or invest in one?

What are the stroller rental costs at each park?

Our daughter is not a napper, in fact, she is quite the party animal and wears her parents and 13yr old brother out! But I have a feeling she's going to need a nap or two in the park(s). We bought an attachable fan to keep her cool. Any other advice I should have?

We do still bring a stroller with our 4 year old. Our daughter doesn't spend much time in it anymore, but, still at the point where we don't know what kind of day she's going to have. We have a Maclaren triumph which is somewhat like a bigger umbrella stroller. It's adequate and good for holding snacks and drinks. It's mostly used for carting the stuff around.

Rent the stroller from a stoller company like orlando stroller rental. They are the best strollers and cheaper than renting from disney.

I am bringing a larger stroller for my 5 year-old. Along with giving him a spot to rest, I like the extra storage compartments available from using as larger stroller. My kiddo likely won't nap in stroller but will need to take a rest.

I would check with family/friends before renting....especially if you are driving.

I have this jeep stroller that collapses with one hand (AWESOME!!) that I bought specifically for disney. It cost $50. I actually bought a second one because I broke the first one. Similar to this one => http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Stroller-Cobalt-Blue/33392052

Last edited:

I'd either bring your own, or do as PP said and rent from a company such as Orlando Stroller Rental. The strollers you can rent at Disney are very hard and uncomfortable. She'll definitely need to rest her little legs at some point during the day. Your DD will appreciate a stroller that's comfortable as opposed to one that's hard as a rock. :)

Will a regular umbrella stroller suffice or should we rent a stroller? Or perhaps borrow a bigger one from family or invest in one?

Our daughter is not a napper, in fact, she is quite the party animal and wears her parents and 13yr old brother out! But I have a feeling she's going to need a nap or two in the park(s). We bought an attachable fan to keep her cool. Any other advice I should have?
I have an almost 4 year old and will be bringing my own stroller

All of my kids have needed time in a stroller when visiting WDW at age 4. It helps give them a place to rest their legs (even if they don't actually sleep) and also helps for navigating crowds, like when leaving the parks at the end of a LONG day. Having an umbrella stroller with some good storage (we had a Maclaren for our daughter) is very helpful - that's where renting from an outside vendor is better than getting it from the parks.

We rented from Kingdom strollers. It was worth the $$ even thought we had a nice stroller at home. The City Mini is very comfortable and easy to collapse.

I am bringing a larger stroller for my 5 year-old. Along with giving him a spot to rest, I like the extra storage compartments available from using as larger stroller. My kiddo likely won't nap in stroller but will need to take a rest.

I would check with family/friends before renting....especially if you are driving.

I have this jeep stroller that collapses with one hand (AWESOME!!) that I bought specifically for disney. It cost $50. I actually bought a second one because I broke the first one. Similar to this one => http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jeep-Cherokee-Sport-Stroller-Cobalt-Blue/33392052

Hubby has found a used , jogger Jeep stroller that he is going to buy. Thank you for the info!

I bought that same Jeep stroller for my grandson when we were there in November (he turned 5 in September - yes, I know I need to update that picture on the left but it's one of my favorites!) and it was great - large enough that he could relax and had a place to hold my favorite Skinny Peppermint Mocha Starbucks but small enough to manhandle on the buses, etc.

We're going again this December (YEA!!) and I'm not sure what to do - I know he'll still need to rest and he's a "runner" - when he gets excited he takes off running and Grandma isn't so fast anymore to run after him (You should have seen me chasing him through Walmart last month - I know the security monitoring the cameras had a good laugh!!)

It's nice to have him safely in the stroller but he's gotten so tall lately that he has to fold his legs up to get his feet on the footrest now!! He weighs too much for the umbrella strollers.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hey Disney Mom. We are going to Disney end of June/July and we have a 5 year old daughter. At this age I think Disney is still too much for the little legs, and although she will walk a lot, I rented a stroller from Kingdom Strollers (cheaper than Orlando stroller rentals). They have larger ones with higher weight limits. This way, she has a place to rest and if she falls asleep, we can recline the seat and let her relax, while the rest of us carry on! Also helpful when it rains so we won't lose her among all the rain ponchos and she can stay dry! (Plus great for holding anything we find ourselves carrying!!:flower:)

Thanks! I'll definitely look into that. We are driving down from Charlotte so I could bring one if I had to but nice not to have to deal with that in the car on top of the luggage.

I made our "chain" this weekend (he is my special buddy - the diagnosis changes every couple of months from mildly autistic to Asperger's to development delays - he's in a great pre-K and making GREAT progress and of course, I think he's perfect) but he is definitely a visual little guy. We made a construction paper chain and numbered each one - he tears one chain off every morning and see's how many more days until our vacation (this morning was 239)!!

I'm not sure who's more excited about the trip - Grandma or Tyler!

We have always rented a stroller from Orlando stroller rentals. They have several different stroller that are very comfortable for the little ones. It's only like $70 for the whole week and they deliver to your hotel and then you leave it at the hotel at the end of the week and they pick it back up. We really liked this idea so that we didn't have to travel with a big bulky stroller. The ones that you rent at the parks are the hard plastic ones and the other ones you can rent are like the ones that you probably have at home! Well worth the money because their little legs do get tired!!

In 2007 The first time we went in my daughter was 4 & tall.
We got the stroller for her so that if she wanted it she could have it she's not a child that wanders off however it helped keep her safe so that we always knew where she was. It also a great advantage not to carry our bags we put them as a Ottoman per se so she can put her feet on them unless we needed to take them with us.
4 to do get worn out & wine when they are tired at least some do, ours didn't but I seen a lot at WDW. We went back in 2009 & she carried her own light weighted back pack & walked.
We continued to go to WDW WHEN free dining was offered (we have flexibility otherwise we couldn't go unless since we homeschool) we saved as FOOD is $$$$ for any family. We went 9/2007, 9/2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
I got sick with Chronic Lyme Disease & sadly haven't been back as I don't have much energy & I would need a scooter. My medications 26 RX
Are quite costly. The $ we could go with goes to my care & I don't work at all anymore
The GREAT THING & family memory is that we celebrated my daughters 10th bday with a scavenger hunt ( SURPRISE) we're going to WDW & a special CELEBRATION DINNER and cake.
She still talks about it.
We are HUGE WDW fans & I HOPE to go back soon.

Make sure you have a lightweight blanket to cover uo a bit form the sun if she naps. We've rented from kingdom and from apple and were happy with both. If the cost is ok then do kingdom, as you get a stroller cover, parent tray and cooler. The cooler was awesome! Their rain cover wasn't the best but they might have changed them since that trip 2.5 years ago. It used to be a water repellant fabric, that's fine unless you have a downpour and stroller gets caught in it. The clear plastic is better IMO. The best thing about a rental is the awesome storage space! My son will have just turned four and I am going to rent instead of bringing ours I think, for the storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter