40% off??? Doesn't make sense

kateej

Earning My Ears
I got my first pin code, for 40% off. Called to see if I could book a trip end of Feb/early march. Code only good for March 1 and beyond. So, CM told me I'd have to do two reservations. This is a little annoying because you have to buy a ticket with the 40% deal so I have to pay much more for park tickets than I would otherwise have to. BUt, I figured if I got anywhere close to the 40% off, it may make up for it.

So, for March 1 and 2, she quoted me over $1000 for the Poly. I looked online WITHOUT THE CODE and the price is $935. I told her I didn't want insurance and didn't want the water parks. How is this at all possible? Does the pin code not really work at the Deluxe resorts? I don't get it. I'd really like to plan a trip at the end of the month (i know i'm totally a last minute planner!!), but only if I can get a good deal and unfortunately, I can't return any later than about March 4 due to some work committments. So sad!

If the 40% off is for room only, why did you have to buy tickets? It sounds like you already have tickets. I would call back and see what someone else says. We qualified for the 40% off with the military rate. I figured it out before I called and I was just a few dollars off. Free dinning worked out better foir us, so did not use the 40% off.

That is probably because there are a limited number of 40% eligible rooms and there may not be anymore left.

That is the same problem I had and we even booked at POP! We arrive at WDW on 10/23 and check out on 11/1 but the discount is only valid from 10/25-10/31. Soooo.... we booked one "package" reservation for 10/23 - 10/25 with 8 day base tickets, and then room only for 10/25 - 11/1. The 40% discount applies to the room only so we couldn't take 40% off the tickets. We saved $200 off of the room for 10/25 - 11/1 which is not as much as I thought it would save, but when you actually write out the numbers, it is the tickets that costs and arm and a leg. I am hoping for a package discount later in the year that I can apply to 10/23 - 10/25 so hopefully I can save some money there too.

If you got the same PIN that I got, then you don't have to buy tickets in addition to the room. I recently booked my AKL room-only stay using this PIN. Anyway, the same thing happened to me - it took me 3 calls to get the 40% off. With each call, the price went down little by little until I finally got the 40% off. :sad2: It's annoying, but it was worth it. Keep trying!

One more thing, is it possible that your stay overlaps into a blackout date?

Thanks for the tips to call back --I did and got a much better deal and booked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter