4 Night Wonder out of Miami (update 3/1-Complete)

you mentioned liking the sit down breakfast VRS a buffet....
We have cruised 2x on the Disney Cruise and NEVER sat for breakfast except for the special character breakfst...HELP....lol...How does breakfast work?? can you just get up and go to any restaurant you want or is it like dinner and you have set times? ( We go on the 3/16 wonder)

No set times, you just walk up and they'll find you a table. The sit down seems to be hosted in the fancy restaurant, Tritons/Lumieres/Royal Palace/Royal Court. Oh definitely try a sit down breakfast at least once, it's a fabulous way to start the day. It does take longer than the buffet so keep that in mind if you need to be meeting for an excursion.

that is a very valid worry, I have not gone one of less than 9 days since 2004....

I will be gone right at 3 weeks this fall.

Oh my, being gone for three weeks sounds heavenly. I'd probably never want to go back to work!

Hi! I just got all caught up again...:blush: I don't know what to do about Nassau, get off or not? We are only on a three night so part of me doesn't want to step off the ship there. But DH wants to possibly do a Dolphin encounter. I don't know, I really want to enjoy the ship, and Nassau doesn't sound great to me.

That breakfast looked great though! Why am I so excited to Krispy Kreme??::yes::

For only being three nights my advice is stay on the ship and enjoy it. It is so nice being on a half empty ship.

Those Krispy Kremes were delicious! They closed the shop near me so it was fun they were on the ship.

Pinkocto said:
Oh my, being gone for three weeks sounds heavenly. I'd probably never want to go back to work!

Yes I find o have that problem, but if I ever want to do it again, I must go back to work...

They so have inside cabins with split bathrooms. The category 10 cabins are classified as deluxe inside cabins and they all have split bathrooms.

The 10C was $500 more than the 11C that I booked. Even though I prefer the split bath there's no way I was paying that much more. I'm glad that I've discovered I can still enjoy the room even with only the one bathroom. Some cruises that could mean booking or not booking.

Unfortunately they stopped them in late spring/ early summer last year. We missed out on tea during our Hawaii cruise and I was so sat that we will never get the chance again.

Perhaps they'll bring it back. I thought it was a fairly popular event.

When I did the WBTA in 2010, we had just short of 2 years between the announcement and the cruise and I think we had 8 threads with 250 pages each before we left.

Corinna

By the way this is going I'm sure it'll be a similar situation.

What a pain that the clock was wrong. I am glad that you still made it to the raffle. I really love Tanzanite and I would love to see a photo of your jewellery, too. How funny that you ended up getting the same necklace that your mom would have won in the raffle. I was kind of hoping that we may pick out a Tanzanite ring for me in Dubai as we just had a special anniversary, but we are spending a small fortune on our excursions for our back to back cruises so the ring will wait.

Diamonds International was doing a special, if you bought a certain $ amount of one of their collections you would get a free necklace. They must have given Maxine some because that was what she raffled a few times. I hope you get a ring someday soon :)

I don't get Nassau. We stopped there twice and the first time we got off for about 90 minutes, but then I had enough of pushy sales people who were trying to pull me into their shops. The second time, I stayed on the ship.

It's quite a dirty run down place. You'd think they'd make it as beautiful and welcoming as possible, they lose out on a lot of potential tourists.

Did you ever check out the Outlook Cafe? This is my favourite hang out on the Wonder and I really missed it on the Magic.

Corinna

I think we came across it once but didn't go in. Is it next to one of the kid clubs in a funnel? Another reason to go cruising again, more exploration is needed :)

Its so easy to get behind. I'm trying to finish this one before the next trip. I didn't think it would be very long since the cruise was only four days but plenty of fun was had :)

You have a lot on your plate! I hope classes are going well :)

The June trip is quite short, 5/31-6/3. It was originally going to be the next weekend and for six days instead of four but someone else snagged that time so I had to rearrange things. Are your potential plans going to be in June?

Yes, we'll go in June, if everything works out. We've got a couple things in mind that we want to try to plan. We will prob go sometime around June 17 or so. Trying to schedule everything around work schedule (every other weekend), and I don't want to have to ask for my weekend off, or try to trade with anyone.

Welcome! That's so exciting! Which itinerary are you doing?

I've taken to writing journals on my trips. There's so many details I would completely forget otherwise. It's also really fun reading them later, I can picture myself being right back there.

Thanks for joining along!

Thanks!! I'll be going on one of the Miami 5-night Western Caribbeans (Itinerary A- Cozumel, Castaway Cay). Never been to Cozumel, so looking forward to that. Would LOVE to be going to Grand Cayman as well (I think that's the B itinerary) but just couldn't pass on a trip to Castaway Cay. :)

I think your journalling idea is great! A souvenir you can keep enjoying through til your next cruise. :)

I think we came across it once but didn't go in. Is it next to one of the kid clubs in a funnel? Another reason to go cruising again, more exploration is needed :)

Yes, Outlook Cafe has two entrances -- one is from deck 10 midship, across from the staircase that goes up to Vibe (teen club); the other is up the spiral staircase from the Cove Cafe.

I had a bit of catching up to do ;)

Yay for the jewellery purchase - can't wait to see photos

I love the shot of you and Daisy Duck - you look soooo happy :goodvibes

Oh and thanks for the photos of Cove Cafe - I am really excited about sitting in their with a nice coffee, I spent a lot of time in the version on the Fantasy and the Wonder's version looks really nice :thumbsup2

I really wanted to go to Atlantis to enjoy the waterpark, but then I read it wasn't as clean as the Disney water parks so that put me off. You made me very excited to go to BB this year. I don't plan on getting off at Nassau again unless I book an excursion or want to but but something specific.

I know but there's so much to do and so little time! But I was glad I slept in as long as I did.

That really surprised and shocked me. We have not been to the Atlantis in Nassau, but we have been to the one in Dubai a few times and are going again in March. The water park there is absolutely pristine with tons of staff keeping the place at its best. There is one thing to be said about Aquaventure though. Once you have tried this, you don't want to go back to a Disney water park. They just can't compete with it and I have heard that Aquaventure in Nassau is even better than the one in Dubai.

Corinna

Yes, we'll go in June, if everything works out. We've got a couple things in mind that we want to try to plan. We will prob go sometime around June 17 or so. Trying to schedule everything around work schedule (every other weekend), and I don't want to have to ask for my weekend off, or try to trade with anyone.

I hope everything works out!

Thanks!! I'll be going on one of the Miami 5-night Western Caribbeans (Itinerary A- Cozumel, Castaway Cay). Never been to Cozumel, so looking forward to that. Would LOVE to be going to Grand Cayman as well (I think that's the B itinerary) but just couldn't pass on a trip to Castaway Cay. :)

I think your journalling idea is great! A souvenir you can keep enjoying through til your next cruise. :)

Cozumel is beautiful, are you doing any excursions? I have that itinerary booked for next January, couldn't pass up on CC either.

Yes, Outlook Cafe has two entrances -- one is from deck 10 midship, across from the staircase that goes up to Vibe (teen club); the other is up the spiral staircase from the Cove Cafe.

So that's where the mysterious stairs led to. I wish I had explored some more.

That really surprised and shocked me. We have not been to the Atlantis in Nassau, but we have been to the one in Dubai a few times and are going again in March. The water park there is absolutely pristine with tons of staff keeping the place at its best. There is one thing to be said about Aquaventure though. Once you have tried this, you don't want to go back to a Disney water park. They just can't compete with it and I have heard that Aquaventure in Nassau is even better than the one in Dubai.

Corinna

I hope it was just an off day. The Aquaventure looks amazing and I'm still really curious about it. I have this phobia about wet paper (napkins, straw covers, that sort of thing) and the report I read said these things weren't being picked up or thrown away as they should have. Your review on the one in Dubai sounded fantastic.

I had a bit of catching up to do ;)

Yay for the jewellery purchase - can't wait to see photos

I love the shot of you and Daisy Duck - you look soooo happy :goodvibes

Oh and thanks for the photos of Cove Cafe - I am really excited about sitting in their with a nice coffee, I spent a lot of time in the version on the Fantasy and the Wonder's version looks really nice :thumbsup2

I much preferred the Cove Cafe on the Wonder. More seating and corners to relax in. I also liked being able to get the pastries out myself rather than asking the CM.

I literally jumped out of my seat and exclaimed 'Daisy Duck!!!' in a very excited voice. I was so excited! I felt like a little kid :cutie:

The jewelry was so unexpected, mom made me feel very special :)

I much preferred the Cove Cafe on the Wonder. More seating and corners to relax in. I also liked being able to get the pastries out myself rather than asking the CM.

I literally jumped out of my seat and exclaimed 'Daisy Duck!!!' in a very excited voice. I was so excited! I felt like a little kid :cutie:

The jewelry was so unexpected, mom made me feel very special :)

I am so glad I am not the only adult who acts like a little kid about everything Disney. :love:

You and your mom sound so close, it is lovely! I hope I have that kind of relationship with my DD's when they are grown!:)

I finally got around to taking pictures of the navigators for those who were interested.

First Day:

DisneyWonderJanuary2013359.jpg

DisneyWonderJanuary2013360.jpg

DisneyWonderJanuary2013361.jpg

DisneyWonderJanuary2013362.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter