4 nt Dream Concierge in Sept

undertheradar

DIS Veteran
Sailing concierge for the first time in Sept., when should we hear from concierge? What night should we do Palo and would you request a cabana?

Sailing concierge for the first time in Sept., when should we hear from concierge? What night should we do Palo and would you request a cabana?

You will love it! We leave in one week for our Fantasy cruise and it will be our 4 th time on concierge. Things are always changing. I think I last heard you can start making requests at 125 days out. That is about the time they contact you. I recommend contacting them now and politely asking what is the current time to make requests. They often recommend you email your requests at that time. When we have called them they are always very nice and walk you through the process. Enjoy!

I believe the 4 night still has a pirate night which is always our least favorite menu so this is when we usually do Palo. Take a cabana. We have had them every cruise we can get one, and love them. We also have a 18 mo old so often just having the shelter and a pack and play for nap times is a real benefit.

I believe on the 4-night, you will repeat your restaurant on nights 2 and 3, so I would pick one of those in most cases to schedule Palo. However, keep in mind that you can STILL go to the dining room for an appetizer and a drink, if you have Main Seating and schedule Palo later on. (if you find out the approximate time for sunset around then, that's even better, so you can eat at Palo as the sun is setting - very pretty) Beware - there's a lot of food at Palo, so don't overdo it. :lmao: But this especially works out well if you have kids, so you can eat with them, take them to the clubs, and then head for your evening out. If you choose to eat at Palo on pirate night, you'll probably miss the pirate menu, and some of the festivities. So that might be important to you if it's your first DCL cruise. I usually take a quick look at each dining menu and pick the one I like least, and then request a dining rotation and Palo Dinner from that.

Even without overthinking the Palo / dining rotation choice, you're going to have an amazing time. If you miss a menu you wanted to try, hey - there's always another cruise to plan for! You will not have time to experience a lot of things on a 4-night cruise, but that's OK. You'll be much more relaxed if you don't try to do it all, and save some treats for a future cruise.

Cabanas are fabulous, but people have also reported that they've had just as good a time without one. However, we always enjoy ours very much, and would not do without one unless we were doing a double-dip (special itinerary with two days at Castaway Cay). Happy sailing, and enjoy concierge on the Dream - it is wonderful!

Forgot to mention - you should hear from shoreside concierge 130 - 120 days out. It has varied for us. Feel free to email them or call them yourself anytime. They are always a pleasure to work with, and if you email them in the morning, you'll surely hear back by early afternoon.

You will absolutely love concierge! Planning our first non-concierge cruise after sailing twice in concierge at the moment, and it's really difficult to shine not having the lounge, sun deck and personalized service.

As for a cabana, you'll hear mixed reviews. We had one earlier this year on Serenity Bay, and didn't feel it was worth the additional $400. Having said that, we don't have kids, so the family cabanas with the private beach will be something we try when we do have kids.

Which type of concierge room did you book? If you have a T or R, you can have room service bring the dining room dinners to you. If you have an R, you can also have Palo delivered. Last Sept, my husband and I stayed in a T for the first time, and had room service 2 nights, went to Palo the third (Pirate night), and Remy the fourth. We never set foot in an MDR for dinner and absolutely loved the experience! This is something to consider when making your Palo/Remy reservation, too. You can also look at the menus online to decide which one you don't want to miss.

Enjoy!!!

On our 4 day Concierge LY, we didn't go to any of the rotation restaurants, didn't miss them at all. We have a 9 yo DD and she was also fine just hanging out in the pool, having room service and also went to the training restaurant. This wasn't the fastest service, but the newbies, went over and above w/DD, we cleaned up, wore comfortable cruise wear and had a really fun time.

We did go to Palo brunch, which is our favorite because we like to have dinner as a family. Looking forward to our Aug trip, which sounds like it will be fairly similar.

You can email concierge or call anytime, once you're booked. They're great at answering any/all questions. DCL.Concierge.Services@disneycruise.com 866 784 1654
Enjoy, its addicting!!

Thanks for the replies. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the cruise, first cruise w/o our kids! Just wanting to relax and do some of the organized activities, try Palo.

All tips are appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter