4 Night - Stay on the ship at Nassau?

meandmad

Mouseketeer
We're considering staying on the ship when it docks at Nassau. I'm traveling with my mom, 61, and daughter, 7. My mom and I have "been there, done that" with Nassau. I don't think my DD would really miss it. We've done dolphin encounters before.

My question is, how many of you have stayed on the boat at Nassau? If you have, was there plenty to do? Were there few people everywhere?

Thanks! :wave2:

My family recently returned to the ship for lunch while at St.Maarten. It's was so empty and quiet that we decided to stay. We swam and just enjoyed the down time in port. Unless you go to Atlantis for the day, I say bypass Nassau and the straw market. I get claustrophobic just thinking about it. Enjoy your cruise.

We stayed on the ship in Nassau in December, and it was great. The weather was wonderful, and the ship was very empty. We slept in that morning, had lunch at Beach Blanket Buffet, spent some time at the adult pool, and then took a nap! It was probably the most relaxing day of our whole vacation.

Beth

Yes, stay!!!!! The ship won't be totally empty as more and more passengers are repeaters and stay on, but the pools are open, the sun is beautiful and food and drinks are available. The last time I was there I got off to buy a bottle of booze. Turns out it was $1.00 less on board at the store. Having been there over 10 times, I see no need to get off. I enjoy Castaway Cay much more than any beach excursion in NAssau.

We just came back from Nassau 2/1 on Zuiderdam and have been therre before, about 2 years ago. We are taking kids on Wonder in August. I dont think we are getting off boat. You now leave terminal by going through a checkpoint with armed guards in fatigues and we got a distinct feeling of fear and desperation among the people. Im not sure what happened in last year or so but Im a little scared to take kids off. Streets in main town were heavily trafficed with speeding cars and trucks who didnt seem to care much about pedestrians. I think they may have had some rioting and a military crackdown after hurricanes. I felt very sad about whatever happened because we really enjoyed Nassau first time we were there and pretty much roamed island on our own.Now I wouldn't leave immediate downtown area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter