43 minutes so far......

rcraw45425

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with
and still on hold! Online check in is down and when I pulled up reservations on the phone it read my reservation back to me then said it had to get an agent. That was now 45 minutes ago. I have a few questions and requests since we have two rooms booked at AKL and are taking a friend of the girls'. They have me and our two daughters in one room and hubby and the friend in another! :eek: I know it's just for the reservation but I'm converned that if they cut the room keys that way that I'll be locked out of our room and on the girls' room.

They are releasing a spring discount this morning for Disney Visa Card holders.. (goes to the general public next Friday) ..

So.. today? I'ts going to be ugly on the phone with the Disney Reservations Centre.

rcraw45425 said:
and still on hold! Online check in is down and when I pulled up reservations on the phone it read my reservation back to me then said it had to get an agent. That was now 45 minutes ago. I have a few questions and requests since we have two rooms booked at AKL and are taking a friend of the girls'. They have me and our two daughters in one room and hubby and the friend in another! :eek: I know it's just for the reservation but I'm converned that if they cut the room keys that way that I'll be locked out of our room and on the girls' room.

Can't they fix that at the front desk when you get there? I'm also a little confused...you have to have an adult in each room--for reservations anyway.

gave up at an hour and ten minutes. Yeah, I guess they can fix it at the front desk, hope so any way. They guaranteed us connecting since the girls are 15, 17 & 17. It just looks freaky seeing my hubbys name and a teenage girl on a reservation ;) . My biggest fear is that we won't get the connecting rooms and then my room key will be keyed for their room and vice versa. Glad I didn't do a package now, expecially since I've been seeing where people were having difficulty getting their tickets pulled off. We arrive at the Dolphin on Jan 1, then move over to AKL the next morning. Plan to give the kids their tickets and let them go on to a park and hubby and I will handle check in.

I didn't think connecting was a certainty unless there was only one adult with younger kids. I didn't think that 3 teenagers would count. Good to know.
But, in all reality? You can get it fixed upon actual checkin at the resort. That won't be any issue at all.

I didn't think connecting was a certainty unless there was only one adult with younger kids. I didn't think that 3 teenagers would count. Good to know.
But, in all reality? You can get it fixed upon actual checkin at the resort. That won't be any issue at all.

My fear is that it will be an issue, all deluxe properties are completely booked! :eek: They told me that since the rooms only sleep four and we have five that they would have to guarantee since they were under 18. First time I've done this so I was happy to hear it too.

They guaranteed us connecting since the girls are 15, 17 & 17.

Connecting rooms are just a request and alot of reservation CMs tell the guest that they are guaranteed, but in reality they are not. If there are two adults with several kids, they can put 1 adult in 1 room and the other adult in the other (which it looks like they did with your reservation).

I didn't think connecting was a certainty unless there was only one adult with younger kids. I didn't think that 3 teenagers would count.

You are correct. The only time I think connecting rooms are guaranteed is when there is 1 adult out numbered by several children, and even in those situations I have read several reports that connecting rooms were not assigned.

After trying for days, I finally was able to check in online by using mydisneyreservation.com. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter