4 Night Wonder out of Miami (update 3/1-Complete)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Pinkocto, Jan 29, 2013.

1. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Hooray for you!:cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

Ok, I stand corrected on my hypothesis that perhaps we traveled in different circles on that cruise. I had dinner in Palo the following night (Pirate night) and not only was Hristo my server as well, but I also ordered the sea bass w/the 1/2 order of the gnocchi. <G>

I'm booked on the WBTA, too, so perhaps we'll run into each other at some point during the 2 weeks!

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed your last two updates. The food pictures are amazing. It's crazy how much food you can try. Knowing me - I will try everything.

So is there always a presentation on shopping in Nassau?

Question - if you want coffee first thing in the morning do you order it through room service? This is essential for me.

Palo looks lovely. I would like to try for a buffet, if possible.

Cool pictures of the sailboat race.

5. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

What a fabulous coincidence that you both had Hristo as well! He really made the evening extra special.

I'm so excited about the WBTA! I'm already planning in my mind :)

6. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Thanks!

7. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Too funny! That meal was so good :cloud9: I'm glad I was able to move it to that night because I was pretty seasick pirate night, couldn't eat anything.

Very cool! WBTA here we come!

8. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update :goodvibes
    Looks like you had a wonderful time at Palo
    I'm hoping we can get a brunch reservation for our Alaska cruise :thumbsup2

9. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

The great thing is they will make smaller portions of things so you can try more than you usually would. I was getting really good about remembering food pictures. Mom would start getting ready to dig in and I'd have to quickly say 'I did my picture first!' :)

I believe so. Maxine said there's always a shopping guide on each cruise and she did a presentation on every port.

You can order it through room service but then you need to tip them. You'll need to fill out a room service card and put it out the night before. There's also the 24 hour beverage station you can get coffe from. Mom really enjoyed the coffee even though it gets a lot of bad reviews. I don't drink coffee so can't give my opinion.

If you have a sea day on your cruise they do a brunch which looks spectacular. I have one booked for next month so you know I'll bring back oodles of pictures.

Thanks :) they were completely lucky, I couldn't see what I was taking the sun was so bright.

10. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Thank you :) it was such a lovely evening.

I'm really excited to try the brunch, it looks so good from the pictures I've seen. I'll be curious which I'll like better. Several people say they actually prefer brunch. I hope you have no problems getting a reservation.

11. dgbg100106

dgbg100106 Missing the Tag Fiary

Congratulations... That is awesome news!

12. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'm so excited :) I can't imagine how lovely it will be to cruise for two weeks.

13. dgbg100106

it will be relaxing and wonderful! And you will be hooked! It will be hard to go back to less.

14. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

Hi there, Pam!:wave2:

Subbing! Can't wait to go back and read...I'm going to have plenty of time today since the weather is bad...cold and rainy.

Heather

15. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

:surfweb: Just finished reading. Love all the pics (know that's a shocker;), right?) It's so interesting to see the differences between the Dream and the Wonder. It's definitely smaller, but still beautiful. Just curious, did you ever get a picture of your shower? You said it was super small so I was wondering just how small :laughing: How did you like staying in an inside room compared to one with a verandah?

16. Leshaface

Leshaface DIS Veteran

Ugh, totally missing Palo right now. That was by far the best meal of our cruise. So delicious and fresh and the service is so spot on! So glad you and your mom enjoyed it!

So out of it, but what's WBTA?

17. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

Westbound Transatlantic

18. dgbg100106

Which sounds wonderful!

19. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

That's what I'm worried about!

20. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

:wave2: hi Heather!

Mom and I both kept saying how beautiful it was. Definitely smaller but that was a plus, it didn't take ages to get anywhere.

Would you believe I didn't get a single picture of the bathroom :confused3 not sure what happened there. My problem is that I have very wide hips so was just not comfortable in the shower, I kept hitting the curtain on one side and the bar on the other. Mom had absolutely no problem with it at all. I actually really enjoyed the inside room and would stay in one again without hesitation. Of course I love the verandah as well but I'm glad I've discovered I don't 'have' to have a verandah.

21. Pinkocto

Pinkocto DIS Veteran

Palo was just magnificent! I'm so excited to try brunch :)

14 nights of cruising with 8 days at sea :love: