4 people, 3 weeks, 2 resorts and 1 Kingdom! ~Day 15 MGM (STAR WARS), BB & QOTD

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
SATURDAY 26th May 2001

MGM (STAR WARS), BB & QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

Up and at ‘em at about 7:45 and off to Sizzlers at Lake Buena Vista. A disappointing start as the service was a bit slack. We had all finished one plate of food before anyone came to get our drinks order! We didn’t even get a coffee refill, and boy do I need my morning caffeine shot!!!

Don’t get me wrong as I appreciate it can’t be an easy job but our expectations were a bit higher based on previous experience. In their defence, they appeared to have only 2 servers working!

On the way out we notice some Brits being taken in on the cheap Disney/ timeshare ticket scam – Noooooo, don’t do it we shout and hastily leave.

Anyway, moan over and off to MGM and it’s Star Wars Weekend – how cool is that?

Yikes! – there are Stormtroopers on the roof of the turnstiles looking very menacing!
We grabbed a FP for WMTBAM and went to The Bear in the Big Blue House! – It might be ok for pre-schoolers but anyone else – ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The funny thing was that they had two “aged parents” as “bouncers” near the stage. They couldn’t even catch a cold!

Onto WWTBAM – this is good again and we are a bit more clued up after our first visit. The 2nd contestant made good progress and was ready to carry on the next session although we couldn’t make it.

DDs were a bit restless so we went over to 'Honey I shrunk the kids' playground for a while as we soaked up the Star Wars atmosphere.

We went to Pizza Planet for lunch (LONG queues here, pizza was good though), then onto Al’s Toy Barn for some pics and autographs.

We bagged lots of pictures and autographs today, including: -

Frollo
Meeko
Jessie
Woody
Beast – from Beauty & the Beast

It’s still very hot so we head off to BB to cool down. (Boy, are we going to miss BB & TL when we go home! We were really pleased we got the LOS passes that meant we could just pop in and out of all the parks & water parks.)

After all of the usual rides, we were again thrown out at closing time! Food time! DDs had Macdonald’s and we went to Taco Bell. I know it gets a lot of bad press but we LOVED it – 10 taco’s for $6.90! – at last some food with a bit of bite!

As we left at 9p.m. we overheard a lady say “ Oh look, it’s the fireworks from that Disney hotel that does the Luau!” – and I thought that we were naïve! – LOL

We head back to CBR and found that all the toys were surrounding one teddy that appeared to be dead!!!!

It was so funny! – how do they keep thinking up all of these things?

Also, our toothbrushes were held in a special holder made out of the flannels and it had stickers on in the form of some flowers.

We have a late swim in Aruba’s pool and put DDs to bed at 10:00 and we finished off and got to sleep at about 11:00.

Tomorrow: FIRE, SMOKE, USF, PIRATES COVE GOLF

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter