4th of july plans ?

bsblady01

disney lover
what are you doing for 4th of july. we are planning to have a big family bbq, and set off some fireworks since you can now buy them in new York. I just hope it's a nice warm weekend.

San Juan Islands and hoping for a release from the heat.

This is the Pacific NorthWet. It is suppose to be raining until July 5th. Sadly no rain in a month and August temps.

Family coming over for meal and swimming.
No fireworks.....too hot to be out long.

Lived for over 35 years in WA and we always had a big cookout. Always worried about the weather. But we had great firework displays. I do miss that.

Not sure yet. I might the kids to Pops and the Park or Lake Winnie. It depends on the weather. It suppose to rain.

Stay inside and try to keep cool. Maybe go to a movie. Really tired of the 110F heat we've had for the past two weeks.

We will leave by 9:30 Wednesday morning to pick up DD21's boyfriend, then head to Portland, ME to catch a bus to Logan Airport to catch a plane to Indianapolis, from where we'll drive to Bloomington, IN, to do the family thing. My DH is one of 7 siblings, at least 5 of whom, with SO's and kids, will converge at my SIL's for the weekend. My MIL and DH's father will be there, too. It's always a fun, crazy time. We will head back to Maine on Monday 7/6 by the same long route.

My daughter is flying home Wednesday night, and I haven't seen her since Christmas. We are going to the beach with my sister, my niece, and a friend for a long girls' weekend............beach, books, barbecue and beer :) !!

we have a 4th of july tradition.
we celebrate my mom's birthday (its on july 3rd but has always been celebrated on the 4th) with a cake that is red, white, and blue, and has a crab on it.
we go to my grandparent's house (they passed away quite a few years ago but we still own the house) and walk up the street to the top of the hill to watch the fireworks.

We have our annual family picnic. It's my dad's family but most of his generation including my dad have passed. My generation Is now the old folks sittin around LOL It's a potluck! It's at my cousin's house as she has a large backyard with a built in pool. We leave there around 4, go to my son's where they live by a court and about 5 houses buy fireworks. We are at the age now where the grandkids and kids on the street are more interested in lighting off the fireworks than watching them. Boys and their toys type of thing.

I wish I were going to be in Toledo for my cousin's wedding.

We have A's games all weekend. After Friday nights game, there will be fireworks. I want to convince DH to get up early on Saturday and watch the parade in the next town over. Then onto the afternoon A's game. No family BBQ for us. We've never done stuff with family on 4th of July.

Maybe going to a movie in the morning/early afternoon then over to my aunts for a bbq and fireworks

Both kids have work so when they get off in the afternoon we are going to a family bbq/pool party. Hoping that we can see some of the town fireworks from their house.

Flying to Florida that afternoon. I'm sure my mom has some kind of plans. I'm kind of hoping we just do fireworks at their house so my kids can see their crazy grandpa in his natural state. Nothing like seeing a dude with a perpetual 80's 'do(though shorter now) and an AC/DC or Black Sabbath shirt lighting off fireworks. :upsidedow

It's just me and my two girls (17 & 10) and usually we don't really do much on the 4th but this year I decided to change that. I work for a major University/Medical Center here in Maryland and I'm taking advantage of one of the many hotel rates laid aside especially for my employer. I've gotten us a hotel downtown and we'll go swimming in the afternoon, get something to eat, walk around the Inner Harbor and do the touristy thing until making our way to find a great spot to view the fireworks. I plan on taking a blanket, snacks and plenty of bug spray and hopefully engaging in some fun spirited card games to pass the time. Baltimore's firework display over the Inner Harbor is really nice and can even be seen on historical Federal Hill (that's where we plan to get a spot). The next day after check out I think I'll take my girls and hit up a very popular place to have brunch before going back home.

DD12 and I are headed to FL to spend the long weekend with my uncle and his family. He lives on the water with a pool, boat and a couple of seadoos so we plan to hang out and do mostly nothing all weekend. We'll probably take the boat out to the bay for the fireworks. Monday well spend the day in Tampa at the aquarium and meeting friends for dinner before our flight home.

I don't normally do FL in July but at least we'll be out on the water or in the pool the whole time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter