• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th fast pass on mobile device ( change for FP+ )

ilovedisneymm

DIS Veteran
It has been said that eventually you will be able to get a 4th fast pass via your phone. Anyone know when this change is coming? It seems like there is a lot more man power and money involved to continue the way it is currently set up.

And how about the fast pass selection for multiple parks? Anyone know when that will change?

Knowing how much programming goes into even the simplest and tiniest change on our systems at work, I can only imagine the time and costs for the FP+ system. My guess is that while it is being worked on, there are higher priorities fixing all the bugs in the system.

I don't really see how there is much additional cost though with booking in the parks. With the complexities of the system and only WDW guests and AP holders being able to book in advance (which I think is rightfully so) there will be tons of people every day needing to book their initial FP's in the park. I just don't really ever see the manpower/kiosks going away. Even with the legacy system there were attendants at each FP ride manning the machines, now they are just condensed into a few areas of the park. They are already staffing those kiosks, so I don't see that it is that much of an additional cost for having the 4+ FP's booking there as well.

Well the app was completely useless on my iphone 5 last month so I don't see that as an improvement.

I gave up on the app entirely in August and went to the mobile Web site while on my phone. I'll try the app again next week, but I don't have very high hopes that it will work.

If the app is not working, I turn off wifi and use my cellular data and it will usually work. You would think that Disney would get their wifi to work well with the app after spending all that money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter